Desktop Dungeons

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grimsark

I played the original freeware version quite a bit some time ago, but I have not played this version of the game in a year.
I recently revisited the official page and they have been at work. Slowly, but surely.

From the looks of it, you can play free till next week.

Its a solid game, very rogue like with a twist. Very much like something I have been turning over in my head for many years, but never managed to do anything with.

This video can give you a good indication of how deep the strategies get.
By popular complaint I am noting that the actual play doesnt really start till around the 12:30 mark

Official Page:
http://www.desktopdungeons.net/

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bad video to advertise this. 7 minutes in and he hasn't played the game yet, just restarted and mispronounced piety over and over again because he wants a specific god?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that video was ass. Never show restarting over and over again as a selling point.

I played the alpha a little and it is kind of fun. Nothing earth-shattering by any means, but it is pretty much what it says it is, a desktop dungeon. The n00b dungeon was nothing special, but it seems you unlock stuff over time, and I'd imagine the dungeons get bigger and/or deeper. First one was just one level, but I can't imagine it staying that way throughout.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fun game, I like the town hub/building addition even if it is just used in a way to unlock new races/classes.

Grimsark

Its hard to imagine that game started as a splat fest, beat it as fast as you can, game with a target time per level of less than 10 minutes.
Definitely an easy to learn, hard to master, game.

Also, sorry for not mentioning the videos slow start. It is the deepest strategery* I have seen played out on the game yet though.