Deity selection

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Egyptian all the way. That culture has always interested me greatly anyway. Plus, their gods look cool as hell.

iannis

Musty Nester
Abrahamic. The older-than-old-testament War in Heaven / Angels with Swords of Flame / Prophecy 3 "you're all monkies" variety. If you're talking about a creative base for game it offers significant advantages to the other defined mythos -- mostly in that it's barely defined at beyond ambiance and a few important names. Gabriel, Michael, Lucifer -- how much of the heavenly host can you actually name? How many ever have been? The forgotten and fanciful shamanistic/tribal warlord roots. Which is pre-abrahamic but not exactly entirely pagan.

South American I guess is 2nd choice if you're just looking for something easy and thematic which isn't utterly predictable.

As much as I like Greek, Norse, Celtic, and Egyptian... snore.

I am going with Elric's patron Arioch Lord of the Seven Darks, Knight of the Swords, Lord of the Higher Hell.

Have to get the First edition of Deities and Demi-Gods to find his stats. They removed the Moorcock universe from later editions.

Arioch-Dee.jpg

Honorable mention goes to the Monkey King

the_monkey_king-1.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i'd go with chinese deity if I could since I can become a god if I do 10,000 years of mediation and shit but Abrahamic God sounds much easier so.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Think I'll have to go with Abrahamic; considering the other choices:

Greek: too much risk that you, or someone you love, will be raped by a god in the shape of a giant duck, or something similar.

Egyptian:Waytoo much studying to get into that afterlife; the litany of shit you need to recite to get a good seat in the underworld is slightly excessive.

Hindu: can't eat steak, so that's out.

Mesoamerican: too great a risk of having your heart ripped out of your chest.

Norse: too unnecessarily violent. Might be interesting to watch, not so much to participate in.

So yeah, I'll stick with the good ol' Abrahamic faiths.

Talen24

Trakanon Raider
Pantheism, the gods and the universe are the same thing, or at least the gods have no time for us they are busy creating new things.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Celtic. Was on the fence between Celtic and Norse, loving both their mythologies, Norse are more badass but you're basically fucked for an afterlife unless you die in battle, so I went with the other guys. Odin is still a badass though. Jesus died on a cross after 3 days for our sins, Odin hung upside down off Yggdrasil for 9 days to give us the runes and managed to survive the process.

wotan-and-yggdrasil-james-carl-mcknight.jpg

odin.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I chose the Greeks but it was a toss up between them and the Norse.