Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL if hes waiting for the new nvidia cards to drop, might as well wait for the new AMD procs to drop too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When my daughter was born, I had to give up my office/man cave room(at least until we buy a bigger house). In the meantime, I've turned the corner of our master bedroom into what my wife mockingly calls my "man corner". I make this corner as bright and annoying to her as possible. I dig it. I wish they had all this cool LED shit back in the day when we were dropping acid.

1580702732310.png

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Argarth

On the verandah
When my daughter was born, I had to give up my office/man cave room(at least until we buy a bigger house). In the meantime, I've turned the corner of our master bedroom into what my wife mockingly calls my "man corner". I make this corner as bright and annoying to her as possible. I dig it. I wish they had all this cool LED shit back in the day when we were dropping acid.

View attachment 247278

Thumbs up just for the Tartarus V2 =)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
LOL if hes waiting for the new nvidia cards to drop, might as well wait for the new AMD procs to drop too.
Ive said it before but the only CPUs worth buying today are 8c/16t or better. With the ps5/xboxwhatever being basically a 3700X, 8c/16t will be the standard for all future games.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

View attachment 247278
Link to those lamps?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive said it before but the only CPUs worth buying today are 8c/16t or better. With the ps5/xboxwhatever being basically a 3700X, 8c/16t will be the standard for all future games.
Current consoles already have 8 cores, and they do not have 16 processes, and based on the specs of the new xbox I dont think they will have 16 processes either. Just another 8 core proc but with vastly better clock speeds and bandwidth. Also from what I read 2 of those cores are relegated for the OS. They are not sticking a $350 processor into an xbox of playstation thats supposed to be priced at a rumored $499.

You are right that the sweet spot is the 8/16 for PC but I dont think this has anything to do with consoles, current or future.

They are also boasting the capability of 4K at 60fps up to 120 fps (with 8k capability) which I think is laughable since it takes a $2K card in a pc and even that is hard pressed to get 60fps at 4K and this is also with a proc thats running close to 5.0ghz. But maybe with less and more shitty textures? Who knows.

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Current consoles already have 8 cores, and they do not have 16 processes, and based on the specs of the new xbox I dont think they will have 16 processes either. Just another 8 core proc but with vastly better clock speeds and bandwidth. Also from what I read 2 of those cores are relegated for the OS. They are not sticking a $350 processor into an xbox of playstation thats supposed to be priced at a rumored $499.

You are right that the sweet spot is the 8/16 for PC but I dont think this has anything to do with consoles, current or future.

They are also boasting the capability of 4K at 60fps up to 120 fps (with 8k capability) which I think is laughable since it takes a $2K card in a pc and even that is hard pressed to get 60fps at 4K and this is also with a proc thats running close to 5.0ghz. But maybe with less and more shitty textures? Who knows.

Minecraft 8k @ 120fps on the new XboPS$.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I know the printer discussion was a few weeks ago but here at work we have a HP LJ 1100 from 1999. It's been here for as long as I have and I'm taking it into retirement with me in 20 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know the printer discussion was a few weeks ago but here at work we have a HP LJ 1100 from 1999. It's been here for as long as I have and I'm taking it into retirement with me in 20 years.
damn i remember selling those, i don't believe that even had usb

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They more or less are as with AMD's architecture all their CPUs are the same. Their varying core/thread counts come from either disabling cores or manufacturing defects. The 3600X and 3700X are the exact same processors physically, its just the 3600X has 2c/4t disabled to make it a 3600X instead of a 3700X.