Defiance

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I downloaded this on my PS3. For the love of all things holy please tell me that the voice acting is placeholder. I feel like I am being given missions as if I am 5 years old.

Unfortunately I was bored within an hour and turned it off. Does it get any better? Ugh.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Not really dude.. I logged on and had 4,000 bits and spent them all on lockboxes for epic quality shit. The elemental guns sound like they're shooting fucking bubbles at the enemy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a good time, played it on the PC all day yeasterday. Did a couple of co-ops, tons of world events..../shrug this could hold my attention for a few months of fun. The UI is definitely shitty but still servicable. Once you get past the initial tutorial bullshit, the game opens up, tons of guns to upgrade..etc...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I downloaded this on my PS3. For the love of all things holy please tell me that the voice acting is placeholder. I feel like I am being given missions as if I am 5 years old.

Unfortunately I was bored within an hour and turned it off. Does it get any better? Ugh.
This sums up my experience. Gave it a shot on my PS3 and was done in about 30 minutes. Meh. Maybe it's better on PC?

ili_sl

shitlord
Playing on the PC here. Had fun. Starter vehicle sucks, next one is a lot better. AI is fine for a mmo fps, they hide, crouch, and go for cover. people die all the time on the 4 man instances. its just like WoW you can queue up for pvp and pve instances from anywhere. level or ego power rating doesn't mean much. pvp is pretty balanced since there seems to be no level or gear advantage. the UI is annoying. the weapon exp thing is stupid, they max out to easy. i would pick it up if it wasn't for the $60 price tag + cash shop + DLC. if thier going to have cash shop game should be f2p, or if i have to buy a box it should come with shop money equal to the price of the box.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
its really hard to believe this game launches in like a week
Why? Granted I only played the one beta weekend, so I dont really know wtf is up behind the scenes, but for the most part the zone I played in I found it to be more complete than other mmos I have tried in beta. The only real issue I had was the god awful interface, and some minor balance issues in the PvP (grenade launchers). What I liked was the pve stuff. The multi staged quests, the events they had, the mini events you ran into like saving some dudes from the bandits...etc. also the co -op was done really well the 2 missions they had in beta. the game actually made you wander around and explore for a change rather than doing the stupid quest hub shit.

Im actually looking forward to this game, even for a few months of fun its worth the box price just to go through the content. (got a key at G2Play for $37) The thing I like about it for the most part its that its different. Its not elves and swords and tab targetting crap that has been done to death and which Im personally sick of.

I dont know, maybe my tolerance for these things has been all fucked up with the latest state of these mmos coming out, but for the most part Im excited to play this.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking of picking it up since Firefall went to shit.

What's this UI business you guys keep talking about? What's the problem?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thinking of picking it up since Firefall went to shit.

What's this UI business you guys keep talking about? What's the problem?
Its just all over the place. It takes a while to figure it out. But once when you do its serviceable, at least speaking from the PC side of things. The controls and shit are like any other shooter. WASD, right click to aim, left click to fire, G for grenades, E to interact, R to reload, etc.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Its not as bad as Skyrim on the PC was, though.
Yeah in this case, I would just play with a controller. Like I did with Skyrim. It was easy to navigate that way. Same with this game.

ili_sl

shitlord
the normal Digital Download version is only $37.01 onhttp://www.g2play.netnot bad. i still think it should be free to play because of the cash shop. you can buy lock boxes that give you a chance of weapons with stats from the cash shop.