Desktop Picture Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Computer e-peen thread, post your fancy PC and desk setup. Mine isn't bleeding edge, built it about a year and a half ago.... and it also needs a good dusting.

rrr_img_14344.jpg

Asus 120hz monitor
SS 6gv2 Mechanical Keyboard
SS Siberia headset
SS Kinzu v2 Pro mouse, I also use my Logitech G400
Puretrak Talent mouse pad

rrr_img_14345.jpg

Corsair 600T case
Core i7 950
6gb RAM
GTX 570

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_14364.jpg
rrr_img_14357.jpg
rrr_img_14358.jpg

Getting rid of the eyefinity for a dell 30" single if I don't like it I switch back to eyefinity but grow wery of some game support it or waiting for 3 party might just end up doing 3 x 30

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
looks awesome but just seems like way too much monitor, would a game spread across all 3 of those?(sorry dont crucify me i use 1 monitor)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
rrr_img_14386.jpg

3x27" at 1920x1080 each. 2x Dell IPS and one shitty HP monitor that I had to use because I couldn't sync up my other 27"
1x27 at 2560x1400

I want to mount the loan monitor above my triple set up, but I don't have the mounts for it right now and don't feel like spending the money.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you post your setup at hardforum Draegan? Could have sworn I seen it before with the same Ikea desk / triple monitor with samsung TV on the wall.

K13R

3x27" at 1920x1080 each. 2x Dell IPS and one shitty HP monitor that I had to use because I couldn't sync up my other 27"
1x27 at 2560x1400

I want to mount the loan monitor above my triple set up, but I don't have the mounts for it right now and don't feel like spending the money.
Just curious you like the 3 * 1080 vs one big one I just pulled the trigger on zr30w 30" hp at 1600 I beginning to wonder if that was wise choice. Just getting wery of games not optimized for eyefinity/surround plus the ponies it take to run em at even medium eyecandy. As you can see Im pushing 3 x 6970 in trifire not to mention most games are not even close with there trifire optimization so I usally end up using 2 but with a split load..

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Triple monitors would be nice for MMO's. I think I'm just too much of an fps whore, getting a true 120 frames per second really does make a difference in twitch games. Even in regular games like Skyrim or Dota 2 it is definitely noticeable. And I still haven't tried the G19 keyboard, do you guys really use the macros often?

K13R

Triple monitors would be nice for MMO's. I think I'm just too much of an fps whore, getting a true 120 frames per second really does make a difference in twitch games. Even in regular games like Skyrim or Dota 2 it is definitely noticeable. And I still haven't tried the G19 keyboard, do you guys really use the macros often?
Yeah thats all I use it for that and typing rubbish here lcd is nice also. I use the z board and naga for controling my toon..

3 screens in fps is huge as it opens your fov to 180 vs 60 I think that out weighs 120FPS very immersive not as smooth but frist game I played on eyefinity was dead space 2. I had the wet farts from beginning to end.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've had both, I like trip monitors, but I don't have the cash for the extended resolution monitors like that. I'm not an FPS guy either so I can't comment.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
IMAG0301.jpg

Picture is a few months old, but that is my basic setup. The 2 monitors are both 28" 1900x1200 monitors, bought them a couple years ago before those Korean monitors were really available(or at least before I knew about them). Right now I'm trying to decide whether to add a 3rd of the same I already have, or scrap it all and start over with the awesome Korean monitors(of which I'd probably only be able to buy 2 right off the bat).

The only significant peripheral/accessory I've added to the mix since that picture was taken was a Herman Miller Aeron chair(and I love that sonofabitch...so comfy)

And yeah, the monitor backgrounds arent very exciting, but my only requirement is that the damn things stay dark most of the time, so I tend to go with blacks and blues. Nothing worse than sitting in a dark room with 2 blindingly bright monitors right in your face if you background has a lot of white or bright colors in it.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is not mine but I dream it will be one day. Seriously, I would live in this room.

rrr_img_14605.jpg

Blide_sl

shitlord
What's the deal with that monitor on the right? It looks totally strange to me.

And yeah, I agree the screen size is way too big. I couldn't imagine having anything larger than ~30" and even that seems a bit large to me.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ah, that moment where you realize you aren't a gamer anymore and your rig(s) aren't worth showing off to anyone...