Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I only played a couple of games but the maps seemed smaller so it's not a whole lot of difference action wise.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I played two games of crucible. Maps seem smaller but action is fairly consistant. What seems an issue is individual skill matters way more and getting a kill and making the numbers uneven seems to really start a steam roll. You all are 4 together vs people spawning in at more random places. Not saying you can't beat that. But, one guy fucking off doing his own thing seems to put you at more of a disadvantage than it did before.

Might change, and this was just some games on control. Will report back after more rounds.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What a disappointment. Not really surprised though after whats already been shown. Calling it Destiny 1.5 is being generous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
In PVP ttk is a lot higher now and teamkills/teamwork is far more important now than D1. Whereas before you could be the lone wolf guy killing people 1 by 1, its just a lot harder pulling that off it seems. 4v4 also kinda sucks imo, i really liked more people in the maps to give it that clusterfuck feeling and 4v4 feels too small/cramped.

Good for competitive scene and 2-4 people queuing together, bad for solo queuers I think. Ultimately the latter far outweighs the former numbers wise, so it'll be interesting to see if bungie scrambles post launch.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I tried it. Had fun. It has the same intense moment to moment gameplay.. If it's D1.5.. I'm ok with that.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've got 700ish hours in D1 pvp. Wasn't really impressed with the initial showing with this game.

Team shooting is going to be a bigger core in this game. I had a hard time just surviving a 1v2 let alone scoring a kill and escaping.

I felt like hand cannons was in a strange place compared to other weapons. Seems like pulses serve the purpose handcannons have in D1 and SMGs are the go to when you have a target weak and you need to push to finish them off.

The chage to special/heavy ammo feels about like I thought it would, feast or famine. I only played for a couple hours so I didn't manage to get a shotgun yet. The game should work alot better for me when I get one.

The overall slower gameplay is what put me off the most. I don't care for the ability spam simulator D1 has turned into, but this is certainly an extreme change. I'm sure after playing it for a month I'll adjust but I like the pace of D1 alot I just wish we had more variety. I hoped D2 would keep a similar pace and provide the variety I wanted and it might in due time with proper itemization who knows.

Oh and the radar, fuck the new rader. It shows alot less than D1 and it's harder to read and/or see. Crouching seems like it takes you off the rader longer too. I don't want fags crouching in the corner rewarded at all. It takes a while to come back after ads'ing as well. Gonna take alot of retraining of the brain to get used to this.

I could have played longer than 3 hours but I had no motivation to keep playing which really bothered me. Especially considering how bad I wanted to play this game.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Feels, even looks like an expansion. Somehow gun play feels a little bit worse and the mobs are all still massive bullet sponges. All in all, not surprised but a little disappointed. Bungies just mailing it in at this point.....

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The ghost is even worse than dinklebot if that's at all possible

• 1Smuggly

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Now comes the quick backpedaling "oh I mean all I ever expected was Destiny 1.5, best gaming experience of the decade!"

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I am happy so far. The mission was enough to get me wondering whats next. The gunplay feels a little different, and I am having a little bit of trouble putting my finger on it. For me, it seems that auto assist is turned down. The old 'drag it across his head, shoot while it sticks' bit feels like it isn't there as much. I don't know if thats just cause of the weapons we have in beta, or if its a conscious choice with the PC release coming up, but that made it feel a little odd. Especially with some of your spray weapons. So far, I am happy enough I will prolly be getting it and playing it. It will fill the same niche that it did before for me. A game that I play for a bit, put down and come back to later to play more. It was never something I could hard core grind, but I got a lot of fun and hours out of it just leaving and coming back whenever I felt the itch. Still think it was one of the better shooters on the playstation. Especially as I am allergic to the CoD series. Though, I miss BF Bad Company style.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i have one xbox code left, i'll hit you up in the morning
You da man.

Not sure what people were expecting from D2, let alone the Beta of it, I've enjoyed the few hours I've been playing on Ps4. What we've seen so far in terms of weapons / armor is pretty bare minimum, so I think alot of the disappointment might fade away once we get better gear and start getting better stat synergies. Consider the Strike, its pretty good and as a bonus there are other areas within the strike that you can go to, and at least 1 event you can do.

I haven't seen a bulletsponge mob at all, even the Strike boss isn't that bad and the encounter itself feels nice due to the changing environment. All the weapons I've acquired as a Warlock feel good, except the scout rifle, which feels pretty weak and its full auto is really strange; its like it double fires, then single, then double.. not a steady fire rate like other full auto scouts at all.

No real complaints here other than I wish we had either a patrol, a second mission or another strike.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Gunplay feels off compared to D1. I didn't get too far because the section where you defend with Zavala wouldn't let me advance, so after I killed enemies for a bit I just logged off. The new little shield you can hide behind for the Titan is pretty nice.

• 1Like

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
In regards to the gunplay I gave it a pass at the moment in hopes it's just the guns we have access to. Going from having every meta archtype godrolled to anything else is going to seem off. If not then having the leveling process to adjust to the new gunplay should be enough to fix it.

I won't be able to get over the radar though. I saw the problem in the streamer footage and confirmed it with my own play testing. Hopefully this weekend I can get a shotgun to murder people with.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So basically this is the game we should have gotten for D1, but they short changed us to allow older gen systems to work o nthe game, and fucked their own story.

So we shouldnt expect anything good until D3, but by then they will have fucked the whole thing up so badly that it will never live to the original hype or plans.

Well, shit. But ill still play it. Ugh

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still think the 4v4 model they are pushing was a mistake. I liked the 6v6 and even hoped they went big-time and introduced some bigger PvP shit like 8v8 or 12v12 now that the old consoles are finally dead, maybe even with some PvE mixed in, kind of like Alterac Valley race type shit. Would be cool for a game like this IMO. something different other than capture and hold the point, CTF and TDM type shit.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I agree about the gunplay. Was the most noticeable part of playing the beta. Didn't feel as crisp as Destiny 1. Hopefully it was just the shitty weapons I had access to. If not they took the best part of D1 and made it thoroughly unimpressive in D2.