Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Finished campaign. Not bad, WQ still the best campaign this series has ever had.

Also, Bungie fuckin lied to us:

Strand DOES have grenades!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New mod system does not seem to have too much depth to it from just fucking around with it for a few today. I mean Im sure they will add to it over time. But ill take this new system over the old one any day. Doing away with the dumb energy on armor makes shit like 100% easier to do, plus add in the saved loadouts feature? It was such a pain in the ass the old way. Im sure we had many more options for builds but prob hardly anyone fucked with it aside making like one build and sticking with it or no lifing this game so hard that you had many, lol, or noobs just being so inundated with mods they never bothered. It was just such a hassle before, now hugely and bigly improved.

Few things that suck is getting rid of such main stays like high energy fire and the huntard +20 mobility mod. Also it seems like everything is tied to orb generation in this new system and it sucks running around picking them stupid things up ( but I guess we did that shit with the wells too so...) Im sure this will be more painful in higher end content where you cant just run ahead into danger to pick up an orb. IT would be nice if you generated an orb it would jsut drop right by you. Also what would be nice is them explaining with numbers what these mods do. For example I learned on the web today that if you stack 3 of the gun dmg ones you get 22%, its basically 10%, 17% and 22%. shit would be a lot nicer if they jsut put the damned numbers into the game. So now we have to wait for the numbers to come out with someone actually testing this shit. Also not sure WTF those sprites do.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also this new system of Guardian ranks, I get that the level you had past seasons didnt mean shit other than yeah I played a lot, but this new system is no better, everyone I saw is lv6 might rech higher levels, sure, but correct me if im wrong, it resets every season, lol, so its also essentially useless just like the old system of seasonal levels. I guess its just another thing to grind out, which is not bad per say but it sure does not speak to any skill level like they said it would.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Also this new system of Guardian ranks, I get that the level you had past seasons didnt mean shit other than yeah I played a lot, but this new system is no better, everyone I saw is lv6 might rech higher levels, sure, but correct me if im wrong, it resets every season, lol, so its also essentially useless just like the old system of seasonal levels. I guess its just another thing to grind out, which is not bad per say but it sure does not speak to any skill level like they said it would.

Anyone under level 6 will be a New Light. If you're over 6 you've done some stuff in the current season. As we've not finished out rank 7, we can't see what rank 8 has in store, so it could ramp up a great deal, in either difficulty or grindiness. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the upper ranks.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
MusicForFish MusicForFish and I ran tag team legendary campaign missions. After getting through a couple it felt like beating a boss on Elden ring each time lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This might be the worst expansion they have ton.

Ruined mods.
Ruined builds.
Ruined skills
Strand is trash.
Story is non existent
Nimbus is the worst character I’ve ever seen, and that’s nothing to do with being a they/them
The whole campaign is jerky, clunky, cringe diologue, feels like massive cut scenes were not included.

So basically Zavala was just sitting in the helm the whole
Campaign with the team? Why bring backZevrin when people are missing characters we actually care about.

No drifter no Erie no Elsie despite them being the darkness fire team.

Ending makes no sense this has less development to
The story than most seasonal passes.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This might be the worst expansion they have ton.

Ruined mods.
Ruined builds.
Ruined skills
Strand is trash.
Story is non existent
Nimbus is the worst character I’ve ever seen, and that’s nothing to do with being a they/them
The whole campaign is jerky, clunky, cringe diologue, feels like massive cut scenes were not included.

So basically Zavala was just sitting in the helm the whole
Campaign with the team? Why bring backZevrin when people are missing characters we actually care about.

No drifter no Erie no Elsie despite them being the darkness fire team.

Ending makes no sense this has less development to
The story than most seasonal passes.
Kind of how I felt. Really felt like team diversity hire had too much of a hand in this DLC. Nimbus is just a fucking joke of a character and has no business' even existing. Should have just had Rohan and left it at that.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Finished up the campaign on Legendary, solo. The final fight was extremely difficult for me, much harder than WQ's final.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have not had much time yet to play through the whole thing yet, only the first few missions so I cant comment, but damn, Reddit is tearing this expansions apart. Lots of pissed off people. LOL WTF Bungie?

Im not much of a story guy to begin with so I really dont give a shit other than the overall arching story which I follow. Im here for the grind, boys. Although I did fall asleep to a few Byf videos so I did try. I liked the whole story arch on the 2 sisters and Oryx, Book of Sorrows?. That one really stood out.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On my kids account during witch queen I just did strikes. Strikes get you up to soft cap pretty fast. I know, boring, but it works. Past the soft cap you do powerfuls and save the pinnacles for the end. They have a web site that basically tells you what to do in order so you do it as efficiently as possible, but name escapes me. Do a google search for it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not one of the purple
Weapons launched with this expansion are a new weapon( every single one is a reskin of older content

A loot shooter where there isn’t loot.

A game that is only set apart by its abilities and classes being stripped down and forced into a generic FPS.

