Desktop Computers

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,331
43,019
It still won't do anything if this room is 85 degrees in January. Having to open a window in the dead of winter to play video games is pretty stupid.
ytujuk.jpg
 

Janx

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
8,759
26,906
Sweet just got emails saying son's 3600x and MB will be here SAT. Initial time frame was early-mid july.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,237
20,193
The whole "wait til Sept" thing always bugs me. If you want a PC now, build it. If you want to wait, then wait. But people have been spouting "wait for the 3xxx" for like 6 months at this point.

I knew for me if I didn't do my build when I did, the money most definitely would've gone elsewhere in our budget.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
25,295
48,791
The whole "wait til Sept" thing always bugs me. If you want a PC now, build it. If you want to wait, then wait. But people have been spouting "wait for the 3xxx" for like 6 months at this point.

I knew for me if I didn't do my build when I did, the money most definitely would've gone elsewhere in our budget.
I'm waiting for the 5xxxs in 36 months
 
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,331
43,019
Thanks. You changed my mind. I'll wait for the 7xxx's

You can get a 15th gen Intel CPU right now. The difference in Intel generations is more +'s after 14nm. Buy a 10th gen right now, add 100MHz to the clock, and a half dozen more +'s...and there you go....instant 15th gen CPU.
 

Aazrael

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
4,704
18,386
Anyone got tips for monitor stands that can support up to 3 monitors? I got two asus screens now but the feet are kinda in the way on the side monitor, touching the keyboard.

I cant clamp anyhing so would have to be standing on desktop or maybe screwed down.
 

Mist

REEEEeyore
<Banned>
31,854
24,692
Anyone got tips for monitor stands that can support up to 3 monitors? I got two asus screens now but the feet are kinda in the way on the side monitor, touching the keyboard.

I cant clamp anyhing so would have to be standing on desktop or maybe screwed down.
Wall arms?
 

Utnayan

F16 - Having fun in Iran
<Gold Donor>
17,808
15,872
So I went and did it anyway because I want to build a new PC. I am only gaming at 1440p 27" 144hz, and when I checked benches, with an OLED 65 if I ever bring it into my other theater area I'll hover around 50 for most games which is fine because anything over that will tear.

Ryzen 3700x
Asus 550
32 Gb 3200 Ram
EVGA Super 2070
New Full Tower Case
Legacy EVGA 650 Watt Gold + 80 PS
1tb M.2
1 Tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD

I am going to start building later today :)
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
46,537
57,903
So apparently dvi is obsolete and I need an adapter to actually use the video card in my new build.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Axiel

Trakanon Raider
695
1,507
Yeah old standards can't work with huge resolutions at high refresh rates, and including it would still add to the cost of a video card. Should really get a DisplayPort 1.4+ or or HDMI 2.0+ cable, not an adapter. You'd have to be using a CRT monitor or something stupidly ancient to not have an HDMI slot. Had an old cheap tv from 2008 finally brake a year ago, it had HDMI.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,237
20,193
Yeah old standards can't work with huge resolutions at high refresh rates, and including it would still add to the cost of a video card. Should really get a DisplayPort 1.4+ or or HDMI 2.0+ cable, not an adapter. You'd have to be using a CRT monitor or something stupidly ancient to not have an HDMI slot. Had an old cheap tv from 2008 finally brake a year ago, it had HDMI.
Not all HDMI slots are equal. My monitor from 2016 couldn't support 144 fps over HDMI. Just 60. Aka pleb.status
 

Borzak

<Bronze Donator>
29,554
40,115
I looked at doing a really cheap build. Some of the AMD ryzens are really cheap at times like the ryzen 5 3600x, but the fact I'd have to use another chip on many of the also cheap motherboards to update the bios it is kind of off putting.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
8,000
7,814
I looked at doing a really cheap build. Some of the AMD ryzens are really cheap at times like the ryzen 5 3600x, but the fact I'd have to use another chip on many of the also cheap motherboards to update the bios it is kind of off putting.
They will send you a dummy chip so you can update