Desktop Computers

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The price point of the mobo seems a bit high.

Is it because you're keeping in mind upgrade potential? I like that idea, but wouldn't I have to upgrade everything in a couple of years anyways?
There's always the occasional exception or crazy sale, but generally speaking if you spend under $100 on a motherboard you're getting a piece of crap. I'd be VERY wary of any mobo that is significantly under $100.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Razer Deathadder is an old design that hasn't changed because it's PERFECT. G9x doesn't fit my hand, I tried it before. I've also tried the CM Storm Sentinel, Logitech G700 and a few others. I just replaced my Deathadder 3.5 with a Deathadder 2013.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I wouldn't buy a sandforce drive unless it was made by Intel. Get a Samsung Evo or a Crucial M500.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
just checked on microcenter they still got the samsung evo i bought on black friday for only 99$ gonna grab that.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There's always the occasional exception or crazy sale, but generally speaking if you spend under $100 on a motherboard you're getting a piece of crap. I'd be VERY wary of any mobo that is significantly under $100.
Gotcha.

My observation wasn't about the price point of the mobo itself, but that the mobo/processor/graphics card were all in the same price range, but building with future upgrades in mind makes sense.

I was assuming the processor being the baseline price, the mobo being half that and the graphics card being twice that, but my budget might not accommodate that line of thought.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Got the gtx 760 from amazon and to top it all off...

Your new GeForce GTX graphics card just earned you free Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag and Splinter Cell:Black List games.

guess they had a promotion I did not know about
smile.png

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I wouldn't buy a sandforce drive unless it was made by Intel. Get a Samsung Evo or a Crucial M500.
Can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree. If you're going to get a SSD you really cannot go wrong with Samsung (840 Pro for max speed, EVO for value) or Crucial (M500 again for value). Both companies make a damn good SSD product.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
That is a solid build.

You will notice very little difference between PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 3.0 (sometimes 2.0 you actually see a gain). The GPU will work in the 2.0 slot. See this article for reference:HARDOCP - Introduction - PCI Express 2.0 vs 3.0 GPU Gaming Performance Review

TLDR: You're good to go.