Desktop Computers

gauze

Molten Core Raider

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EVGA's have had some issues this time around, not sure if they have fixed it yet but couple people here have had issues with them now.

Damnit, lol. This just makes everything harder. I'm flipping back and forth between the Gigabyte G1 at 384$ a/r, and the EVGA SC at 404.

Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

Killme. Choice and decision are difficult.

Just FYI, the EVGA issues were limited to FTW edition cards only. Keep away from those and you are ok. Even if you had one, EVGA will straight up swap you for a corrected card.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone can recommend good 2 or 3 monitor mounts?

I had one at work that just clamped on out desk and I liked that. But I don't know what's good.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone can recommend good 2 or 3 monitor mounts?

I had one at work that just clamped on out desk and I liked that. But I don't know what's good.

If you want one monitor above the other 2, I highly recommend this one:
Amazon.com: VIVO Triple LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty & Fully Adjustable 3 Screens up to 27" (STAND-V003T): Computers & Accessories

I just set it up at my new office this weekend:
nMKWA7i.jpg

Those are 24" Dell monitors, 16:10 1200p

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Nice setup Joeboo. Just curious though, how come you don't use wall mounts?

My biggest issue with the desk mounts is if my desk got bumped, my monitors would bounce around some (I had the same ones as you but the single arm mounts), drove me nuts. Granted that was on my old shitty Ikea desk and I don't have the issue now since my desk is so damn dirty.

I have my right two monitors wall mounted and the top/left one are on one of these: 3M Easy Adjust Desk Mount Dual Monitor Arm (MA260MB) - I really cannot recommend these enough if you have bigger monitors. The ones Joeboo linked work fine if you're on a budget and I won't bash them at all but if you can afford these ones, they're really a night a day difference and step-up in terms of quality.

jeydesktop.jpg

Edit: Side note, are those U2412M's Joeboo? Fucking love mine, it's on the left. Top one is a U2240M (would not recommend anyone get one ever) and the right one is a P2715Q 4k (awesome, love it too). Middle main gaming screen is an ASUS PG278Q 1440p G-Sync (also great).

Last edited:

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Yeah and the other issue with those Malakriss is that you can't really tilt the outer monitors towards you very much - especially if you have monitors that are on the upper end in size of what is supported (so like 24" as you'd linked).

Noodle if you can't afford the 3M (or similar quality ones, I'd really just recommend either getting 3 individual supports or one-dual support and one single support. That is how I ran mine before I moved and made my new setup.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nice setup Joeboo. Just curious though, how come you don't use wall mounts?

The picture doesn't really show it well, but my desk is actually a good 3-4 feet from that wall behind it (enough room for me to easily walk behind it...ill probably end up putting a fake plant/tree back there or something).

I originally considered going wall mounts and pushing the desk all the way to the wall, but my office is so large (12x14) that it looked awkward having the desk shoved to one side of the room, so I'm more in the center now.

You can tell a little bit better from this pic (good god i need a lot of decorations to fill up the walls, and figure out a way to hide those power cords..thats the only outlet on the back wall of the room)
TEBnpIt.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I hope like 3-4 years from now I can just buy 1 60 inch curved display, mount it behind my desk, break it out into 3, 4 or 6 virtual screens for work, and then still have it have all the right gaming features when you make it full screen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, screen bezels are officially the bane of my existence.

I actually wanted to go with 3 vertical monitors, mounted side-by-side, but that would put the bottom bezel (power, controls, etc) between the screens, which was WAY too large of a break for my liking. They need to make some damn monitors with the controls on the back or something and give us tiny, thin bezels on all 4 sides. The large bottom bezel totally fucks up vertical mounting.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I hope like 3-4 years from now I can just buy 1 60 inch curved display, mount it behind my desk, break it out into 3, 4 or 6 virtual screens for work, and then still have it have all the right gaming features when you make it full screen.
Won't you be dead by then?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user