Desktop Computers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yea the greatest headache saver was getting a fosi dac and using the realtek toslink and not having to deal w/ weird phantom driver/noise/sound issues that prop up

i can hear sound on chrome but not firefox and videos don't play sound but i can zoom...
I've heard of issues like this, but Ive never, ever, experienced them. I used to be all into the Sound Blaster stuff, but the fuck if I can tell the difference now. Especially since its like two decades later and Im not ripping shitty low quality songs off Limewire or something. One thing I have been jealous of, just havent spent the time to look into what it is - Asmongold has some kind of way to lower the volume from different programs, and at the same time, increase the volume on others. I'd like whatever software that is, but again.. the mobo shit with nvidia handling the audio has been pretty smooth sailing for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
way to lower the volume from different programs, and at the same time, increase the volume on others

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 20-37-04 EarTrumpet.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I started building the PC, although I don't have all the parts yet (notably the GPU). Honestly, The Tower 200 is pretty fine to build in, especially for an M-ITX case. It feels like the perfect case size in the days where you aren't using large hard drives. Has enough space behind.

My only complaint is that the bracket to hold fans/radiator on the side, well it's wrong. You are supposed to mount AIO's with the tubes at the bottom because of air bubbles, but the holes are lined up so that you can only mount it with the tubes at the top. I did tubes at the bottom anyways, which just means I was only able to put 2 screws in the middle of the radiator to hold it to the bracket. Now while that's likely fine, it's kind of annoying. With tubes at the bottom I wasn't able to fit a fan on the bottom, so that might impact thermals some. I expect it will be okay though.

I went with one of the Be Quiet AIO's, it comes with a bottle of coolant that you can top of the coolant as needed (they recommend 2 years). I didn't know that, that's pretty neat.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Going to tweak my loop - switch to the alphacool aurora black on cpu and switch all the T30s to metal alphacool fans since they are a tad slimmer - id like to move the flow meter as well so fix up some of the runs.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks for the help everyone. New computer is fully operational. I tried to re-install windows on the NVME drive but the windows boot thumb drive I made didn't like that, so I just booted windows as normal and everything is perfectly fine.

Looks like it was just a DoA motherboard and I didn't damage anything else trying to get it to work. New computer purring like a kitten and running nice and cool. Time for some BG3!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
After starting to think about an upgrade the other day i've been toying around with a new build, think i'm gonna go with this 7800x3d and 7900xtx build.

If 4090s were closer in price i'd probably go with that but I dunno if I can justify the extra $800 or whatever for one. I'm assuming there won't be any significant savings to be had if I waited a few weeks for holiday deals so probably gonna order it for Thursday delivery.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

XPG 2TB GAMMIX S70 Blade - $104 -​

last i ran crystaldisk myself it outperformed the Samsung

Though i cant say much as i have 7TB of SN850X

• 1Like