Denmark

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I recently acquired quite a few travel rewards points through Chase and Hilton and am looking to plan a nice vacation. I don't particularly care for beach destination vacations because I grew up on an island surrounded by beaches and while I enjoy them, it's not a destination to me. I'd rather involve myself in a local culture than sit on a beach and get drunk all day.

Places I've thought about visiting for quite some time include Prague, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Turkey, Greece and Taiwan on the short list. However, recently I've had Denmark come up in conversation a few times and I think it's where I want to go based on just some brief tidbits of information I've gathered. From what I understand Danes, for the most part, are private but very respectful, friendly and happy people. Meaning if I feel like looking like a tourist and taking pictures nobody is going to bother me but if I introduce myself to locals and strike up a conversation most people will be helpful. So I can both do my own thing without worry or pop into a local place and make new friends. I also understand a large portion of the population speaks English which makes this much easier. I haven't really researched this very much but was coming here because I know we have a few Danes on the forum and was hoping to get some advice.

I'd like to both explore older cities like Copenhagen and travel to the smaller port towns. So how's the food in Denmark? How's the beer? Are there any good museums/landmarks/parks I should visit? I don't think I really care about things like the Danish Riviera. Places like the so called Land of Light seem more appealing to me. What's the best time of year to visit? I'll be travelling alone most likely so any help is appreciated.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The style of cuisine offered at Noma is of no interest to me anyway (hoity toity ridiculous offerings). But thanks for the suggestion

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I wanted to live vicariously through you. I guess i need to start blowing dudes now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Meh. I'd fly on a malaysian airlines if it meant i can go to Noma.