Desktop Computers

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but his computer is fried now, I doubt he wants to sit and wait for a month or two with no PC

Oh, and if you haven't seen it mentioned previously, MossyBank, go to Microcenter to buy your CPU + Motherboard if there is one even remotely near you. You will save $50-$100 over anywhere that you can buy them online(even over Microcenters website). Microcenter offers unbeatable in-store deals on CPU+Mobo combos.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I want to buy a mechanical keyboard. Any good ones out there on the cheap?
Do you want one with the numpad? I got a CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid with Cherry MX browns. It's the 10 keyless model that saves a LOT of desktop space. These go on sale often. I paid $55? for mine.

Newegg's house brand Rosewill sells Cherry keyed boards for a low price.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Also, nice thing about this board is that it uses an actual PCB that's backed up with a hunk of aluminum, and not this cheap shit found on membrane boards. Tough as hell, too. The first thing my girlfriend did to it was to fall asleep and tip half a glass of wine into it. I blasted it off with canned air; it was good as new after that. I did have to remove some keycaps to unstick some sticky keys, though. That wine would have killed any membrane board.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I've got this one with the Browns. I love it for mix of gaming and typing. Feet are rubberized and its heavy as hell. Roommate has a das keyboard with Reds which I'm not such a fan of.
Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Illuminated KB-POI-BRBLUS-01 Black USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch Edition - Newegg.com

TTEsports also has the cheaper Z line, they use kailh mechnical switches rather then Cherry. Same color codes for switch behavior.
Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z Illuminated KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01 Black USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard Blue Switch Edition - Newegg.com

MossyBank

N00b
lolwut? i5-4690k and i7-4790k are due out on the 25th. It is definitely worth it to wait a week and half.
Yeah, I did a few Google searches earlier, and it said something about devil's canyon coming out in September.. wasn't going to wait that long with no PC, but I can definitely wait till the 25th for sure, so I'm probably gonna do that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually really fucking pissed off at Intel. Devil's Canyon is just what the 4570k and 4770k were SUPPOSED to be, what they were sold as, except they have faulty TIM which renders the overclockability nearly pointless.

However, I'm not pissed off enough to ever actually even contemplate buying an AMD cpu, so I guess it doesn't even matter.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
^ ditto. I'm not ashamed to say I would probably be classified as a SeaSonic fanboy. They are the only PSU's I'll ever buy now.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I think most of us know that but I will still only ever buy SeaSonic personally. I've used Corsair/Antec rebranded PSU's in friend/family's builds but mine will never have it. I tell them the same exact thing so they're educated at least (that some Corsair/Antec are just rebranded SeaSonic).

FYI for those that don't know,JonnyGURU.comis one of the best sites to go to for PSU advice/reviews. They seem to go very in depth there and know what the hell they're doing when it comes to PSU's.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Does anyone on here have a computer they have built or could help build specifically for AutoCad?

I find myself having to use it more and more for work. I was going to buy a new laptop but I highly doubt I would ever need to Cad on the go. Our work computers are straight horseshit so I am thinking about building a new rig just for AutoCAD (and PS) work.

Side note: yes I know my work maybe/could/should pay for it, that's a whole nother story. Just looking for build advice.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I'm a big fan of PC Power&Cooling. I've had a 750W model for 4-5 years now.

Had it on bitcoin mining duty for a while with 3x6970 without problems while a 850W Corsair died after 3 months (same 3x6970 setup).