Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well they were saying that they will add Vault of Glass back in so there is that. I know that was mentioned. That was on Venus? Right?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, could be. I think my favorite planet in D2 has always been Nessus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I'm ready. It sounds like a massive expansion when you look at how much disk space it's increasing, especially when you consider they are removing 4 planets.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok, a mother question for you guys. What was your favorite season, content wise this past year? For me, I really enjoyed the forge thing and second was the menagerie stuff. All the others were kinda lame IMO.

Last edited:

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Probably the forge. The drip feed of content burnt me out quick, along with the kill 500 (insert mob here) quests.
I used to play this game a lot but since Bungie broke away from Activision it feels like going to a second job. Going to wait for some reviews to pull the trigger on Beyond Light.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I def dont like the bounty=exp shit they added in. I wanna play Destiny the way I want to play it, not how some bounty wants me to play it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I def dont like the bounty=exp shit they added in. I wanna play Destiny the way I want to play it, not how some bounty wants me to play it.
I mean... the XP gets you season ranks and gets you engrams later... you don't have to if you are playing enough?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I definitely wish they would focus more on building compelling content than random bounties. Things like all of the dungeons they've released, more raids and strikes. I would really love to see this game blossom into a full time MMO replacement, instead of my side rpg-shooter.

I'd really like for them to focus more on building up an emphasis on clans, I feel like they have a lot they could do to make it a more meaningful aspect to the game.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So spronk spronk mentioned this was coming to the Xbox game pass in another thread. How is that going to work in terms of account sharing? Can I use my same Steam account on Xbox? Or is it completely separate, and always will be?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
So spronk spronk mentioned this was coming to the Xbox game pass in another thread. How is that going to work in terms of account sharing? Can I use my same Steam account on Xbox? Or is it completely separate, and always will be?

It's called Cross-Save, and it's easy to set up, but you can only use one accounts characters. So if you play only on Steam, you can then use your Steam characters on Xbox. But if you play on both separately, it will overwrite one or the other.

Edit: How rare are Exotic engrams? I've been running Strikes like nonstop and haven't gotten one, I need it to complete an exotic quest step.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
It's called Cross-Save, and it's easy to set up, but you can only use one accounts characters. So if you play only on Steam, you can then use your Steam characters on Xbox. But if you play on both separately, it will overwrite one or the other.

Edit: How rare are Exotic engrams? I've been running Strikes like nonstop and haven't gotten one, I need it to complete an exotic quest step.
You might get 1 in like 8 hours kinda rare. Or 0 or 4.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

What kind of strikes? The harder the greater your chance

spronk

FPS noob

on destiny.net you "choose" which backend server to use as your cross save, and all progress on all platforms is done on that. So for example I have mine set to PS4. I've played the game on PC, PS4, xbox, and Stadia and they all use the same exact characters. I've never tried playing two platforms at once, not sure what happens. But I've played on stadia a bit, then run the xbox version a few hours later, and anything I did was carried over.

So you should be able to carry progression over seamlessly everywhere, i'll be playing a bit on xbox when the new xpansion or whatever launches since its "free" with gamepass. Any items you earn should carry over to steam, the only thing is I think certain zones, strikes, etc will only be accessible to platforms that have bought the new xpac.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

What kind of strikes? The harder the greater your chance
The weapons are really rare, random drops, but gear not so much. For instance there is 4 different "nigtfall" difficulties. If you run the highest difficulty that has matchmaking (this season its 1020 light level) you will get an exotic gear reward maybe 1 in 4? Which is not bad.The higher light level ones reward them even more but you have to make your own team in order to run them because they have no matchmaking.

Some of the exotic weapons you need to do quests for. Like Mida, malfesence, ace...

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The weapons are really rare, random drops, but gear not so much. For instance there is 4 different "nigtfall" difficulties. If you run the highest difficulty that has matchmaking (this season its 1020 light level) you will get an exotic gear reward maybe 1 in 4? Which is not bad.The higher light level ones reward them even more but you have to make your own team in order to run them because they have no matchmaking.

Some of the exotic weapons you need to do quests for. Like Mida, malfesence, ace...

I'm only 1009 Light right now, and running the "Heroic" 1020 in a PUG is painful... for my team mates to deal with how shitty I am.

I have the Mida Multitool, and a few other exotic weapons, I just want the damn Exotic Engram so I can reach the next step of the Sturm mission. Unless that has to come SPECIFICALLY from Nessus, in which case fuck that quest I don't even really want Sturm.

I'm actually pretty happy with a few of the Masterwork legendaries I have, they fit my playstyle better.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I'm only 1009 Light right now, and running the "Heroic" 1020 in a PUG is painful... for my team mates to deal with how shitty I am.

I have the Mida Multitool, and a few other exotic weapons, I just want the damn Exotic Engram so I can reach the next step of the Sturm mission. Unless that has to come SPECIFICALLY from Nessus, in which case fuck that quest I don't even really want Sturm.

I'm actually pretty happy with a few of the Masterwork legendaries I have, they fit my playstyle better.
If that was the pistol one, its not worth it. I remember quitting this one I think

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The 110 handcannons are getting buffed next season, they are getting a range increase and being made 120 instead of 110. So it might be worth since Sturm is like one of the better 110s right now. As fort the side arm it comes with I remember doing that in like yr one when exotic engrams actually dropped. I think its hard to get one now since all exotic engrams auto decipher unless your engrams are full in your inventory so not sure how that quest works now. But the Sturm and Drang complement each other.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sturm is going to be part of the meta next season, BET.

Aamry Aamry Your best chance of random exotics each week will be from your weekly milestone challenges. Anything on your map with a gold star will have a boosted exotic possibility. I often get them from the weekly vanguard and crucible milestones.

Anybody that has been asking for difficult content, man, run a grand master NF. I completed two of them yesterday for the first time and it was so fun. It's crazy beating a strike and seeing two exotics plus 5 more exotic mats flood your screen. Could get addicted to that.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The dark engrams and decrypting them also gave me many exotics too. Last time I handed in a full inventory of them I got 2 exotics. But this was after not playing for a couple of weeks. I have no science to back this up only what I see but it seems this game has some algorithm that gives you more exotic rewards the longer you are away from it and come back to play.