An expansion labeled the beginning of the end in which the story that has been setting up for years is ignored abd we are thrown into a new arc

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not one of the purple
Weapons launched with this expansion are a new weapon( every single one is a reskin of older content

A loot shooter where there isn’t loot.

A game that is only set apart by its abilities and classes being stripped down and forced into a generic FPS.

An expansion labeled the beginning of the end in which the story that has been setting up for years is ignored abd we are thrown into a new arc
Not to mention like 3/4 of the weapons in this game are utter trash in pve content. Go try a pulse rifle against a red bar and compare that to any smg.

I’ve learned to live with the reskins, but you are absolutely right.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Not to mention like 3/4 of the weapons in this game are utter trash in pve content. Go try a pulse rifle against a red bar and compare that to any smg.

I’ve learned to live with the reskins, but you are absolutely right.
I'm not convinced the new code for the smg damage is working. They still hit like pebbles. I don't want to be locked to my pulse rifle, I want variety but they can't seem to unfuck that part cause of Nimbus. Fuck that guy. Fuck whoever coded xer. I didn't ask for a flirty Xhe to hit on me when I roll up for quests at a main hub.

Strand is cool but fuckin janky as fuck to use so far.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm not convinced the new code for the smg damage is working. They still hit like pebbles. I don't want to be locked to my pulse rifle, I want variety but they can't seem to unfuck that part cause of Nimbus. Fuck that guy. Fuck whoever coded xer. I didn't ask for a flirty Xhe to hit on me when I roll up for quests at a main hub.

Strand is cool but fuckin janky as fuck to use so far.
I mean, IDK what pulse youre using but I pulled out all sorts of guns last night during lego campaign first few missions to feel them out and the only decent feeling ones were ALWAYS SMG. Pulses felt like shit, like 10 bursts to kill a red bar, my favorite crafted Ammit from last season takes like 2 clips to kill any red bar. Hand cannons? Yeah didnt try those but from past experience they need to like 1 tap to the noggin to be even considered in PvE. Bows are always cool but not in solo type lego content that moves and rushes and overwhelms you so fast. Same with scouts.

Then they give us a an exotic stasis bow in the season pass when they are clearly concentrating on void and solar this season with the mods they gave us. I was really boggled by that one. Bow seems cool and all but why the fuck would use a stasis bow this season other than just fucking around.

And yeah you know my take on the whole woke bullshit. I dont give a fuck who you fuck, what you tuck, or what you snipped, keep that shit to yourself and just make good fucking games. You will gather more support and fanfare if you put out good shit rather than filling your game with cringe political BS that no one other than mentally ill care about.

Also from what I saw with strand so far its a fucking gimmick at best, even worse than stasis which can at least freeze some shit from time to time for some CC. this spider man shit I dont even know how the fuck you would use any of it in high end content or how its even adding anything useful to your gameplay. Plus from the sound of it its nothing like we got in the campaign. You put that shit on in normal land and youre stuck with 2min CDs on your grapples and I dont see any of those strand grapple points other than neuroma so far.

Last edited:

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I mean, IDK what pulse youre using but I pulled out all sorts of guns last night during lego campaign first few missions to feel them out and the only decent feeling ones were ALWAYS SMG. Pulses felt like shit, like 10 bursts to kill a red bar, my favorite crafted Ammit from last season takes like 2 clips to kill any red bar. Hand cannons? Yeah didnt try those but from past experience they need to like 1 tap to the noggin to be even considered in PvE. Bows are always cool but not in solo type lego content that moves and rushes and overwhelms you so fast. Same with scouts.

Then they give us a an exotic stasis bow in the season pass when they are clearly concentrating on void and solar this season with the mods they gave us. I was really boggled by that one. Bow seems cool and all but why the fuck would use a stasis bow this season other than just fucking around.

And yeah you know my take on the whole woke bullshit. I dont give a fuck who you fuck, what you tuck, or what you snipped, keep that shit to yourself and just make good fucking games. You will gather more support and fanfare if you put out good shit rather than filling your game with cringe that no one other than mentally ill care about.

Also from what I saw with strand so far its a fucking gimmick at best, even worse than stasis which can at least freeze some shit from time to time for some CC. this spider man shit I dont even know how the fuck you would use any of it in high end content or how its even adding anything useful to your gameplay. Plus from the sound of it its nothing like we got in the campaign. You put that shit on in normal land and youre stuck with 2min CDs on your grapples and I dont see any of those strand grapple points other than neuroma so far.
Ya, I was using my calus mini and it was shit, swapped to my syncopation and roflpwned content without issue.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
With lightfall did they remove the cap on all guns? Can I break out some of my oldie but goodies and upgrade them and be effective? I havent played since well before WQ if that matters. Actually with WQ didnt they add some type of weapon craft thing. Imagine i should be using that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No they jsut set all the guns in your inventory/vault to base 1600 I dont think they allow you to upgrade the sunset weapons. And yeah crafting was a thing this whole past year. We got some really good craftable guns. This year basically anything that drops with a red border can be crafted. Im not sure how they will handle last years craftables to be crafted or if its even possible.