Desktop Computers

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is the left side CPU fan blowing to the rear of the case?
Well I assumed it was because I would think the point of the fan is to blow the heat away from the heatsinks but now I’m not sure. I should have flipped the fan size so the logo is right side up but I don’t see the inside so don’t really care. The fans blades are shaped that it is blowing away too but if it runs in reverse it would be sucking air into it. I’ll have to power it on to look now, the instructions don’t show airflow direction.

It’s a meshify C3, only takes a 120mm there. I could move it to the top though if the CPU fan is strong enough to push case heat out by itself.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well I assumed it was because I would think the point of the fan is to blow the heat away from the heatsinks but now I’m not sure. I should have flipped the fan size so the logo is right side up but I don’t see the inside so don’t really care. The fans blades are shaped that it is blowing away too but if it runs in reverse it would be sucking air into it. I’ll have to power it on to look now, the instructions don’t show airflow direction.

It’s a meshify C3, only takes a 120mm there. I could move it to the top though if the CPU fan is strong enough to push case heat out by itself.
Seems relevant to the conversation (fan placement/direction). 9:21 is the mark if the video doesnt start there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seems relevant to the conversation (fan placement/direction). 9:21 is the mark if the video doesnt start there.
Thanks. Basic info I’ve always wanted to know but hadn’t seen in that easy of an explanation.

Everything’s mounted correctly now. I know you’ve been dying to find out Lanx Lanx Mist Mist

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks. Basic info I’ve always wanted to know but hadn’t seen in that easy of an explanation.

Everything’s mounted correctly now. I know you’ve been dying to find out Lanx Lanx Mist Mist
if its been a while since you installed stuff, i don't believe it should be an issue, but watch out for the fan dampeners falling off

07818ed32fdee2f2271ec4870b29ac6b.png

there are 4, 2x for each fan, this is where the fan "sits" on, honestly if you don't see a black rubber strip on the floor, then it's on there, i will say i have installed two of these, and 1 did fall off on one of mine. (cuz it's like just sticky), other wise that hunker will be good forever. (forever is 10years)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
if its been a while since you installed stuff, i don't believe it should be an issue, but watch out for the fan dampeners falling off

07818ed32fdee2f2271ec4870b29ac6b.png

there are 4, 2x for each fan, this is where the fan "sits" on, honestly if you don't see a black rubber strip on the floor, then it's on there, i will say i have installed two of these, and 1 did fall off on one of mine. (cuz it's like just sticky), other wise that hunker will be good forever. (forever is 10years)

I didn’t remove the outer fan at all and didn’t notice anything that fell off. I saw the dampers stuck on there before I inserted the center fan but didn’t even think about it falling off.

So far with a game going and a ton of stuff running in the background to test I’m extremely stable at 51/52. Like it doesn’t spike up and down at all like the wraith did. The noise is louder than I’d like but it’s not a jet engine like the wraith. This is just a nice steady background fan noise instead. Wraith would go silent to deafening up and down constantly and it was so distracting. A steady fan noise is a lot more tolerable.

I think I’m going to put a sound dampening piece of foam to the underside of the table it sits under, should kill it even more.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I bought a CoolerMaster NR600 case last year and they had a version with a 5-1/4" optical drive bay. Didn't get it but it was available which I found odd.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn’t remove the outer fan at all and didn’t notice anything that fell off. I saw the dampers stuck on there before I inserted the center fan but didn’t even think about it falling off.

So far with a game going and a ton of stuff running in the background to test I’m extremely stable at 51/52. Like it doesn’t spike up and down at all like the wraith did. The noise is louder than I’d like but it’s not a jet engine like the wraith. This is just a nice steady background fan noise instead. Wraith would go silent to deafening up and down constantly and it was so distracting. A steady fan noise is a lot more tolerable.

