Desktop Computers

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Thanks guys. I ended up picking it up and it was super clean. Running it now with no problems. I even got him to send me an abbreviated invoice from Amazon so that I can collect on the warranty if necessary.

Now to figure out which game to use to put it through its paces.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think in general you're probably safer with used nVidia cards than AMD. The AMDs have always evidently been the best price/performance choice for mining specifically, for some reason. Probably because they have a much higher output of tflops per $ than nVidia, it just doesn't translate into gaming performance.

I bought a used 6870 off of eBay about 5 years ago for my first attempt at Crossfire and it came out of the box with this funky burned smell to it, and although it would perform at stock settings relatively decently, any attempts at overclocking or Crossfire would cause instant blue screen. Someone had cooked the shit out of it before selling it, and eBay was useless in helping me recover my funds.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looking for good advice on a replacement keyboard/mouse - gaming obviously. I spilled (lol) beer on mine.

Been eyeing some things - looks like the Logitech G900 series is a good gaming mouse albeit 119. Not sure on Keyboard - but if there are less expensive options people here love I would like to hear :)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol, god damn Ut. I think you need to get something water proof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone got any recommendations for cheap(er) gaming headsets? I had a pair of Siberia v2's for a long time but the left earpiece went out. Probably looking for something in the $40-60 range at most (mostly because I don't trust these things to last, so I'm not dropping $100+).

Looked for lists online and the HyperX Cloud Stinger had some decent reviews, as well as some of the Razer's. If anyone's bought anything like that and liked em though, let me know!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone got any recommendations for cheap(er) gaming headsets? I had a pair of Siberia v2's for a long time but the left earpiece went out. Probably looking for something in the $40-60 range at most (mostly because I don't trust these things to last, so I'm not dropping $100+).

Looked for lists online and the HyperX Cloud Stinger had some decent reviews, as well as some of the Razer's. If anyone's bought anything like that and liked em though, let me know!

Ive been using my sony golds from PS4 and they work perfect. $70-80 but you can find them cheaper too. They are usb dongle wireless with about 4-5 hrs battery, but I always just leave mine plugged in. They sound great too mike works great, fully adjustable. Both my kids use them to.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ive been using my sony golds from PS4 and they work perfect. $70-80 but you can find them cheaper too. They are usb dongle wireless with about 4-5 hrs battery, but I always just leave mine plugged in. They sound great too mike works great, fully adjustable. Both my kids use them to.

Yeah I love my Sony Gold headset. Although for my PC I use my Bose Noise Cancelling headphones and a desktop mic.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I just replaced my SteelSeries Sensei mouse with a Zowie FK1. I don't like to have 400 buttons on my mouse. It is very similar to the Sensei so there wasn't much of a "feel" change to it, and a large percentage of pro/good/well known? CSGO players use Zowie's (see here). But I don't know shit about mice (meece), I just figured it couldn't be too bad of an idea if that many people who are actually good at FPS games use them.

They're priced pretty reasonable at $60.

Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (I know very little about keyboards but I've been pretty happy with this keyboard. Got it on sale.)

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Bit the bullet and am doing a rebuild of my main computer @home. i am going ryzen for the build. will tell you what i think in a week or so.

bought an amd r5 1600 cpu with an msi mobo and 16 gig corsair ddr4 3200 (checked the mobo compatibility chart for the model i bought-and this speed is compatible and usable on the mobo@that speed) a fractal design case and a 1070 6gig video card.

my old case mobo (except for the hard drives which i am going to switch out to new computer) is going to my son to upgrade HIS computer (his is like 6-8 yrs old) his computer i am just going to xfer the windows to a new 250gig ssd and games to the 2tb hdd.

total ended up being just over 1100.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Just buy some real quality headphones that fit better and will last longer and use a Lapel Mic

You can either attach the mic to your shirt, or attach it to the wire on the headset.

I've been using my audio techica ad700's for well over 10years, the wire is thick as shit and i musta run over it at least 1000x, comfortable as hell, they don't seem to be made anymore, but i'm also not an audiophile, so i'm sure you can fine a good pro audio headset + that lapel mic and it'll last you.

• 1Like