faille

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Designated Survivor

Genre: Drama, War & Politics

First aired: 2016-09-21

Creator: David Guggenheim

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Maggie Q, Kal Penn, Adan Canto, Italia Ricci

Overview: Tom Kirkman, a low-level cabinet member is suddenly appointed President of the United States after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Kiefer Sutherland's new show.
Interesting premise, though is sounds like it should be a comedy or sitcom rather than a drama.
Feels like it will follow the 24 path, hunting down the terrorists etc, without the time gimmick.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
just watched this and I concur. Good execution. If I were a guessing man, I'd bet a military coup.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, the writing was terrible. But in a terrible 24'ish kind of way, so it fits. Hopefully it'll be fun to follow.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I caught this last night, not too bad, not sure how it goes beyond one season though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see the premise working long term. The show is about this guy suddenly trust into the position of president, and how he adjust to this unexpected turn of event, and how others react to this guy becoming the président out of nowhere.

The thing is depending on how they make time advance in the series, presidency is 4 years max...so at some point there will be an election in the show...whatever happens then, there will be an elected president and no longer a designated survivor.

Now the show is about other things, like the attack and everything behind it...and the show could continue fir a long time just being a show about the life of a preseident and stuff, but the basic premise will no longer exist.

Jusr not sure how it will work out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how it will work long-term either, but if TV has taught me one thing, it is that a concept can be milked dry for season after season no matter how impossible it seems at the beginning. This would be great as a movie, but I'm confident anything with Kiefer Sutherland will be good for at least a full season.

Other than that, I don't see how anyone could watch that first episode and not be excited to watch more. That was some pretty intense shit, and I lapped up every second of it and wanted more when it was done.

Also happy to see that his aide, who was Siobhan on Supergirl, is getting more work because there's something about her that I find incredibly attractive while still coming off as sophisticated. Hell, Kiefer's wife and the FBI chick are hot too, just like in every show pretty much.

The son at first reminded me of that douche-fuck kid on Fear the Walking Dead, but I'm hopeful this one won't be a mopey fuck that I want to die every episode. Nope, just the druggie kid angle, but what can you do? Little girl is cute.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Watched and liked it. They made Kal Penn sound like the bad guy in the preview, but I forsee him becoming a strong ally. As far as longevity goes, there are a lot of ways they can go. I think the coup idea is the best, but with no congress he essentially has full control. There has to be a few members that were sick or off site for their party's rebuttal or just not wanting to be there. Should be a cool show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's off to a good start, if anyone remembers BSG, they milked a lot of stories by spreading attention out to the aides and the "threat".

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Designated Survivor
EpisodePosters

The First Day
Season: 1
Episode: 2
Air Date: 2016-09-28

Hours after the attack on the Capitol, President Kirkman steps into his role as Commander-in-Chief in the midst of chaos and confusion. Facing dangerous new challenges and adversaries, Kirman struggles to hold a country together that is on the brink of falling apart.

I really want to like this show, just not a fan of some of this content they're diving into. Given the speed they resolved things in this second episode though we'll see.

Honestly really not sure where I want to see them go, clinging to West Wing nostalgia and don't want a bunch of hot takes on social issues I suppose. Just makes it feel shallow.

p12fc59MiwrIomlW9pMpVUbCtYr.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yet another Muslims didnu nuffin and getting framed when it's the military or someone else framing them story. Yawn.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I rolled my eyes at the Muslim stuff, but I'm still really liking this show because of all the other things. And the music at the end, for example, was pretty powerful.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
which other series had this new horrible troupe?

Quantico and Containment just this year 24 in the past and quite a few movies in the past like The Seige and Non-Stop. That's just off the top of my head. That story line has been done to death and it's telegraphed within the first damn episode which really takes away any drama. I'd like a little more grey and a lot less PSA in my shows and Movies.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The entire premise of this show is just fucking retarded. Since when do you frame a known and wanted terrorist to get permission to bomb him? Wouldn't that shit be on the everyday agenda already?

I agree though with Keifer nailing this role.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database