DBZ: Battle of the Gods

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
?? It's been out for over 2 years. You haven't seen it?
tongue.png
Or is this a troll?

Column_sl

shitlord
The movie has been out for about a year on the torrents.

it's great if you like old school DBZ movies with some humour. I'd suggest a midnight showing after partaking of the green.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
i have never watched any DBZ besides one or 2 tv episodes years ago where i had no idea wtf was going on. Is this worth Downloading if i dont know any of the back story?

Column_sl

shitlord
No, start from the tv special called the Bardock saga, and then watch all the original movies. There isn't many of them, and if you start to like them you can always wiki the tv series or just watch the remastered abridged version.

I never liked the tv series, it's really fucking boring. The movies are all action, and laughs

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Battle of the Gods was not a good movie, IMHO. If you're into DBZ, I would recommend the Broly movies as well as the 12th and 13th movie. Those are the most interesting.

Column_sl

shitlord
Battle of gods is fine, its just a heavy fan service movie.

It is not the best of the movies tho. My favorite is still..

Movie 7: Super Android 13! When those 3 androids attack capsule city

And

Movie 9: Bojack Unbound - when they have that godlike tournament

The first Broly movie wasn't my favorite, but the other 2 are awesome.
Movie 12 is really good as well, but 13th was just allright.

Both the TV specials are a must see. Bardock ,and the Trunks special

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It pains me to admit it, but Column's taste in DBZ is pretty much spot on. Bardock Unbound was great, and The History of Trunks was definitely my favorite of all the movies. Of all the first generation of Super Saiyans, Trunks was the only one who went Super Saiyan without a directly present threat on his life. Goku had Frieza, Vegeta had the giant meteor, Gohan had Goku's kamehameha wave, but Trunks simply lost it when he came across Gohan's body lying face down in a pool of water. The movie does a lot better job of explaining Trunks' fear of the androids and why he loses his shit against Cell much better than his brief flashbacks in the series did. Free the Future is also one of my favorite episodes of the series, seeing him effortlessly butcher 17, 18, and Cell.