Darksiders II

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Gavinrad_sl said:
Meaningless statement is meaningless? All THQ games end up cheap as dirt on Steam.
You've got to be kidding me... OP asked if he should buy Darksiders II, I mention the lowest price I've seen it's predecessor sell for on Steam. I suggest he wait for the price to lower, especially if people on here feel the first game was better. I'm not saying a game is only as good as its price. I think Company of Heroes is an excellent game, and they're practically throwing that into your game library. I think it would be more odd if someone has not purchased that game by now out of sheer curiosity.

Daidraco_sl said:
So... are you saying you havent played DS2, yet?
Bacon_sl said:
I liked the first one. The second one I've stayed away from...
This is the first statement I made in this thread, you caught me red handed Sherlock...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You've got to be kidding me... OP asked if he should buy Darksiders II, I mention the lowest price I've seen it's predecessor sell for on Steam. I suggest he wait for the price to lower, especially if people on here feel the first game was better. I'm not saying a game is only as good as its price. I think Company of Heroes is an excellent game, and they're practically throwing that into your game library. I think it would be more odd if someone has not purchased that game by now out of sheer curiosity.

This is the first statement I made in this thread, you caught me red handed Sherlock...
My mistake, I thought you were using the 5 dollar comment to insult my precious Darksiders game.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Gavinrad_sl said:
My mistake, I thought you were using the 5 dollar comment to insult my precious Darksiders game.
Haha precious Darksiders game, I'm glad you can take my criticisms lightly. Looking at my previous comment, I can see how it can be misinterpreted. I can't shovel off my extra copy because my Steam friends stick to WASD games. For some unholy reason they have not discovered the $15 Windows wireless receiver for the 360 controller and experienced gaming nirvana.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My biggest gripe with DS2 so far is that I fight with the controls and camera far more than I fight monsters.

There are times when you're locked onto an enemy and you dodge left or right, taking the camera out of being strictly centered on you. And since your dodge direction is some unholy amalgamation of where you are vs your enemy and where you are vs your camera, your next dodge in that same direction now dodges you forward instead of right or left.

You can often manage this by ONLY dodging right or ONLY dodging left, so that your camera gets off-center and then stays off-center the rest of the fight. From there your dodges are all consistent. But heavens help you if you have to dodge both directions, as you flip your camera from centered to off-centered Right to centered to off-center left and back again; it gets to be a bit of a crapshoot what direction you'll actually dodge when given any particular button push.

And if you DON'T lock on to an enemy? You end up staring at your own ass while off-camera enemies rape you. Or you spend precious seconds spinning your camera around like it was a god damn tank turret because that's how console games roll.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone have this on PS3? Just recently got it and need to add someone with it on PSN to send an item for a trophy.