Death of a Game - Everquest franchise

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
One of the best EQ games (besides original) was the PS2 one EQOA.

That was exceptionally underrated, and highly, highly fun. Just a really incredible game that got very little attention.

Fuck i miss this game. I was part of Blood that made players like Jepepe and Jayson that went on to FoH WoW. I miss that level. Was Lotarus of Blood. Idk what happend to Jepepe and Jayson miss that old crew

Needless

Toe Sucker
my heart skipped a beat, i thought EQOA was back.
fuck im dyslexic

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.19.24 AM.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
I was the first Druid on Povar to get the Druid Epic and globally I was probably top 3.
I was able to finish before full quest walkthrough was publicized.

The scale from Feydedar was the bitch but I got lucky getting it from a GM Event before anyone knew what it was for... even I didn't know for sure but had a suspicion it was for Druid Epic based on quest text. 100+ people on top of the corpse and I was lucky enough to get looting rights and ninja that shit before some monk grabbed it.

Then about 3 days later we moved to Xev and I became a Monk main :D
You were on Xev? What char name and what guild? I played there through PoP.

Stave

Potato del Grande
When were you in AV? I don't remember a Stave SK.
During PoP for a while. I think it was after the LDoN expansion. I was with them for about 6 months or so. Good friends with Xenomist, not sure if you remember him, he sponsored me.

Sterling

El Presidente
During PoP for a while. I think it was after the LDoN expansion. I was with them for about 6 months or so. Good friends with Xenomist, not sure if you remember him, he sponsored me.
I remember him. Sorry I don't remember the name, it's been awhile. I was Manslayer back then.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
wasn't there some roman / gods mmo where you controlled a group of people?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I remember him. Sorry I don't remember the name, it's been awhile. I was Manslayer back then.

I remember seeing you around :D

Weren't you a DE SK?

I loved the Xev server, it always felt like some quaint little server off to the side that had some good raiding guilds, decent competition, but mostly everyone got along, and we all had similar principles : Not waking sleeper, for example. Then you read about other servers with a heavy top-end, fighting for every scrap. Every guild on Xev seemed spaced out 2-3 months and had their "place". Very little fighting for content in most cases.

Sterling

El Presidente

Weren't you a DE SK?

I loved the Xev server, it always felt like some quaint little server off to the side that had some good raiding guilds, decent competition, but mostly everyone got along, and we all had similar principles : Not waking sleeper, for example. Then you read about other servers with a heavy top-end, fighting for every scrap. Every guild on Xev seemed spaced out 2-3 months and had their "place". Very little fighting for content in most cases.
Yeah pretty sure we've had this conversation a couple of times in various iterations of this board. Still do the TLP thing with Drillisen and we'll be on Selo doing the Amtrak good times.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Oh snap, you were a DE SK too right? I remember seeing you around, you always had crazy gear. I think you had the full yellow armor from Plane of Growth during Velious?

Sterling

El Presidente
No I didn't use any PoG armor during Velious. I was in AV during the time you said you were there and it just seems odd that I wouldn't remember. Must be dementia.

Stave

Potato del Grande

Weren't you a DE SK?

Yeah Harm and AV played nice for the most part. I remember even having rotations for things like Vex Thall. I do remember them getting a bit heated in Reef of Cornaiv shortly before I quit, during the race to PoTime. If I remember right, AV beat them at clearing Rathe Council and Harm was pissed af. I remember the night too that Venril Sathir popped and they were both short on members, so they teamed up amd brought a few of us from YKZ to get enough people. They told YKZ we'd get no loot. Well sure shit the SK feign death greaves dropped and I was the only SK there. That shit got pretty heated but in the end they gave them to me. I got spammed for days from Harm members how I was a piece of shit and should give the greaves to one of their SKs lol.

Last edited:

Stave

Potato del Grande
No I didn't use any PoG armor during Velious. I was in AV during the time you said you were there and it just seems odd that I wouldn't remember. Must be dementia.
I was in YKZ during Velious. I joined AV during the push through the last planes before PoTime, but I didnt get to go to all the raids as they were full a lot of times. I raided Reef of Cornaiv, Temple of Sol Ro, and The Burning Lands with them though multiple times. Quit EQ before PoTime though.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Harm and AV played nice for the most part. I remember even having rotations for things like Vex Thall. I do remember them getting a bit heated in Reef of Cornaiv shortly before I quit, during the race to PoTime. If I remember right, AV beat them at clearing Rathe Council and Harm was pissed af. I remember the night too that Venril Sathir popped and they were both short on members, so they teamed up amd brought a few of us from YKZ to get enough people. They told YKZ we'd get no loot. Well sure shit the SK feign death greaves dropped and I was the only SK there. That shit got pretty heated but in the end they gave them to me. I got spammed for days from Harm members how I was a piece of shit and should give the greaves to one of their SKs lol.
I do remember some Coirnav drama but that expansion started the bullshit tbh. Keying up was bad enough but Coirnav was a blowable event and at the time Harm wasn't 100% keyed so we were kinda being assholes just cause we didnt want to wait the ~3.5? days if AV fails it (they hadn't killed it yet). But yea, that was really the only time I remember being in a tight race, and where AV was there first but we were just assholes about it. All on me too since I was the raid leader/puller/co-guild leader/etc. But in most cases Harm was EST and AV was PST so we always had teams on way ahead of time, and mostly around the clock tbh. Fun shit though. Having no life so was able to be in game like 12-14 hrs a day was some good times.