Desktop Computers

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I fucking hate my backwards country where Corsair Obsidian 1000D costs over 600 euros. I put the parts (thinking of going pretty high end with 3080ti, i9-10900k, asus rog max VIII etc) I want for the new rig in the spreadsheet and it spewed out a total cost almost 5k euros. Fuck that. Looks like I'll be doing that next year, I can't justify spending all that just on a pc right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate my backwards country where Corsair Obsidian 1000D costs over 600 euros. I put the parts (thinking of going pretty high end with 3080ti, i9-10900k, asus rog max VIII etc) I want for the new rig in the spreadsheet and it spewed out a total cost almost 5k euros. Fuck that. Looks like I'll be doing that next year, I can't justify spending all that just on a pc right now.
ROFL the people that think it'll be "cheaper" next year.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
ROFL the people that think it'll be "cheaper" next year.

I know it's not gonna be cheaper. My plan was to get a new rig for the Warhammer 3 launch so I could actually play it like a normal person but since it got pushed back to next year, that buys some time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think most of us are at the stages of our lives where we really don't need shit for a computer. We play shitty games that don't require anything, but we have the money and can spend it. We hold off for a while because fuck it's a lot of money for nothing, then at some point we say fuck it I want it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have been recruited to help a friend build a new system around $1000. It's been a few years since I have done this.

I found this list on pcpartpicker, but an i3 sounds underpowered?

This will be used for 1920x1080 gaming, but obviously not looking for super high graphics settings. He mostly plays EQ and MTG:Arena.

Would anyone be kind enough to list me some component ideas?
3600 or 5600x and find a 6600 non XT

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had a lot of fun building this guy, and now I'm thinking of selling it, but I worry that it won't get the money out of it that it is worth? Also I have a 3060ti I could put into it, instead of the 1080Ti.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor ($787.04 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($152.53 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($175.73 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($132.05 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($132.05 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ELITE GAMING Video Card
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($159.74 @ Adorama)
Power Supply: EVGA G1+ 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($219.99 @ Best Buy)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($103.29 @ Amazon)
Total: $2208.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-21 23:07 EDT-0400

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You wont solely because of the GPU - even if you put the 3060Ti in there you likely wont - its slightly possible with the 3060ti but otherwise no way - It is worth it if you can sell it to someone on here but if you put it on ebay youd get a huge loss

Crone

You wont solely because of the GPU - even if you put the 3060Ti in there you likely wont - its slightly possible with the 3060ti but otherwise no way - It is worth it if you can sell it to someone on here but if you put it on ebay youd get a huge loss
Yea figured that all the rest of the parts are easily accessible so the only draw is if I get a hard to get GPU to go with it. 3080 or something maybe. Thanks for bringing me back to reality. ;)

Crone

Strimmer combo pack on sale at Newegg. Picking them up to finish off the RGB!

E70D2D7B-CEC3-4FFE-A053-0ABEDF348947.jpeg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Didn't know that Radeon has an auto overclock...

View attachment 378484
Yeah, they've really been stepping up their game with Adrenalin software. It was pretty daunting at first making the swap from nVidia, but I absolutely love all the options AMD affords you, especially when you have an AMD CPU + GPU. XT GANG!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is actually why I got rid of my 3090 in turn for the liquid Devil Ultimate. I have no regrets and it runs ice-cold even considering both used ekwb plates.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m about to smash my TV with a hammer.

I have a 3070 gfx card. One display port going to a side monitor, one HDMI going to a TV as the main monitor. This morning for some reason my TV wasn’t getting a signal. Open display settings, it shows my displays reversed. I hit use one monitor, then go back to extend. Doesn’t work, TV isn’t getting a signal. I can go to nvidia control panel and it still sees it there. Check the box to enable it, doesn’t work.

So I go through all kinds of shit, unplugging, rebooting, etc. the only thing I can get it to repeat is the first time I turn it the pc on it will duplicate the image on both monitors. If I try to extend it, the tv loses signal, I say keep settings and it just goes back to duplicate, but without TV getting signal. If I revert, same thing. Doesn’t come back unless I switch the hdmi to a different port or reboot PC. Doesn’t matter which hdmi port on the tv I use, same behavior. Nvidia control panel doesn’t work whether it has a signal or not.

What in the fuck?

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I’m about to smash my TV with a hammer.

I have a 3070 gfx card. One display port going to a side monitor, one HDMI going to a TV as the main monitor. This morning for some reason my TV wasn’t getting a signal. Open display settings, it shows my displays reversed. I hit use one monitor, then go back to extend. Doesn’t work, TV isn’t getting a signal. I can go to nvidia control panel and it still sees it there. Check the box to enable it, doesn’t work.

So I go through all kinds of shit, unplugging, rebooting, etc. the only thing I can get it to repeat is the first time I turn it the pc on it will duplicate the image on both monitors. If I try to extend it, the tv loses signal, I say keep settings and it just goes back to duplicate, but without TV getting signal. If I revert, same thing. Doesn’t come back unless I switch the hdmi to a different port or reboot PC. Doesn’t matter which hdmi port on the tv I use, same behavior. Nvidia control panel doesn’t work whether it has a signal or not.

What in the fuck?
Flip the HDMI cable. Plug the end plugged into the TV into the PC and vice versa.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That didn’t work either.

I was able to find a “reset to factory” setting on the TV. Hit that and it instantly went back to the proper setup on my side monitor, so I went through the factory questions upon first setup and it is now fixed. The TV software is still the same version as before I hit the factory reset. It’s like all it did was make me pick my language, accept terms of service again, and put my wifi info back in. I have automatic updates off on the tv so I’m not sure wtf prompted all this to happen.

God damn that was an entire aneurysm inducing day.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That didn’t work either.

I was able to find a “reset to factory” setting on the TV. Hit that and it instantly went back to the proper setup on my side monitor, so I went through the factory questions upon first setup and it is now fixed. The TV software is still the same version as before I hit the factory reset. It’s like all it did was make me pick my language, accept terms of service again, and put my wifi info back in. I have automatic updates off on the tv so I’m not sure wtf prompted all this to happen.

God damn that was an entire aneurysm inducing day.

Not sure if you posted it in the TV Thread, but is it one of the newer Samsung TVs with that breakout box? Mine is worthless as shit and will constantly turn on and "detect" a new device in HDMI 1 that has been the receiver for 3 years. And every once in a while I'll have to go back through the settings... Never buying another TV with an interface like that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if you posted it in the TV Thread, but is it one of the newer Samsung TVs with that breakout box? Mine is worthless as shit and will constantly turn on and "detect" a new device in HDMI 1 that has been the receiver for 3 years. And every once in a while I'll have to go back through the settings... Never buying another TV with an interface like that.
No, an LG Nanocell. I’ve had no issues with it until today, I love it. First time I’ve touched the settings since initial setup (Which is why I stumbled across the factory reset setting) Interface is good, the Magic Remote is...magical.

Also I noticed during all of this the Window HDR button was missing on display settings within windows. I didn’t even realize there was one until it got fixed and it appeared once the TV was restored. Maybe a windows update turned it on by mistake and that fucked it up? Idk. My last windows update was 10/16 so I think I would’ve had the problem before today if it were a windows update induced problem. Rolling back that update didn’t repair it either.