Defiance (Syfy April 2013) TV Series and MMO

Cybsled

The actress who played the Ambassador was one of the final five cylons on BSG, wasn't she?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just watched the latest episode today and finally they showed a hint of the Firefly like elements that made Firefly so good. I still wouldn't put this in the same league as Firefly but at least they finally did something right at the end of the episode.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The overall theme of these first set of episodes seems to be "everyone is not quite what they appear to be".

This could lead to an interesting overall storyline down the road... just kinda wish there was an interesting overall storyline now.

Cybsled

That's a challenge for many Sci-fi shows. SG:U was pretty shitty to start, but it actually started to get pretty good towards the end of it's run. Heck, even TNG was a stinking pile of shit it's 1st season (in retrospect).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am the only one here who likes this show? For once, it's sci fi where they left the word "Star" out of the title. And they aren't lost in space, or exploring in space. It feels different than what we typically see.
Depends when you asked - episode 1 I was still moderately excited - episode 3 I was getting close to dropping it - after the last couple I'm anxious to see it each week.

To me it seems like it just needed an appropriately buildup of stories to get everything rolling - like the Castithen couple playing a large role seemed largely pointless early on with just wasted space in the show, now I'm beginning to enjoy their parts more than the main characters (although I'm a huge sucker for Jaimie in any of her roles)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm on episode 3. I love the white momma. Can't figure out where I've seen her before. i laughed when the mob boss was going off on how the human girl was disgusting because she insisted on bathing alone, and how his son had better bring her into line.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think I'm on episode 3. I love the white momma. Can't figure out where I've seen her before. i laughed when the mob boss was going off on how the human girl was disgusting because she insisted on bathing alone, and how his son had better bring her into line.
Shes HG wells from Warehouse 13 and I believe she was naked on Spartacus. Jaime Murray.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She was on Dexter too - Season 2 or 3? Topless in a bit - 'Pardon my tits'

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I just watched the latest episode today and finally they showed a hint of the Firefly like elements that made Firefly so good. I still wouldn't put this in the same league as Firefly but at least they finally did something right at the end of the episode.
Yeah, I agree with you about this last episode. I felt like it was probably the most solid of the bunch. Like you said, its still far from being in the league of Firefly or BSG, but maybe it will find its stride soon. Hell, after watching how Spartacus turned around so drastically in season 1, we know its possible for a show to go from ass to awesome in a handful of episodes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been liking each episode better than the previous one so I take that at least as they are heading the right direction and here is hoping they can keep that improvement up.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
Ha! I was like "awww, they killed the unkillable russian from Lost" when they lowered him into the juice. then he popped up and "yes!" He returns! When he was shot by the shopkeeper and I know the truth. These writers loved him in Lost as much as me.

Cybsled

Lol, tonight's episode should have been titled "We kill lots of minor characters".

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
On the episode this week things FINALLY start happening and we get some vintage Rockne S. O'bannon style frell hitting the fan. I was actually enjoying the episode but it also made me wonder why the hell we had the past 8 weeks of crap.

Cybsled

Episodes have been gradually getting better. When that virus episode happened and Datak straight up executed Amanda's ex-fiance and all those recurring role Irathians, I realized that they might actually want to start taking some chances. I have a feeling Amanda's sister is going to get murdered after she (dumbly) tells Datak's wife that she is going to ruin her.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah you don't screw with that woman. The most redeeming quality of the show, which echoes Farscape, is that each of the characters is actually a pretty terrible person.

I swear to god if they kill off Doc Yewll I will have to smack a bitch, but really some more humans need to die. Way too many humans as is.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the recent upsurge in optimism I decided to watch the last two episodes. There appears to be some hope for this show. I actually enjoyed the last two episodes more than the rest of the entire season put togther. This show may indeed go the route of falling skies where it took 1.5 seasons to finally get some good writing in. I am actually looking forward to the finale. Here is to hoping it is at least as good