DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
On another note. The shotgun with 12 gauge buckshot is fucking looooouuudd. Love it.

Burk_sl

shitlord
Ok need to know. Should I buy this shit! I've been on the fence but the reviews on steam have me crackin up and it sounds like a trip.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As you can tell from this forum alone it's well worth it right now as long as you're ok with bugs and lack of content, but it is pretty awesome even in it's current state.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Ok need to know. Should I buy this shit! I've been on the fence but the reviews on steam have me crackin up and it sounds like a trip.
I'm a penny pincher when it comes to games but I'm glad I picked this up and feel I got my moneys worth of enjoyment 5 times over, Alpha or not. Only play with a bunch of friends so I cant comment on the solo experience.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm talked into it (not that y'all care) and now I just need to find the time to play it. Looks fascinatingly frustrating. Any tips? Watched some Frankie, looks to be good times.

Burk_sl

shitlord
As you can tell from this forum alone it's well worth it right now as long as you're ok with bugs and lack of content, but it is pretty awesome even in it's current state.
Ok, that's what i needed to hear. Going to get it tomorrow night then. Ill come back and post about it in here. Thanks guys

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This is up there with Minecraft (when a server was fresh) for having an active in-game community on this forum.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Played for an hour, just starting to get past the danger point, have a mountain backpack, flannel shirt, cargo pants, some food, some tools, a weapon, looking to secure some water....disconnected all gear lost. I hope that is not something we will see a lot.

Also, am I the only one who can't connect to a server about 9/10 tries?

edit- yeah, my experience so far: try to connect for 10 minutes and finally hit a server. connect and immediately start encountering fresh spawns trying to beat you with a packet of powdered milk, start gathering some gear, sever disconnect.

Better give it a few days.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grabbed a new mouse this week gonna get into this this weekend you guys plus all the other stories on the web make it sound way too fun to pass up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You newbs need to add your SteamID and get an invite to the RR DayZ group, we play often and it's hilarious.

Muurloen

Played for an hour, just starting to get past the danger point, have a mountain backpack, flannel shirt, cargo pants, some food, some tools, a weapon, looking to secure some water....disconnected all gear lost. I hope that is not something we will see a lot.

Also, am I the only one who can't connect to a server about 9/10 tries?

edit- yeah, my experience so far: try to connect for 10 minutes and finally hit a server. connect and immediately start encountering fresh spawns trying to beat you with a packet of powdered milk, start gathering some gear, sever disconnect.

Better give it a few days.
There are two public hives now, hardcore and regular. Your char is probably within one of those hives and when you connected to a different server it was drawing from a hive that didnt have a char for you, thus it appeared that you got wiped.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
did you expect a bunch of people that have created a 40+ deep steam group, rolled 15 deep through the post apocalyptic wasteland, log in and play together for hours daily, and uploaded dozens of streams and gameplay videos to suggest that you not play?

when you're hungry, do you wait for someone to suggest that maybe you should eat?

when you've got to drop a deuce, do you stand around shuffling uncomfortably until someone tells you that it's time to go?

I'm just fuckin with you... but seriously... if you want in, get in. We've all been saying that the game is tons of fun. The evidence is on every page of this thread, and evidently you've found it elsewhere as well.

If you're going to be turned off by bugs and lack of polish, be warned. The game tells you not to buy.

You newbs need to add your SteamID and get an invite to the RR DayZ group, we play often and it's hilarious.
^ THIS ^

Muurloen

I think all loot has been removed from the military tents. I found nothing in them at Balota or NW Airfield. The pillboxes still have the same gear they usually do. I will try again tomorrow morning before I go to work to confirm.

Be careful with shooting with ruined magazines, they will degrade your weapon's health (example pristine to worn) quickly. I have picked up a weapon cleaning kit, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for now. It is a general cleaning kit that cleans all guns and is not consumed when you use it. The kit itself takes up a 1x2 slot.

I've also found a bug. The small case protectors can be stacked inside of each other. I have been able to place a full case inside of another one and only have it take up 1 slot.

There is a lot that they put in the patch notes. I've ran across 4 different kinds of berets (UN, New Zealand, UK and the Russian one shown in the picture below). They were all found in different jails across the map.

rrr_img_57664.jpg

Perhaps we can use these as a means to ID ourselves when we do another big group op again.

Good stuff.

Kaljin

N00b
Has anyone tried the berries yet? Do they poison or just there to look at? I haven't gone in game post-patch yet but a friend was mentioning it.

Steam ID: Seovik

I have a TS3 server if needed.