Deadpool 2 (2018)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Realize I'm a bit late but obviously there are limits to Domino's luck otherwise she never would have ended up in the Essex House. Or be an unemployed bum so desperate for a job that she'd agree to work for Deadpool.

Until you factor in that it allowed her to eventually meet and join up with Deadpool. That's the problem with her powers on a meta level: She's essentially a walking meatsack of fate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The more I think about this movie, the less I like.

The jokes were more cliche and pale. A few could have been used as irony or something, but since there were so many, it clearly wasn't ironic.

The boy and juggernaut were both terribad.

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Until you factor in that it allowed her to eventually meet and join up with Deadpool. That's the problem with her powers on a meta level: She's essentially a walking meatsack of fate.

If she never got abused and tortured at Essex House, she wouldn't need revenge on the staff of Essex House.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If she never got abused and tortured at Essex House, she wouldn't need revenge on the staff of Essex House.

Wibblywobblytimeywimey mutant powers. Literally anything that happens to her on a plot level can be hand-waved away as being a positive for her in some way, like: Her powers led her to be in that situation which enabled a million other situations while also teaching her to fear certain elements that influenced her later choices which led her to meet Deadpool who she eventually joined up with to defeat Death (until DP decided he wanted to fuck Death) and thus saved herself through actions taken years previously.

The concept of luck is indistinguishable from fate. And really, looking at it close enough leads you to doubt whether her powers are actually about luck and aren't just a progression of a pre-determined path provided to her by something or someone else for some unknown purpose.

Or one could just not examine it this close and just enjoy the bloody movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wibblywobblytimeywimey mutant powers. Literally anything that happens to her on a plot level can be hand-waved away as being a positive for her in some way, like: Her powers led her to be in that situation which enabled a million other situations while also teaching her to fear certain elements that influenced her later choices which led her to meet Deadpool who she eventually joined up with to defeat Death (until DP decided he wanted to fuck Death) and thus saved herself through actions taken years previously.

The concept of luck is indistinguishable from fate. And really, looking at it close enough leads you to doubt whether her powers are actually about luck and aren't just a progression of a pre-determined path provided to her by something or someone else for some unknown purpose.

Or one could just not examine it this close and just enjoy the bloody movie.

Sounds like shitty writing from someone who can't draw feet.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sounds like shitty writing from someone who can't draw feet.

I see what you did there, but I'm pretty sure that this level of luck was movie-specific. Domino pretty much always just served as a gun-toting chick that used her luck to be agile-in-effect in the comics, unless something changed with her within the past decade of that dumpster fire of an industry.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most mutant powers don't kick in until puberty. Probably once her tits filled out is a rough estimate for her.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rewatched this ... still fucking hilarious. I don't think I've seen it since theaters. God damn I laughed hard. Really glad they make just insane movies like this.