Deity selection

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's character creation time, fellas. Let's say you had to live in a world under the rule of some god/gods/goddesses from our world's mythos. Which culture had the most intriguing mythology and lore that you would want to be a part of? These would be fully realized and idealized versions of their source material, so there wouldn't be any doubt to their existence (sorry, no agnostic/atheist option). For example, if you chose Greek Pantheon, you would witness the gods battling each other, and Zeus might sleep with your mom.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_4844.jpg
Where is Xipe Totec the skinflayer?
That would be Aztec. In the poll
smile.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Where my Tengrism at? If it's good enough for the Mongols it's good enough for me.

Native,

With peyote and mushrooms every man makes his own gods.

'When white man find this land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.'

'Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.'

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Other:
Lovecraftian / The Great Old Ones

I figure that in such a universe, everyone will finally have something to cry about. As such, since everyone is equally disadvantaged, it might reduce the overall amount of griping. Tentacles bursting from my eyes and blood pouring from mouth aside... it would probably be the most equal society humanity never creates; bringing people together in some vain effort to go on living. It would be a very subdued and quiet existence, well, except for all the screaming; For where there is no hope there is no struggle.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Norse is going to win every poll like this because when you have a pantheon of badasses with chainmail and swords and shit vs. dudes in Togas or Furries, the choice is simple.

Malius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Great Prophet Zoraster of the Persians gets my vote... for without the greatness of Ahura Mazda, we would be lost in a pantheon of competing deities.

rrr_img_4870.jpg