Dauntless - Co-op Action RPG - Ex Bioware devs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Iceborne and Skarn seems redundant.

Nah, just get yourself to 50% or less at the start of the fight. Pop weapon charge, get 1k+ shield that never really goes away unless you stop doing damage while still having the perks of rage/iceborne/wild frenzy and faceroll the fights without worry about any damage spikes.

--

I am getting bored of sword / repeater though so time to change it up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, I play hammer and am working on getting the hang of axe, so I really have to have Overpower, Aetheric Attunement, and Conduit in the last three slots.

I'm pretty lazy too so I don't see myself doing anything different for sword, and I still need to look at fitting in Savagery for pike. Not sure about CBs, Weighted Strikes is a bitch to fit in, and not really sure it's worth it anyway.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah started hammer while I do 900 of each patrol to get orbs to finish crafting all the stuff to at least +6. Fights go so much easier. I tried to stay away from it since I usually hammer main in Monster Hunter, but I might have found what I like best.

Speaking of orbs why the shit isn't there heroic versions to farm orbs. Literally mowing down stuff in 2 mins doesn't seem beneficial if the goal is to help new players out. They don't actually learn anything and it's boring as hell when there is zero challenge. Also let me do something with these 50k rams I've already accumulated.

They patched today too.

NEW TO DAUNTLESS

• Third dye region. Slayers now have access to a third dye region on nearly all armours, and can use up to three dyes to customize each piece. Overall dye-able surface area has increased as well. Plus: You can now dye all of your equipped armour at once! Show us your new look with #FashionSlayer.
  • Bug reporting. Slayers can now report bugs through the in-game Help submenu. Go to the Main Menu, select Help, and choose Report a Bug to gain access to the form. The more detail you can provide, the more it will help us.
  • Huntboard details. Behemoth strengths and weaknesses are now viewable from the hunt board. This should help Slayers better plan and prepare for hunts.
QUALITY OF LIFE

• Improved performance for Charrogg, Hellion, Valomyr, and Rezakiri. Before you ask: This is not the “final” performance improvement for these Behemoths. We will continue to work to improve this going forward.
  • Made multiple optimizations to VFX and Behemoths to make them less resource-intensive. This should lead to improved performance on hunts.
  • Added a shimmer to “invisible” Kharabaks. They should now be a little easier to see when enraged.
  • Introduced fixes for the most common crashes that players were running into on all platforms.
  • Cancel Matchmaking and Skip Matchmaking should now work as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where changing your lantern on the airship could cause its UI to disappear during the following hunt.
  • The Middleman will now show the correct price for (a) unlocking new cell slots and (b) speeding up cooks.
  • Fixed a bug where Slayers could get stuck in the Hunt Pass screen.
  • Fixed a bug where some Slayers could see and craft the previous (pre-0.8.0) versions of Moonreaver Shrike weapons.
  • Using Aetherslam will no longer execute the hammer’s standing blast or incorrectly place a single-ammo Landbreaker.
  • Molten Edict (hammer) will now correctly and consistently spawn its fireball again.
  • Slayers who have their system language set to Polish should no longer experience Dauntless in Portuguese. It will now be in English.
  • Fixed a bug where players couldn’t equip the Death’s Head or Sky Anchor sigils.
  • Fixed a bug where some TVs would clip the top corners of the HUD depending on overscan settings. (You should now be able to see your compass.)
  • Fixed a bug where opening the Move List on the airship could cause it get stuck, remaining on the screen for the duration of the hunt.
  • Held actions (e.g. gathering, healing at aether vents) should now correctly complete when their meters are filled. This aether vent no longer tastes of … fear.
  • Fixed a bug where using a keyboard to navigate the store could result in the wrong item being selected.
  • The Sylvan Barrel Mastery card will now display the correct icon and background.
  • Interrupt indicators will now correctly display any time a Behemoth is in an interruptible state on all platforms.
  • Fixed a bug where VFX could end prematurely and abruptly.
  • Fixed a bug where Slayers could go invisible when browsing certain menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt survey could get cut off if the player was mid-answer.
  • Raised Razorwing Kharabak’s health to its intended level. I feel my power returning …
  • Fixed a bug where the Armour Crafting screen would show an incorrect resistance rating for armour level +11 and up.
  • Added the ability for Slayers to customize their appearance from the Personality menu. But you can still make Gregario happy by visiting his mirror.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the camera to reset into the sky when exiting the Hunt Pass screen.
  • Fixed a bug that caused beards to show through certain helmets in the Loadout, Personality, and Store screens.

KNOWN ISSUES

• War Pike users may get stuck in the Piercing Fury combo finisher. We are digging into what the cause of this might be.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm...look who I saw playing dauntless:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm bored already now that I've hit the endgame loop. Within a week hit Slayer 32, Behemoth 23 and got a bunch of different gear to +10/+11 since that's as high as I could go without leveling more gear/doing tedious behemoth chores.

Definitely fun though while it lasted, hope they add more content regularly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did Rezakiri almost 30 times last night and I still need 2 more exoskeleton plates to finally finish the helmet to +10. Funny how I have gotten only 2 of the "common" limb break items (despite using Repeaters for all but the first few kills) but dozens of the "epic" rarity parts. And by funny I mean not funny in the slightest. The absolute fucking worst part of it is breaking the limbs and half the time getting a bunch of heartseekers when I'm long since done with the hunt pass...

On the bright side, middleman finally gave me both Molten and Wild Frenzy on random upgrades last night, so at least my cells are more or less done. Probably about time for an extended break here too I guess.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just started this tonight with my kids. First impressions I really prefer the combat/character control in this game vs MHW. Free is a good price too. Kids love it, we are happy dudes here at Chateau Oblio.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i prefer this to monster hunter as well. /shrug

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The only problem I had with this game was that I felt I had to do dailies to keep up with the battle pass and it became a chore. Felt similar to logging into WoW dailies. I did it for quite awhile but finally stopped last Fall.

Was always a fun game though.

• 1Solidarity