Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing is badass. Your fucking girl deserves a second ring.

I just bought myself a 32" dell 1080p monitor I saw at costco for $170. Yeah its 1080p, but its fucking nice. IPS too. Lately I have been using my comp in my family room to watch movies, twitch, shit liek that, but the 24 was too small. The 32 is perfect.

I was going to just buy a long hdmi to connect to my TV which is in the room too, but I said fuck it and bought it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So freesync 2 is an AMD version of g-sync? Monitor is freaking awesome, second ring indeed

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So freesync 2 is an AMD version of g-sync? Monitor is freaking awesome, second ring indeed

From what I've read, freesync 2 is the amd version of g-sync plus the added feature of it making HDR function much much more efficiently. To be honest I had never heard of it until this showed up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 160588 View attachment 160589 I showed my fiance this ridiculous monitor last week for a laugh. So happens my birthday was this past weekend and she up and bought it for me. Thing is unreal.

It has free sync 2 capability, but unfortunately? I have a nvidia card. Just went and looked to see what card prices are now and am kind of pissed and cant come to terms with paying those premium prices.

Edit - 2nd pic didnt have display settings set correctly.
Is that a 32" curved? Link?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 160588 View attachment 160589 I showed my fiance this ridiculous monitor last week for a laugh. So happens my birthday was this past weekend and she up and bought it for me. Thing is unreal.

It has free sync 2 capability, but unfortunately? I have a nvidia card. Just went and looked to see what card prices are now and am kind of pissed and cant come to terms with paying those premium prices.

What monitor are we looking at? I like your setup! Impressive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that monitor is just 2x 1920x1080 monitors stuck together. Not very high res, and a heck of a weird aspect ratio. Certainly really good for some applications though, but really odd for others.

• 1Solidarity

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Missed that!

Man, dare I say that might be too wide?

That's what I thought at first. Stuff like Dota it seems to curve and bend the picture to the point of making me dizzy. at 21:9 it's perfect though. Resident Evil 7 on the other hand looks amazing to the point where it's the closest thing to pseudo VR i've seen that doesn't require wearing goggles because it pretty much consumes your entire view. It's nice when I'm actually doing work on it as it comes with specific software for the monitor that lets you dock windows in a much more custom fashion than the way window snaps windows together. (I'm sure there's other 3rd party software that does this though)

The problem is that monitor is just 2x 1920x1080 monitors stuck together. Not very high res, and a heck of a weird aspect ratio. Certainly really good for some applications though, but really odd for others.

As for the resolution, I was using a BenQ's before hand which provided better resolution. I told myself if the resolution caused me not to like it enough I'd return it and go back to the BenQ, but after RE7 I was sold. You can say it's equivalent to 2 1920x10800 from a numbers perspective, but playing games on 2 monitors with bezels in between is just not the same as this.

Or I may just be overcompensating for other stuff. :D

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Id get a better L shaped desk;

https://www.amazon.com/ModernLuxe-W...e=UTF8&qid=1517453353&sr=8-11&keywords=l+desk

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I updated to the latest of Win 10, and my performance has gone to shit?

I had to update my video drivers, as those were immediately fucked, but I still see bad performance hit in older games like Diablo 3? I tried Googling, but wasn't really seeing an answer. Just the way it is?