I think I’m going to put a sound dampening piece of foam to the underside of the table it sits under, should kill it even more.
if you find the noise a bit annoying, it's probably your other case fans, test it out by unplugging the rear case fan and other fans, you honestly could run it like this for a few hours.

if you find the noise way more tolerable, you can adjust fan profiles in bios or get fans more sensitive to ears and quiet like the nocuas

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used to use those air cooled setups for years, namely the CM212. But when I built my bros gaming comp a few years ago I went with one of those all in one water cooled systems. And temps were better by a few C at idle and way better at load, last year I upgraded my 15 yr olds comp and put one on on his AMD proc and cool as a whistle. So im going with those setups from now on. System looks cleaner, you have access to more shit on your mo bo because its smaller and all for like $50-70 more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
if you find the noise a bit annoying, it's probably your other case fans, test it out by unplugging the rear case fan and other fans, you honestly could run it like this for a few hours.

if you find the noise way more tolerable, you can adjust fan profiles in bios or get fans more sensitive to ears and quiet like the nocuas
Everything in mine is noctua. Two 140s up front, one 120 in the rear. (Shocker joke in there somewhere) It really isn’t that bad right now. I’m playing with no sound or music just to listen to the ups and downs compared to the wraith.

As soon as I turn any sound on at all I don’t even notice the fan anymore. The Wraith I still noticed, mostly because how heavily it fluctuated.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I used to use those air cooled setups for years, namely the CM212. But when I built my bros gaming comp a few years ago I went with one of those all in one water cooled systems. And temps were better by a few C at idle and way better at load, last year I upgraded my 15 yr olds comp and put one on on his AMD proc and cool as a whistle. So im going with those setups from now on. System looks cleaner, you have access to more shit on your mo bo because its smaller and all for like $50-70 more.
Yeah I would have this time around had I researched longer. I had already purchased most of my rig when I started learning how good the AIO are though. I’ve never water cooled before so didn’t realize it was so easy now. Maybe on my next one in 2030.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have mine sitting on a milk crate by the side of my desk and I hear nothing. But im sure most of you have those LED setuops with the stupid windows so you can stare at it and get mesmerized by the RGB blinks right by your face on top of your desk.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have mine sitting on a milk crate by the side of my desk and I hear nothing. But im sure most of you have those LED setuops with the stupid windows so you can stare at it and get mesmerized by the RGB blinks right by your face on top of your desk.
I actually removed my only LEDs by getting rid of the wraith. The PC is to the side of my desk, I don’t see it. I didn’t like the annoying glow on the wall from the wraith though. Now it’s pitch black and creepy looking, just like a gaming room should be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I actually removed my only LEDs by getting rid of the wraith. The PC is to the side of my desk, I don’t see it. I didn’t like the annoying glow on the wall from the wraith though. Now it’s pitch black and creepy looking, just like a gaming room should be.
you motherboard didn't have annoy LED's or a glowing badges?

before i returned the msi tomahawk, it had super annoying LEDs on the back of the motherboard!
ce53c1db8170d0828e5e97ea1996e9a0.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
you motherboard didn't have annoy LED's or a glowing badges?

before i returned the msi tomahawk, it had super annoying LEDs on the back of the motherboard!
ce53c1db8170d0828e5e97ea1996e9a0.png
Nope, I made sure everything I got had no LEDs. Wraith was the only thing and that’s not something I selected, it just came with the CPU. My gfx card might have some small ones but I haven’t looked at it when powered on. If it does they aren’t bright enough to shine through the smoked glass on the case and onto the wall.

I think the LED stuff looks really cool, the pulsing and shit is mesmerizing, but it’s not something I want for myself. I don’t like a neon glow in my room when I’m watching movies or playing games with the lights off. No way would I want it on my desk blinding me.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Asus software doesn't even see my B550-I board to control the ARGB header on the board, so I can't even begin to control the 2 potential RGB things I have. I did install the GSkill software to set my ram to a dim red, the stock rainbow vomit is just peak faggot.

(And holy shit is the Asus software literal cancer. They have a special program just to uninstall all that garbage.)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Asus software doesn't even see my B550-I board to control the ARGB header on the board, so I can't even begin to control the 2 potential RGB things I have. I did install the GSkill software to set my ram to a dim red, the stock rainbow vomit is just peak faggot.

(And holy shit is the Asus software literal cancer. They have a special program just to uninstall all that garbage.)
this?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have a Rampage Extreme VI Encore and Lian Li OD11 case with hot swappable drives and am having trouble actually having the drives show up. They appear in disk managers, but, in "This PC", they do not appear at all. It's my first case with hot swappable drives, so not entirely sure how to fully enable these through the BIOS. Does anyone know / or have this mobo/case that can help?:|