Darkfall Unholy Wars

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Bought this about 4 months ago during beta, never played it and forgot about it. They've debited me 15 Euros today via paypal for what I guess is a subscription. Sneaky feckers.

If you bought it in beta and aren't playing go tohttp://www.darkfallonline.com/to unsubscribe.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bouhgt this about 4 months ago during beta but have never paid it. They've debited me 15 Euros today via paypal for what I guess is a subscription. Sneaky feckers.
It automatically sets you up for a subscription. You have to go into account details and cancel it. So far they haven't tried to charge me.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I have about 5k prowess. Finding it hard to keep grinding away in the noob area. My clan advised me to stick with it until I got about 10k while working on finishing up my first set of boosters, primary weapon to 100 and stat to 70ish.

Any suggestions? They also advised to keep working on finishing as many feats as possible while in the noob area.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
gathering is pretty good prowess and money early on. I have an alt gatherer with 12k prowess now who has never even done a kill feat.

If your play time allows for stuff like pointing your guy at a tree and going afk for 15m while you empty the node then repeat it can be really nice.

When i am home and dont feel like playing I will sit and read my book and point my guy at harvesting nodes. The money adds up quick and so does the prowess. If you chop wood or cotton over the weekend you might end up with 5k of mats that you can cut into the completed resource for an extra like 800 prowess and then turn around and sell those resources for atleast 10k gold.

Its alot like EQ1 for me, I spend alot of time bullshiting with clan mates while doing semi afk activities for slow but steady prowess. Also when you do those low level mob spawns, loot everything and salvage everything, there is a ton of money to be made there. Even shit like r0 goblin staffs can salvage for iron ingots.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You'll need to be more specific. Do you want to PvP? craft? long term goals? Although, what Chinaman was told by his clan before is pretty much 100% correct.

"My clan advised me to stick with it until I got about 10k while working on finishing up my first set of boosters, primary weapon to 100 and stat to 70ish. They also advised to keep working on finishing as many feats as possible while in the noob area."

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anyone got some noob advice for this game other than don't play it lol
tip #1, find a guild. Its the thing that will help the most going foward, darkfall is not a solo game.

tip #2, do 1-2 starter mob feats that you can get done in a safezone before moving out.

tip #3, after those starter feats, kill mobs in groups of difficulties because there are hidden feats for them. Mobs will be shown as Mob Name(Difficulty) on your map.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/sh...ks-Info-Threadhas a lot of good info.

When you're ready to move out of the safe zone, kill hags, ice elementals (they're villains too), arctic bears, and giants.

If you're just starting, you can spend some time in the sewers of any major city to get started with a bunch of leather... enough to take you to hardened by the time you finish the less time-consuming feats. Bring a skinner or three and go as a warrior in few pieces of chain to make life easier. Depending on the RNG, you could walk out of there with anywhere from 1 to 30 selentine keys, too. If you don't get very lucky on the keys, then you could try to fish up some maps for some gold. You can also sell the leather to players if you don't plan to use it.

You can put 25 points in any skill extremely cheaply, so don't be afraid to spend a few points. Even 50 isn't too much on the larger scale of things.

Try to farm spawns with 3+ people. The spawn rate goes up a lot.

http://yourmom.at/agon/has a map of spawns. I think it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of exploration, but it's a very useful tool.

Avoid soloing. If you really must solo, then at least hunt some stuff near spawns your clanmates are farming so you can call for help if you get jumped. It takes about 2 minutes to cross a square of the map lengthwise.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I just want them to revamp villages so they are worth doing and turn into real hotspots.

Next month should be fun, hope AH doesnt get delayed at all but I am sure it will. Other than that a new alignment system would be nice. Game is rolling along pretty well now. It needs alot of content but the stuff that is there is well done for the most part.

Dashivax

N00b
Next month should be fun, hope AH doesnt get delayed at all but I am sure it will.
Do people really think it is going to be an auction house? They have given no indication it will be anything like that, they are definitely not calling it that.

It's most likely going to be the return of the vendor system that they added to villages, except it will be in safe zones and you won't have to rely on a 1 in 100,000 drop from a chaos chest to setup a shop.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
ya maybe, but they do have the building for it already and it isnt really set up like its gonna be a EQ1 style bazaar so we will see. Which is why I think it will be more like an AH.

I actually would prefer a bazaar or lineage 2 style system because I think it being local would be nice, as long as they have a search function.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
New patch went in friday, they made the round robin alot better and made some decent balance tweaks. New dungeon they added is pretty small but great feats for mid level players. Kinda wish they had added two or three instances of the dungeon to different places around the world given its small size.

Vegetoee_sl

shitlord
Anyone got a guild I and my Friend can join? Gallec is my name, not sure what he is named as my friend is making his char soon.

Whatever possesed me to buy this game, again.

I kept crashing, which is apparently a steam bought issue.

redownloaded the game through AV patcher, stuck at 6645 of 6646

Someone on steam tells me to post on DFUW forums technical, they require me to sub to game to post even though i just paid 40$ for their game

Asked for a steam refund, wasted 5 hours with this shit

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Been playing for about a three days now. Saw the game on Steam when I saw the 50% deal. First thing that struct me was how dated the graphics look. The PvE combat on my warrior is good enough for now as I level and I am having fun. That said, the graphics and overall performance is dampening a lot of my enjoyment. In my first forays out of the safe zones have resulted in ganks which is fine by me. Ive gotten away from gankers and hid from gankers.

Overall game is alright so far. I may try the Elementalist class for a bit.