Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
check your PS4 collection?

Think it's because I ordered the PC version off of amazon before the whole battle net thing. Probalby user error. Just have to wait for my XBOX code from Amazon and that doesn't start till tomorrow. Yes I said Xbox people, FUUUUU!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Think it's because I ordered the PC version off of amazon before the whole battle net thing. Probalby user error. Just have to wait for my XBOX code from Amazon and that doesn't start till tomorrow. Yes I said Xbox people, FUUUUU!
More jew trickery.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I had to skip Destiny 1 because it never released on PC, can't wait to play D2. Shame PC won't get to visit all that original content though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wont even touch the PC version because of all the missing exclusive content. PS4 with XIM4 for me all the way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What missing content?

Well usually PS4 gets one extra dungeon per expansion, major or minor, plus extra exclusive gear and guns. Like Hawkmoon and others. It does nto sond like much, but it adds up and more content is more content. I remember Xbox peeps bitching all the time about it. And its not like a few weeks, like most exclusive shit is in other games, its an entire year.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Plus I think, like all shooters, it will die a slow death on PC with lack of peeps playing between releases, not so much on consoles. I will still probably pick it up for shits and giggles though and see how it plays.

spronk

FPS noob
Played the opening mission, the only strike you can play, and one game of casual PVP. Its Destiny 1.5, not really Destiny 2. It felt VERY much like the taken king intro mission, but now with Cabal instead of Taken. Same old shtick too - shits fucked, you go in and solo save the day. The one cool part, where you are basically doing a public quest during the mission, was short and kinda boring but I would have loved MORE of that kind of team up with NPCs to wreck shit instead of 1 man army stuff.

They have nerfed the hell out of cool stuff in the name of PVP, unfortunately. So all PVP 1 shot weapons go into the "heavy" slot, including sniper rifles and fusion rifles. Whicih means you will never use fusion or sniper in PVE, why bother instead of a rocket launcher or LMG? Powers all feel kinda simpler/weaker, although captain america titan is pretty fun.

All in all its pretty much exactly what I expected, and its a bit disappointing. I'll still play it, but I expect it to get tossed back into the "login once in a while to fuck around in PVP" game pile much faster than any part of Destiny 1 did. I'm hoping the story is interesting and thoughtful, but I am expecting it to be a bit boring.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Played the opening mission, the only strike you can play, and one game of casual PVP. Its Destiny 1.5, not really Destiny 2. It felt VERY much like the taken king intro mission, but now with Cabal instead of Taken. Same old shtick too - shits fucked, you go in and solo save the day. The one cool part, where you are basically doing a public quest during the mission, was short and kinda boring but I would have loved MORE of that kind of team up with NPCs to wreck shit instead of 1 man army stuff.

They have nerfed the hell out of cool stuff in the name of PVP, unfortunately. So all PVP 1 shot weapons go into the "heavy" slot, including sniper rifles and fusion rifles. Whicih means you will never use fusion or sniper in PVE, why bother instead of a rocket launcher or LMG? Powers all feel kinda simpler/weaker, although captain america titan is pretty fun.

All in all its pretty much exactly what I expected, and its a bit disappointing. I'll still play it, but I expect it to get tossed back into the "login once in a while to fuck around in PVP" game pile much faster than any part of Destiny 1 did. I'm hoping the story is interesting and thoughtful, but I am expecting it to be a bit boring.

I heard they're stripping out 30% of the content and selling it as DLC?

First one is $29.99 and is supposed to be released 12 hours after Destiny 2 launches. They're calling it "Loot Cave".

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Can you pre-order on Amazon, get the code, then cancel pre-order? No interest in playing on console again but want to get in on the action ri nao.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard you do that often enough on Amazon and they will just outright cancel your shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

I thought with the Fusion and Sniper going to Heavy its still one shot PVP, but to make up for it they jacked up the damage? I thought I read now for PVE its

Sniper - Super High Ranged Single Target
Rocket - High Radius and Splash Damage
LMG - Sustained High medium ranged damage
Fusion - Super High Close Damage

So basically if you want to Dump a ton of damage on a single boss, Sniper.

If you want to kill a bunch of shit in an area, Rocket

Want to mow down groups or do sustained boss damage at medium range , LMG

Want to Single shot high damage up close, Fusion .

All 4 would be viable in PVE in different scenarios while keeping one shot PVP in a single slot.

I like the idea, but Im not sure how I feel about the new options in the other 2 slots making up the difference. Like I dig the system idea of maybe a Hand Cannon for Precision damage in Kinetic, an Auto Rifle in Energy that is say Solar for use to melt a solar shield, and t hen super damage weapons in the Power slot. Its different but I think opens up alot of Build Ideas.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They had to do something about the specials though. It went from super powerful primaries, then they went through buff and nerf round robin on specials throughout D1. First it was the fusions, then the shottys, then it became sniper wars, where everyone was just using specials and no one even used primaries in PvP other than a few like perfect rolled handcannons and a few legendaries.

Just look at any streamer streaming trials, its all about the new icebreaker meta. No one uses anything but that. Because they nerfed the special ammo drops recently. Before this it was any purple high impact sniper, before that it was shottys. fucking dudes rushing you from corners and shotty your face off.

I think the problem all along with snipers was the aim assist coupled with no scope sway at all. That shit was stupid how you could just swipe snipe all day long. Dumb.