Desktop Computers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but what do you do with old hardware? I don't want to turn it into some half assed PC to do something else with.

I've got thismotherboardwith a Core 2 Duo E4500, a GeForce 8600GT, and a Radeon HD 4830. I've just had them sitting in boxes for years.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4k gaming at >60 fps is just unreasonable on current hardware.
980 Ti should be released in the next month, let alone all the hype built up for Pascal.

Again, I do not care about the system price. I just want to have a nice desktop for my gaming and photography needs. Best of both worlds and no compromise.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but what do you do with old hardware? I don't want to turn it into some half assed PC to do something else with.

I've got thismotherboardwith a Core 2 Duo E4500, a GeForce 8600GT, and a Radeon HD 4830. I've just had them sitting in boxes for years.
There is a place near me that takes old hardware, checks out if it works or not then sets it up for schools and places like that. If it doesn't work I believe they harvest the metals and what not.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

You can find a home for all sorts of old hardware. Any modern hardware (xp or later) that can run a web browser and drive a display can be repurposed for something. I've sold tons of old systems for decent money.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Interesting. So these are legit, legal, valid keys? If so, mind explaining to me how this works, and/or how it's possible?
Yes, they are legit keys. Most of them buy bulk codes at wholesale prices (I think?...)

I've bought around 20 keys now from there and every single one of them has worked. My oldest keys are well over a year old now and haven't stopped working.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
Legit as in they work is not the same as legit as in legal. MS doesn't sell individual retail keys for those prices no matter the quantity. These are probably some form of volume licensing keys that allow up to 500 activations and they are being illegally sold.

Silence_sl

shitlord
New 4790K + 250GB EVO 850 + Windows 8.1 = FAST, no lag anywhere.This thing is wickedly responsive. Also really SMOOTH at ALL Times SMOOTH gaming at 19x12 with an EVGA GTX 970.

The only drawback is that I should have done this when the 4790K came out.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Guess I know what im getting in a month or so. Though linus is right, what the hell is the point of the 980 and Titan X with this card? Nvidia plan on discontinuing 980 production or something?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've got like 4 days left on my 30 day return window for my GTX 980, heh.