DC Universe Online

Troll_sl

shitlord
Playing this again, though rather casually. Light troller. Look me up as Kid Kosmic if you're in-game. Also looking to get in on some low-tier raids, because as has been said, the player base is retarded in their demands for CR.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Downloading now. Forums surprisingly say that tanks are not in high demand. Controllers are? I'll give controller a shot -- how should I roll this char up? I know absolutely nothing about this game.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Trollers and healers are in demand. No one knows how to switch roles (it's the goddamned T button), so everyone is DPS. Be different and hit the T button. Then hit buttons. Then win.

As a troller, your role is to mainly provide power to the group. Stack Vitalization as much as you can. Get the skill that gives power to the members of your group with the lowest power (I think all troller power trees have one). If your power gets low, build a combo. Win.

As a healer, don't start fights. Let the facerollers do that. Build combos, use your heals when needed. Win.

Learn to block stuff and to break blocks.

The game isn't really all that hard, but a lot of people play like it is. I really wish I could slap them.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, basically if you play support and are willing to form groups you own the fucking game. Seriously. If you're not willing to form groups, you'll just have to put up with shitty dps sometimes.

High end trollers seem slightly more scarce than high end healers. Last time I played it was the other way around.

CR reqs for raids are pretty retarded, but on the flip side of that so is the playerbase. If you're 3-4 CR short of their req... just fucking lie to them. They'll never even know if you're playing support. If you're playing DPS... well, hit T or something.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, and home turf is really just more of the same. Mudflating everything all to shit.

I halfway think they're just afraid to release t5, because t4 has already half-broken the game. t5 will 3/4 break it.

Pvp is getting overhauled, so that's... well, ok. Better than nothing I guess.

Just gotta enjoy the game for what it is. Mostly unsupported.

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly 2 of anything works. I'd avoid tank/tank but even that would work. If it were me I'd go healer/whatever just for the extra cushion when things are a tad too hard.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Cant decide between servers now -- is it like EQ2 where the pvp server is dead and people only pvp in organized battlegrounds?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cant decide between servers now -- is it like EQ2 where the pvp server is dead and people only pvp in organized battlegrounds?
There's only two servers, everyone is on one server, PVE or PVP, and PC or PS3. SOE found a way to put like 100k people on the same server with DCUO. The only problem is that it is almost impossible to get your original superhero name now.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
There's only two servers, everyone is on one server, PVE or PVP, and PC or PS3. SOE found a way to put like 100k people on the same server with DCUO. The only problem is that it is almost impossible to get your original superhero name now.
What's the difference between the two?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Shrug, my inclination towards server choices is usually PVE assuming the PVE server offers popular forms of structured PVP. Googling for PVP information in this game is harder than I thought it would be.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
In this particular game it's just a difference of mandatory vs non-mandatory. PVE you can go turn yourself PVP-enabled at the homebase, at which point you can go fight any of the enemy that also happens to be pvp-enabled.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
What's the difference between the two?
Are you sure you belong here? :|
--
Anyways! The Steam sale piqued my interest, I liked DCUO quite a bit but honestly at the time it was entirely unplayable for me with all the bugs and glitches I suffered through. From what I've read they've added quite a bit(auction house and such).

Is it worth putting time into for someone that prefers PVE now?

Caliane

Was no secret I though the game was a giant mess, and disappointment.
However, even not on sale I thought the DLC was a good price-content ratio. worth buying in for a play.

If you are curious and its on sale. Probably wont regret biting, on a few of them.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you sure you belong here? :|
--
Anyways! The Steam sale piqued my interest, I liked DCUO quite a bit but honestly at the time it was entirely unplayable for me with all the bugs and glitches I suffered through. From what I've read they've added quite a bit(auction house and such).

Is it worth putting time into for someone that prefers PVE now?
Those problems are fixed. My only gripe has been the fact that it's taken them a year to give us a new tier of armor. That, and replay tokens (to unlock raids) made 2012 a dull year for DCUO. There were guys in my guild who abused replay tokens and got a full set of t4 by raiding all day, in two weeks. So the rest of us used the tokens, and ran out of content early.

The game is fine to play in maybe a twelve month spurt, but after that, you'll be dying for new content like the rest of us. Enjoy the ride. It's fun, but when the ride is over, it's over.

SOE allowing unlimited unlocks of raids was not a wise choice.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
One would say having glacial content generation is the problem, the tokens are just a symptom

TCB_sl

shitlord
SOE allowing unlimited unlocks of raids was not a wise choice.
It wasn't for us, as players. But Sony seems to have found their cash cow with those replay badges. How much money SOE has actually made is anyone's guess, but they've no doubt been popular with many players. I wouldn't be surprised if other MMOs start implementing their own version of paid content unlocks eventually.
mad.png

On another note, some info about the next DLC is trickling out, and it's gotten me curious. I'm only a casual comic book fan, so I'm not familiar with this weird version of Batman. Supposedly he's one of 5 Bruce Waynes from different timelines, but they haven't said yet if he's unique to DCUO or based on someone from the DC multiverse.

rrr_img_20102.jpg