Desktop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's odd, my experience with Razer mice has been completely different than most here. I had an original naga like Harshaw Harshaw that got left behind in a move so now have the trinity and both have been great. I tried out a logitech g503 and liked it but three months in a single left click would turn into 3-8 rapid clicks. Looked around and it's a very common issue so just tossed it into the closet.

Argarth

On the verandah
Recently upgraded to a G502 Lightspeed, and no complaints at all, but it was damned expensive.

Thinking seriously about picking up a G305 as a second. Smaller, significantly lighter, and uses the same Hero sensor. Might even go for the smexy white version.
Anyone here that owns one like to chime in?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Recently upgraded to a G502 Lightspeed, and no complaints at all, but it was damned expensive.

Thinking seriously about picking up a G305 as a second. Smaller, significantly lighter, and uses the same Hero sensor. Might even go for the smexy white version.
Anyone here that owns one like to chime in?

I use one and I wouldn't replace it for anything. The only problem is the m4 has a weak click. You can even lighten it more by using a AA to AAA adapter

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im pretty rough on my mice while gaming. I tend to mash the buttons like a mo-fo on the shooters I play, so I usually have to replace them like every 1-2 yrs. I tend to go for the run of the mill $50-$70 mice like the naga, or the one I have is nice, the corsair glave.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I discovered my old i5-750 build in a box today, complete with mobo cpu & ram. I thought I had tossed it way back. Can anyone think of a practical usage I could put this stuff to that wouldn't just be better done with a cheap Raspberry Pi for far less power consumption?

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I discovered my old i5-750 build in a box today, complete with mobo cpu & ram. I thought I had tossed it way back. Can anyone think of a practical usage I could put this stuff to that wouldn't just be better done with a cheap Raspberry Pi for far less power consumption?

HTPC or NAS.

Argarth

On the verandah
Found this interesting. I've always left Game Mode OFF for the reason the XBOX Dev indicated, but I've turned it on for now just to see if I notice anything.

1580616136224.png

Fucker

Log Wizard

Fill it with platter drives and use it as a backup box.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys,

So finally taking the plunge to upgrade my PC after many years of holding off in prep for cyberpunk, and some newer games.

Here is my current system:
I5 - 4670k 3.4ghz
asus z87-pro
16gb ddr3
Amd R9 270
256gb ssd + 1tb Storage drive
450W Corsair PSU

New System:
Ryzen 3600X (+ Cooler Master Hyper 212)
MSI x570A Pro
16gb DDr4 3200 (Corsair vengeance)
500gb Evo m.2 (Going to bring over my 1tb WD drive from old build)
750W Corsair PSU
Graphics Card ???

I am kind of stuck on a graphics card, I play mostly 1080p as that is my monitor and I want to upgrade to a 1440p monitor eventually so want something that will scale well when I make the move. I also don't need the latest and greatest as I don't play competitively and mostly play single player rpgs, arpgs etc..

As for budget, I don't really want to spend more than $300-400ish on a graphics card, I am in Canada so everything is fucking expensive and my dollar is worth shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'd hold off for the next series of Nvidia cards which should still be out for Cyberpunk. They are supposed to be a huge upgrade to anything out right now and just stick with whatever you have for 1080p or something to fill the gap till then.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 don't buy it this year. Nvidia may be able to support some of the features but not the bandwidth or hardware required functionality on existing 2.0b cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user