Desktop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My speaker upgrade arrives today @Brahma I'll let you know if it was worth the $270.

I am most excited that I can just bluetooth to it on my PC and Work Laptop. If the PS4 can also use them in this way I'll be extremely pleased.

If you can, use a cable to connect your gaming rig and then use Bluetooth with the other stuff. Certain games just don't like speakers over Bluetooth for whatever reason. The worst I've encountered is Division 2

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
So my gaming laptop from 2017 was getting a little old, so I sold it for $650 and built a new (modest) desktop instead:

MB: Gigabyte B450
PS: 500W
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3600
GPU: RX 580 (Trading for GTX 1660 Super)
HDD: 1TB WD NVMe
Case: Cheap AF

Already had monitors, kb, mouse.

It runs Warzone and solitare smooth as silk

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you can, use a cable to connect your gaming rig and then use Bluetooth with the other stuff. Certain games just don't like speakers over Bluetooth for whatever reason. The worst I've encountered is Division 2

Did this. Its hard connected to my personal PC and wireless to my work computer. I will say that I've had cheapo speakers and haven't cared for so long I didn't even remember what music with bass was like.

They don't take up too much space and connect really fluidly. I like them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Looking for suggestions on a desktop, preferably pre-built.

Requirements:
- Able to run AutoCad 2020LT

Games I play:
- Eve
- Wow
- Trove
- Stardew Valley

Budget:
1200-1500, honestly I don't know if this should include a monitor or not.

Would appreciate any suggestions, as I haven't owned a desktop since about 1998.

Thanks

So Ibuypower has this

CaseGAMDIAS TALOS M1B ARGB Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
MotherboardGIGABYTE X570 GAMING X -- ARGB Header (2), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (4 Rear, 2 Front)
Power Supply600 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Advanced Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
Primary Hard Drive512 GB ADATA XPG SX8200PNP PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 3500MB/s; Write: 2300MB/s
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home - (64-bit)
KeyboardiBUYPOWER Standard RGB Gaming Keyboard
MouseiBUYPOWER Gaming Optical Mouse - Multi-Color LED Lighting
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Rush ServiceStandard Service - Estimated Ship Out in 10-15 Business Days

For $1,331,

Now i tried to do pretty much identical parts on pcpartpicker and came around even - the PSU will be sketch but it claims 600 +Gold on them and pcpartpicker is as fucked as we are getting good rates on PSUs atm

More or less with their bulk part discount at ibuypower or cyberpc you will more or less just be paying them to build/support it and full cost of windows. So in the end its really not THAT bad.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Ibuypower has this

CaseGAMDIAS TALOS M1B ARGB Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8x 3.6GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
MotherboardGIGABYTE X570 GAMING X -- ARGB Header (2), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (4 Rear, 2 Front)
Power Supply600 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
Advanced Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables
Primary Hard Drive512 GB ADATA XPG SX8200PNP PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 3500MB/s; Write: 2300MB/s
Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home - (64-bit)
KeyboardiBUYPOWER Standard RGB Gaming Keyboard
MouseiBUYPOWER Gaming Optical Mouse - Multi-Color LED Lighting
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Rush ServiceStandard Service - Estimated Ship Out in 10-15 Business Days

For $1,331,

Now i tried to do pretty much identical parts on pcpartpicker and came around even - the PSU will be sketch but it claims 600 +Gold on them and pcpartpicker is as fucked as we are getting good rates on PSUs atm

More or less with their bulk part discount at ibuypower or cyberpc you will more or less just be paying them to build/support it and full cost of windows. So in the end its really not THAT bad.

I get that its easier to just get a pre built, but that part picker build looks to be about 400 bucks of wasted money. From the cooler, mobo, case, psu to windows. Then skimps on the video card and the drive. :oops:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I get that its easier to just get a pre built, but that part picker build looks to be about 400 bucks of wasted money. From the cooler, mobo, case, psu to windows. Then skimps on the video card and the drive. :oops:

its a copy of the prebuilt, psu prices are fucked and the B550 boards aren’t on shelves yet to be part of prebuilt systems.

Daidraco

its a copy of the prebuilt, psu prices are fucked and the B550 boards aren’t on shelves yet to be part of prebuilt systems.

I guess if you're looking at some particular PSU? But a 650 Gold EVGA is 82.05 w/FS, and is available (at least right this moment). 550 and 570 boards, unless the purchaser is planning ahead for future upgrades - is wasted money on an AMD Ryzen 7 chip set. 550 and 570 was designed to have a bigger bios memory to accommodate the new chip sets, but you also get the version 4's etc. Truly, for the price difference - you might as well get a 500 series board? But if availability doesnt fit the time frame, a 470 is more than enough for the Ryzen 7 architecture. I poured hours upon hours of research into this stuff just to get the perfect build for my g/f and her budget. That's why when he said his budget, I was Johnny on the Spot.

For the money, that build is pretty sweet. I wouldnt consider upgrading her PC until DDR5 is affordable, 24 Core+ is affordable, and the hardware needed to take advantage of it is affordable. Which is very likely 3-5 years at the minimum. Even then, is the PC really going to need an upgrade with what is in the foreseeable future with software? Thanks to that Linus video - the only foreseeable upgrade for myself or her may be an internal storage upgrade that has the controllers available to work just like the Playstation 5's. Loading any asset at any time on demand, at least in my opinion, will be a game changer.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And these vulnerabilities matter a lot to people running big cloud server farms and absolutely 0 to desktop users.
I dunno, Intel has had record sales even with these vulnerabilities consistently coming out in the data center.

Daidraco

People are saying on reddit etc. that the newer Nvidia cards are going to start at $1500. Could just be people talking out of their ass, as to be expected, but if that has any semblance of truth.. can the people willing to spend $1500 on a video card really be that big of a group?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
People are saying on reddit etc. that the newer Nvidia cards are going to start at $1500. Could just be people talking out of their ass, as to be expected, but if that has any semblance of truth.. can the people willing to spend $1500 on a video card really be that big of a group?
No, though for R&D, industry, etc..., yes

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Newer cards you meaning 3080ti and above? I can't really see it happening, due to cryptomining really dying down. If they're charging that much though it's real dumb. $1200 was already dumb as fuck

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I am expecting the 3090ti to be around that cost if the rumors are true. It is beastly and would be like previous Titan cards.

Apparently, the 3080 Ti will not be the flagship product, but an RTX 3090 Ti/SUPER model that flaunts 24 GB of GDDR6X memory with a 384-bit interface and TBP of 350 watts. That’s almost double the RAM of the 3080 model (check out the table below for the specifics).

Aazrael

Been thinking of upgrading my i5-3570k from 2012. Still runs decently at 4.5ghz (OC) with a GForce 1070 graphic card.

I only need motherboard, ram and processor. The rest of the parts was updated last year. The thing is I got a Fractal Design Mini C case. I was thinking of getting the Ryzen 5 3600. But to use the case I need a mATX or mITX motherboard which does not seem to be that well stocked over here. Otherwise I need to get a bigger case to fit a normal ATX card.

How is the Ryzen 5 3600? I'm totally lost on this topic nowdays. And would there be any drawbacks using mITX motherboard?