Khalan

Trakanon Raider
hey guys looking for monitor recommendations ideally the following specs"
1440p
27"+
Vesa Mount
Thinner bezels
IPS panel ideally for better angles.

Any suggestions? Using for gaming/on my desk but want the vesa mount so I can wall mount it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
LG ultragear series off the top of my head - or AOC w/ the zero dead pixel 3 year guarantee.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My son wants to get into PC gaming, and I have a desktop I built a long time ago that I am hoping may be passable with some upgrades. It has a i7-2600k that I'm hoping will be ok with an overclock. Any suggestions on a budget video card and monitor? He is mainly just looking to play things like Fortnite and the new COD.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fortnite might be doable, but no way that will run cod as anything other than a slideshow regardless of video card.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's funny how good the 2600k was as a chip, because my initial reaction was just overclock and it'll be fine. It's definitely showing it's age now though

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
built a middling pc for my nephew today and it turned out clean:
20200907_142751.jpg

not bad for under 1k

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty interesting. Pending the cost it would be cool to have these

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations on budget mobo/intel chip/ram? Dads computer took a shit. Drives still work, has a refurb 1080 gfx card, case, psu so just going to attempt to replace those three things.

He’s on some 6-7 year old shit so pretty much anything will be an upgrade. Just no clue what the decent budget items are.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
He said Intel chip! Because an AMD system clearly can't work with the same drives, graphics, case, psu!
In all seriousness a 3300x / 3600 is worth the extra $, when msrp's are stocked.

$58

$84 but I can't see it not selling out fast

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
He said Intel chip! Because an AMD system clearly can't work with the same drives, graphics, case, psu!
In all seriousness a 3300x / 3600 is worth the extra $, when msrp's are stocked.

$58

$84 but I can't see it not selling out fast

Well he pretty much only games on it. I didn’t think purely gaming AMD was worth it. I went with a 3600x on my pc but I do more than game on mine.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was just thinking budget in general - my mind only sees AMD as budget and intel as sheer rubbishfuckwards who keep changing the motherFUCKIN socket like underwear - i wont get those ragged cunts a god dam dollar until they get their shit together.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna buy the shit out of them if I can actually find them anywhere. I'll gladly rip all the corsair shit out. Fucking wires everywhere

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Didn't post anything the other day after the Meshify C came in. Migration went smooth and took under an hour. Managed to fix some cable management and the rush job I did 3-4 years ago initially setting it up. This is the Meshify with the dark tempered glass so internal aesthetics aren't that big of a deal, but it does make me wish Noctua had the dark fans at the time. Thinking the 3080 should fit fine even with the front fans.

Pre-move.jpg

Meshify C.JPG

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Didn't post anything the other day after the Meshify C came in. Migration went smooth and took under an hour. Managed to fix some cable management and the rush job I did 3-4 years ago initially setting it up. This is the Meshify with the dark tempered glass so internal aesthetics aren't that big of a deal, but it does make me wish Noctua had the dark fans at the time. Thinking the 3080 should fit fine even with the front fans.

View attachment 301412
View attachment 301413

Noice! Very well done.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have the Meshify C case and I like it a lot. My only problem was the DH15 second fan wouldn't fit above my RAM.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

They went on preorder last month and i ordered 2 3-packs

1599836456611.png

weird is mine have been preparing for ship for over a week and the travel time it says is like 8-20 days -

Build i did yesterday for a friend

3900x, 32GB ram, 2080 super, 2 1TB NVME
MSI Case, GPU, Mobo, the case was the Gungnir 100 but i wish it had about half an inch more room on the side for cable management.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like