Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haven't been following this, but was thinking of picking it up but couldn't believe that was true. Nothing "new" in a new game? I looked it up now, and it seems it is even made simpler than the first?

When reading on that page, it keeps saying "the changes are somewhat more subtle than before."

Subtle streamlined (simplified) changes to sub classes and no new classes doesn't exactly scream "2.0".

That's really my issue with it - It's extremely lazy. No new class? Tons of mob recycling? Hard for me to justify giving these guys money when they clearly don't give two fucks

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It is very pretty (not even on 4k here) but it is most definitely an 'expansion' and not a new title. What changes exist are functionally similar to the sorts of changes we see with new WoW expansions -- some details of the 'spec' is altered but the overall game engine and mechanics are exactly the same.

It so similar that it feels weird that they only have the 'expansion' zones in the new title and completely forgo all the content in Destiny 1. I suppose it makes sense from the concept of having a clean break with the rushed release and failed plotline of the first game, but it will feel like a strange deja vu I suspect.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Are they getting rid of Engrams in this game and adding player trading? Gun play didn't feel terrible, but was a bit heavy. Definitely not seeing whats 2.0 about this.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Played through the first mission and strike last night...game feels dumbed down compared to D1(no stats(?), less perks on armor, subclasses seem more basic, etc). So far it's feeling more like a DLC than a new game.

Also, who balanced the new subclasses!? Regarding the new special abilities...Warlocks get a heal circle, Titans get an area shield, Hunters get....dodge lol

spronk

FPS noob
It would have been nice with a "reboot" to go for a completely clean reboot and move to a new time period. It kind of is off putting to "reset" everything in Destiny 2, ala you lose all the shit you built up in D1, but the only reason is technical not game/lore. I would have been much more on board with losing all the shit I built up in D1 if D2 moves forward 500 years, everyone is dead, blah blah blah blah. I would have even been ok with D2 being set at the time of the traveller arriving, although I don't really like prequels since we know where the world ends up.

re: 4v4, the biggest issue is that the maps have shrunk dramatically (so far, maybe there are large maps) and its becoming really obvious that 2 or 3 mediocre players can easily take out one good player. On paper that sounds like the smart thing; it encourages team play, no one person can be the superstar, etc. In practice however it just means there is only one strat to PVP now, go together in a herd and kill stuff together. Anyone who gets caught out alone is dead. In D1 I could do some outrageous crazy shit with specific loadouts, guns, etc to stay alive and it feels like thats gone. On the other hand no one figured out those strats on launch day of Destiny 1 so maybe it exists in D2 and will take time to find out. 6v6 is way more fun than 4v4 though I feel, just like 8v8 is more fun than 6v6 etc etc. The more people you encounter the greater possible skill gaps. 1 v 1 v 1 ... 99 times in PUBG is so fucking addictive.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played through the first mission and strike last night...game feels dumbed down compared to D1(no stats(?), less perks on armor, subclasses seem more basic, etc). So far it's feeling more like a DLC than a new game.

Also, who balanced the new subclasses!? Regarding the new special abilities...Warlocks get a heal circle, Titans get an area shield, Hunters get....dodge lol
The Hunter Dodge is linked with a couple passives that can buff melee attacks, which sounds good, but doesn't work if you can't one shot with melee all the time.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I was under the impression you lost all your previous shit because the 'light' from the Traveler was blocked or gone. Am I misinterpreting the point of that? Definitely feels like an expansion from the story, and not a new game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is the horse armor of sequel numbering isn't it

DLC now = new game

• 1Solidarity

sarthis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bungie is saying that some PVE changes have been made which aren't represented in the build used for the Beta.

I echo some of the sentiments here. It's much of what I had expected based on previous reading. I was surprised by the mobility/movement speed changes, though.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I really can't see giving them more money in support of this shit. Seriously grow some fucking balls and change the game in a meaningful manner.

• 1Solidarity

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm keeping my preorder because why not.

I tried to play control with a friend and got tilted my first game. Had to go into elimination to get calmed down. I'd be fine with everything if the gunplay was there but nothing I've used feels responsive. Even the non meta guns in D1 perform better than this shit. I keep telling myself they are trolling us with these guns but my rational side knows this is what it's going to be like.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm keeping my preorder because why not.

I tried to play control with a friend and got tilted my first game. Had to go into elimination to get calmed down. I'd be fine with everything if the gunplay was there but nothing I've used feels responsive. Even the non meta guns in D1 perform better than this shit. I keep telling myself they are trolling us with these guns but my rational side knows this is what it's going to be like.
Kinda agree, but only with the Hand Cannons / Scout Rifles I've used so far. The AR / Pulse Rifles feel good and I think the SMG will be fun to use.

Ladro

Anomaly
Played this with a couple friends and I agree that this is definitely Destiny 1.5 from a gameplay point of view, albeit a bit harder with the strike end boss; that felt like a raid boss to us. The engine however looks much much better and I can see a very noticeable difference between the two. That coupled with what I hope is a good story is enough for me to keep my preorder.

I didn't need them to completely redesign the game, I needed them to drop all of their ancient systems and internal processes that made it difficult to push new assets. Time will tell on the story and content, but thus far it looks good.

• 1Solidarity

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ign first video today about patrol. Looks like there will be a lot to do/explore and most of it looks casual enough to not need a premade fire team. I like the sound of that since most of my playtime right now is limited (i.e. No time to raid).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish they would have shown more of the landscapes, rather than concentrate on the activities. The map seemed to show that this patrol will be just like all the ones in D1, just with longer tunnels linking larger event areas. Still hoping it will end up being more "open" world-ish.