Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this is mine in work mode. After I moved my personal PC across the room to avoid the overheating issue on my Radeon Vega. I don't want no complex shit.

Thank god the 2070 Super runs a solid 15-20C cooler than the Vega did. As you can see even in the AM the room is 77F.

View attachment 273633
I have that minsc pop too. Excellent choice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my desk is a bit of a cluster fuck right now but both PCs are on one desk. If this becomes permanent I'm gonna have to get one of those mounts for my work monitors that is vertical
IMG_20200529_153613.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally finished everything up, ended up finding her a preowned 1080ti since the 5700XT was being weird in the new build. Ordered some rainbow rgb cables to be here sunday to clean up the inside a bit.

310D01C0-1D97-46D9-8DD0-5EF603F60F83.jpeg

37165F10-2784-4887-B311-1BFD2BE408BA.jpeg

FE655A3C-2F1C-4063-ACAA-5A2DADDD83E2.jpeg

4E8549F2-BC0B-48D0-B49E-B537D7CAC886.jpeg

AAF3D5E9-99A3-44ED-9C1D-6CE7E3E9B798.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've historically been very against rgb setups but I'm coming around to them. Some are very cool.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looking for a 27" 1440p monitor that would match my LG 27GL83A-B - just a 60Hz cheaper second monitor. I can't deal with the 24" 1080p secondary monitor, it's too jarring.

Any ideas? I don't know the LG models that well, but if it were another LG that'd be nice

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a 27" 1440p monitor that would match my LG 27GL83A-B - just a 60Hz cheaper second monitor. I can't deal with the 24" 1080p secondary monitor, it's too jarring.

Any ideas? I don't know the LG models that well, but if it were another LG that'd be nice
The Dell U2719D is probably the best 27in 1440p 60hz monitor, maybe you could get one cheap from Dell.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone explain this to me? Warning I get on pcpartpicker when I check certain PSUs.

"The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the XXX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

So I need to be sure any psu I get has the the extra ATX connector?

I ran into this problem with the most recent build for my neighbor. After diving into research on it - Yes. It's there just for supplemental power, ideally for OC'ing like Noodle said. I also ran into the problem of the PSU not having the additional 4 plug connector as well. I was under the impression that I needed that extra source plugged in regardless of OC'ing or not. So I bought a Molex to 4 pin 12V and it worked like a charm. Theyre like 8 bucks w/Amazon. The MSI 470X mobo that he chose to use out of simply not having the Mobo of choice (shipping and availability restraints on the rest) - comes with so much OC'ing stuff, much less the EVGA case that he bought along with it - that really, mild OC'ing is so simple that there is no reason not to do it, at least if you have proper cooling.

Interesting a 200-300mhz upgrade doesn't seem, worth it currently.

Wonder how much longer till Carbon Nano-tubes or Graphene are gonna start being used for them.

If I had another 300mhz to add to each core on mine, that would be pretty significant with the amount of cores I have. I just think it's worth it personally, as long as the price is within reason.

2070 super installed.

It does run SIGNIFICANTLY colder than my Vega did. Right now its sitting at 39-42C. The Vega was always at at least 55C no matter what you were doing.

I put the 2080 I bought a few pages back into my neighbors build for a bit of pocket change extra - I put a dual fan 2070 Super from Asus into my g/f's. The reviews make the tri-fan model seem only marginally better, but I essentially just went with what was available anyways. With a 2070 Super, a 3700x AMD, and OC'd Trident ram - the inside of the case stays significantly cooler than the PC I use. She hovers around 44 degrees on all components, where Im closer to 58 with a 1080ti and older Intel. Noise level though? I'm sure the tri-fan design of the VC is much quieter than her dual fan VC. I rarely hear any fans in the rest of her case get to peak RPM.

Xexx Xexx My favorite part is that its probably a 2-3k computer and she's playing WoW. lul

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks, I ended up finding a PSU that has the extra connector anyway. Got lucky with how much of a pita PSUs are, but RAM is going on sale like crazy if anyone is looking to pick up another kit.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks, I ended up finding a PSU that has the extra connector anyway. Got lucky with how much of a pita PSUs are, but RAM is going on sale like crazy if anyone is looking to pick up another kit.
I actually just bought some yesterday. Time to go up to 32gb

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Shitty RAM is going on sale. Good B-die memory with good timings is really not...

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

lmao ... at least he owned it.
I recently became a fan of LTT, I like the guy because he comes off as a genuinely nice guy and very knowledgeable. The fact that he owns it like this only makes me like him more. We all have bad moments, we all fuck up, none of us deserve to be judged for those isolated moments (barring murder, rape, pedo) for the rest of our lives.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users