Desktop Picture Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What's the deal with that monitor on the right? It looks totally strange to me.
It's just a TV turned on it's side to be used in portrait mode(taller than it is wide) rather than landscape mode. That's actually a nice orientation for reading websites(think of your phone/tablet, it's set up with similar dimensions.

Still though, if thats actually a TV and not a nice monitor, 1080p TVs that large, and that close, are going to have a real shitty DPI and look pretty pixelated.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
So many clean desks. This is mine after a weekend of "usage"

MAGdg3rl.jpg

and the insides
ZIiC32Dl.jpg

You're looking at a 27" korean + i5-2300 / 6950 modded and other misc crap.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
OK, that's messier than mine, even...

PC1.png

Alienware M17x R2 (center) and M11x R3 (left). The M17x is i7 920XM @ 2.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 5870 x2 CF.

The M11x isn't much of a gaming laptop -- i7 2617M @ 1.5GHz, 16GB DDR3, nVidia 540M + Intel 3000, but it'll do in a pinch if I'm travelling. I don't like to bring the M17x anywhere given its size/weight. It's a fairly capable gaming machine if you remember that its display is 1366x768.

Oh, and ignore the BlackBerry. It's from work. I would never have spent good money on that piece of shit.

PC2.png

Not visible below the desk, my file/virtualization server. i7 3930K @ 3,2GHz, 64GB DDR3, Quadro 2000 GPU (no gaming on this, but decent for GPGPU -- it's a server, not a gaming box). eSATA cage on top for backups plus a USB3 drive for my torrent seedbox VM (that I don't use anymore now that I moved to whatbox).

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_15287.jpg

Well it came yesterday switch out the previous eyefinity system to one 30" monitor.. I like it better maybe it just the 2560 x 1600 res, I don't really miss the side screens as much as thought I would but do miss them a little.

and an other note some of you people got piss poor wiring jobs just pick a monster wire cable it kit or some cheap sleeves bundles those wires.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep, the wiring in my server sucks. I'll get to it when I get to it. Heat isn't an issue and the wiring isn't visible with the case closed, so it's not all that important to me.

That, and I just swapped out the motherboard a week ago, so I was in a hurry to get it back up and running. Got 10-15 VMs running on that thing at any one time, so when it's down, it's very annoying.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find it funny that you took a shitty cellphone pic with your nice camera on the desk.

K13R

I find it funny that you took a shitty cellphone pic with your nice camera on the desk.
Couldn't find the stupid cord so I said fuck it and grab my cell phone. I'm just very anal about wiring in the case it not done until the wires are bundled and to honest that takes the longest part on a build.

In case anyone wonders the difference between the 2 below is some screens to 2560 x 1600 bottom is eyefinity 3 x 1920 x 1080p

rrr_img_15288.jpg
rrr_img_15289.jpg

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
New rig. Oh, this is gonna be fun. Also, better cable management on this one!

rrr_img_19515.jpg

CPU cooler up closer. God, when did these things get so mammoth? Good thing I didn't put much RAM in there.

rrr_img_19514.jpg

Definitely wishing I'd bought a bigger case at this point, though. Cooling's fine for the moment, it's just really tight.

K13R

For on air cooling esp with tri fire haven't found a better case then the haf x. Had comos prior wasn't cutting it. I love the haf x. I grew wary of those monster air coolers and not really in the mood to do an open loop water system. So I stuck a antec 920 in it is an expensive soultion but didn't what a monster cooler.

Nice rig excellent wire managment esp in a small case very clean.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You guys make me feel inadequate. My definition of cable management is "the cables are connected, and fit within the case."