Desktop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After watching the DF video, I'm happy for a 3080 or maybe wait for the higher memory version. 3090 just seems like overkill at this point unless your gonna be above 4k which Im not gonna be anytime soon.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay cooling bros, now that all the new parts are coming out I am starting to plan my build.

This generation I was thinking about using an AIO, but I my research is leading me to think that it might not be the best option. In any case, the thing that I care about most is fitting successfully into my case (a Thermaltake Core V21 mATX cube) while maintaining the pressure balance I currently have. I love this case and have it balanced such that it doesn't collect dust using only the front 200mm intake and a single rear 120mm exhaust. If I get a 120mm AIO and replace my single exhaust with it, will it perform similarly to the current set up? I've never done AIOs before so I don't have any experience with how it affects the airflow.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
typically, AIO's have lower fan speeds compared to just the normal fans you are using now. Are you talking a whole AIO system or just a CPU? I'd bet you could have an AIO on the CPU pulling air in from the top with the 200mm intake and leave the exhaust fan and all of it would run a lower fan speeds than your current setup

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Newegg has the Fractal Meshify C with $5 off and a $10 off coupon bringing it to $79 so went ahead and grabbed that guy. Was getting too difficult to decide between that and the Lian Li, Be Quiet!, and Cooler Master. At least this one doesn’t have any RGB.

LiquidDeath

typically, AIO's have lower fan speeds compared to just the normal fans you are using now. Are you talking a whole AIO system or just a CPU? I'd bet you could have an AIO on the CPU pulling air in from the top with the 200mm intake and leave the exhaust fan and all of it would run a lower fan speeds than your current setup

Just a CPU AIO. I was specifically trying to go with a setup that would require minimal change since the V21 has mesh sides that allow for lots of airflow, and my current 2 fan setup keeps dust completely out of the case.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So, Samsung G9 or LG 38GN/GL950 - Which would have the better picture? I feel QLED should have the better image quality no? im torn.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Newegg has the Fractal Meshify C with $5 off and a $10 off coupon bringing it to $79 so went ahead and grabbed that guy. Was getting too difficult to decide between that and the Lian Li, Be Quiet!, and Cooler Master. At least this one doesn’t have any RGB.

I sent one of these back once I realized the front panel has 2 usb 3.0 rather than 3.1. Something to think about if you have mostly 3.1

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I sent one of these back once I realized the front panel has 2 usb 3.0 rather than 3.1. Something to think about if you have mostly 3.1

I don’t even know honestly. I so rarely use my front panel for anything other than a random thumb drive to load somethingon a thumb drive. Didn’t even think to check on if I cared, hah!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That to me is the most frustrating part of cases. I wish case design would get to the point of swapable front panels (which case designers aren't inclined to do because it's bad for them financially). You could use a case for decades, but after a few years that front panel because questionable to useless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
This this a thousand times this. And for the love of mud, let one of those have an SD reader. I suppose i'm in the minority now, but alot of the stuff i play with uses SD/microSD.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Feel like I'm missing some secret squirrel sauce here with the front panel I/O. Am I the minority that never uses it? Currently there's been a Sony DS3 plugged in for my Steam gaming, which could be basically any flavor USB. Other than that I plugged a thumb drive in when setting up my PiHole once. What am I missing I have to know?!!?!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive never used front panel I/O on a desktop - like, i may have plugged in a thumb drive to move files.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Feel like I'm missing some secret squirrel sauce here with the front panel I/O. Am I the minority that never uses it? Currently there's been a Sony DS3 plugged in for my Steam gaming, which could be basically any flavor USB. Other than that I plugged a thumb drive in when setting up my PiHole once. What am I missing I have to know?!!?!

I'm with you. I use front panel for USB sticks and occasionally charging a mobile device. What is the use for them that is so convenient that you can't just plug the thing in the back of the PC?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's where I plug in my controller to charge. Having 3.1 for thumb drives is so much better than just a 3.0, since it doubles the speed. Type C I used to use for my phone but now with my Pixel 3XL I have a Qi charging pad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's where I plug in my controller to charge. Having 3.1 for thumb drives is so much better than just a 3.0, since it doubles the speed. Type C I used to use for my phone but now with my Pixel 3XL I have a Qi charging pad.
my computer case is a lianli rocketfish 11year clone, so i bought a 2ft usb3 extension cable and plugged it from the back and ran it through(inside) to the front