Desktop Computers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Big fan of LTT. His video where he was talking about retiring actually choked me up a bit (no homo). I can relate being a working dad and sometimes working too much

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone figure out whats happening with Amazon links? All I see now are:

link.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
there's plenty of room between shitty and top shelf. 65 bucks for 3200 c16 is a fine deal.
Not really, 3200 C16 is basically just stock timings extrapolated upwards. C15 would be 'between' and C14 would be top shelf.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I recently became a fan of LTT, I like the guy because he comes off as a genuinely nice guy and very knowledgeable. The fact that he owns it like this only makes me like him more. We all have bad moments, we all fuck up, none of us deserve to be judged for those isolated moments (barring murder, rape, pedo) for the rest of our lives.

Same. I think we had a similar conversation in this thread a couple of months back. I stopped watching him for a long time but within the last year got back in to his videos. Guy has been in the game for a long time and is clearly passionate and has a whole business and life that he’s committed to it. Appreciate his take on most things. And I’ve almost gotten over the earrings. Almost...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Need recommendations for a good headset that can be bluetooth or wired. Preferable for gaming but also can be used for work (PC for gaming, mac for work). Or suggestions on a good mic to use as I have decent headphones already.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I watched the replay of the livestream he did that on about the SSD. I found it odd that he put that much effort into talking about the guy. Even if what he had said was totally wrong people in the industry get off on tangets that are slightly wrong all the time. In this case wasn't even really wrong.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I brought it up and Alkorin said there was a large update to the media addon recently that may have broken some things. He said he'd look in to it.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pretty sure my 2070S is running super hot. In OW I get up to 76C+. In FFXIV it only get up to mid 60s though. Should I be concerned?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure Overwatch just runs really hot on anything and everything GPU wise.

EDIT

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure my 2070S is running super hot. In OW I get up to 76C+. In FFXIV it only get up to mid 60s though. Should I be concerned?
That seems at the high end of normal for a non-CPU-bound game.

MMOs like WoW, FF and GW2 are all CPU-bound and the GPU is practically idle.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went aggressive fan curve and stress testing seems better - around 68C max for an hour at 100% utilization of the GPU. I'll test OW later and see if it's better

I still don't like it requiring the fans so high. Would not recommend MSI based on this alone.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been going through a few desk and monitor arm configurations. Finally found a good clean display setup. Just got everything plugged in and working with my old kb and mouse. Will switch over to the new wireless ones after sleepy time.

Using this:

and this:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In my quest for better temps

I limited my fps in OW to 144 instead of 300 and my temps went from 72C to 65C. I've also been having problems streaming games if I don't limit the fps. Things are weird.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In my quest for better temps

I limited my fps in OW to 144 instead of 300 and my temps went from 72C to 65C. I've also been having problems streaming games if I don't limit the fps. Things are weird.
Limiting FPS to the max refresh rate of your monitor is usually just good practice, really helps deliver more consistent frametimes.

• 1Solidarity