Desktop Computers

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Depends on the items? Last few years everything I got from Amazon has seemed to be UPS, but the 2 tvs I bought and had to return were all other delivery services, at least one OnTrac if I recall.

UPS pisses me off because they seem to be the most likely to toss packages, including my motherboard a few years back that I was waiting for, heard the truck, and by how fast the guy was back down the stairs I'm pretty sure the 'knock' on the door was actually the fucking box being thrown from the next flight of stairs down.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
whoop whoop got my gtx 690 and 500w corsair triple platitnum power supply in and can play the 10 year old game i play on ultra now. Hope this speeds up cad or i'm going to feel like a dummy.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea dude if you pull 450 watts you spec for like 475 right so 500 should be killer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I started out shopping for just a new cpu/mb a few weeks ago with a 400 dollar budget. Fast forward to last weekend and I've now spent over 1500. Now I ended up with an entirely new build. This is why I try to avoid looking at new tech until I really have to! Now I need a better monitor.

XjXagK5.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I started out shopping for just a new cpu/mb a few weeks ago with a 400 dollar budget. Fast forward to last weekend and I've now spent over 1500. Now I ended up with an entirely new build. This is why I try to avoid looking at new tech until I really have to! Now I need a better monitor.

XjXagK5.jpg
I'm terrible when I'm building with a starting budget in mind

I'll look at one part...and then rationalize that the next step up is only $30 more... then another part and the upgrade is only $50 more... and once I go through my initial budget build I'm all of a sudden spending double what I originally planned.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm terrible when I'm building with a starting budget in mind

I'll look at one part...and then rationalize that the next step up is only $30 more... then another part and the upgrade is only $50 more... and once I go through my initial budget build I'm all of a sudden spending double what I originally planned.
Yeah, my next upgrade, since Desktop gaming has taken a huge back seat since having kids, will be a power supply, last gen video card, and over clocking my i5-2500k. Lol. We'll see if I can stick to that budget.
smile.png

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Any time I return something to Amazon i get a notice that my refund has been processed and credited back to my card within an hour of dropping off the box at my local UPS store. Awesome indeed. There's a reason they are putting big box stores or of business and is not just purely pricing.
So Tarisk I can whine to you about why UPS(and other companies) no long even ring the doorbell or knock, at minimum , to let you know package has arrived. They just dump it on the door and drive off now.
Sounds like a local issue. That's a fairly rare complaint. Regardless, unless a signature is required by the sender, or to a business the driver will most likely just not be knocking loud enough. When I'm home for delivery mine does it very quietly sometimes. Usually it's a cover driver unfamiliar with the route and behind on delivery. It's been a few years since I checked the policy for them but they get something like 60 seconds per stop to keep on time with how many packages they deliver each day.

In regards to throwing packages. Some drivers are just ham fisted and pound once and go. But policy is hand to surface and there is a damned good chance the box went through much more trauma in transit than the driver could ever do. That is why there are pretty solid packaging guidelines and if a sender packages it right it can be dropped, etc with zero damage to the product as the box took it all.

We pay a lot of claims, and even ones that we shouldn't. Pro-tip: Default coverage is up to $100 at no cost and because of that low amount and low chance of it breaking, we typically pay the claim by default without even inspecting it. Unless a shipper is flat out exploiting this fact for a good period of time, they can claim something is broken, say it's a $99 or even $100 replacement cost and they get a check in a few weeks. Over that amount and we have to inspect the package, box etc first just to see it had the right burst strength, packaging, etc. As long as it did and if it STILL managed to find a way to get broken, then it's still going to get paid.

Oh well, enough of the UPS derail. Sorry to anyone who's had problems. and yes, feel free to PM me with them. I really don't mind, my job is to fix shit internally and I like you guys more than the people I get paid to do it for.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally un-jewed and bought a new monitor. Holy balls how did I live without 1440p/ips prior to this. Truly I was living in the dark ages.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the difference is amazing, I've had one for almost 3 years now (korean monitor from ebay). Went from 22" 1680x1050 TN to 27" 2560x1440 IPS. Best part, shit was paid with a pair of boots I sold off in D3 for 250 Eur the night the RMAH went live.

edit : still waiting for a 40"[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */,[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, 4:4:4 with Gsync and/or Freesync (does anyone have both ?).

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rumor is that Pascal has a launch date now, and it's in May. So the 970s are going to be on firesale soon, because they're likely to be worth less than $200 as soon as the 1070 drops.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rumor is that Pascal has a launch date now, and it's in May. So the 970s are going to be on firesale soon, because they're likely to be worth less than $200 as soon as the 1070 drops.
Excellent means I'll finally be able to get a 970 without dropping much money.