Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've run everything in the game up to the Heroic Weekly strike - No, they don't. They get resistances, the lesser adds get affixes (more aggressive, adds do more melee dmg etc) but the basic mechanics never change. That's a pretty big issue to me, and something I hope they learn from.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not sure I got anything from all those redeem codes. Where should those items be?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a fun L23 Strike the other night where there were two Titans and 1 warlock (I think). Both of us Titans were Striker specced and this was devils lair. We kept chaining off each other's orbs of light and were able Fist Of Havoc our way into every room one after the other. Even the tank went down fast thought I think that was because we were all using the correct element (fire?). The last boss took forever though since none of us equipped void damaged which I think it is weak to.

Still I can't wait to see what happens when organized groups work together to chain orbs of light and specials. Defender Titan + Gift of the Void allows the bubble to generate Orbs of Light when it receives damage. I can't wait to get that talent and try it since the bubble takes an assload of damage when you pop it up during a boss fight. Boss fights would be a hell of a lot more fun if you could combo abilities to chain specials with a skilled group and end the boss fights earlier.

Also I want to see if a speed specced hunter Arc Blade group can chain arc blades off each other and clear missions out in record time.

Column_sl

shitlord
We run 2 titans, and one Sunsinger in my set group, and piledrive the strikes.
If you can communicate the cooldowns you do serious damage constantly.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Man, the luke warm response from the people reviewing this game kind of baffles me, especially seeing as how I'm REALLY enjoying this. I mean, sure, the game isn't exactly the life changing experience Bungie was hyping to up to be, but surely the game come out as way above average when actually judged on its own merits.

On the other hand though, I really hope this becomes sort of a Diablo 3 situation, where support for this game will even better after the current response it's getting, especially given the decade long plan they claim to have for the franchise.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We run 2 titans, and one Sunsinger in my set group, and piledrive the strikes.
If you can communicate the cooldowns you do serious damage constantly.
This is what I think bungie keeps talking about when it comes to end game. Without communication you can't pull that stuff off. It's not really gonna happen in a matchmaker. You need to have the right weapons BEFORE you start the strike/raid. And coordinating specials adds a whole new level of gameplay that is just not found pre lvl20

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is what I think bungie keeps talking about when it comes to end game. Without communication you can't pull that stuff off. It's not really gonna happen in a matchmaker. You need to have the right weapons BEFORE you start the strike/raid. And coordinating specials adds a whole new level of gameplay that is just not found pre lvl20
Did all clan fireteam last night for a daily strike and it is a world of difference even if you aren't coordinating every cooldown. Simple things like notifying everyone you are down so they be a little more careful. When adds pop up just in case of tunnel vision on boss.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man, the luke warm response from the people reviewing this game kind of baffles me, especially seeing as how I'm REALLY enjoying this. I mean, sure, the game isn't exactly the life changing experience Bungie was hyping to up to be, but surely the game come out as way above average when actually judged on its own merits.

On the other hand though, I really hope this becomes sort of a Diablo 3 situation, where support for this game will even better after the current response it's getting, especially given the decade long plan they claim to have for the franchise.
Yup, sitting under 75% atm on Metacritic and I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm having fun playing it as well, but find myself agreeing with almost all of the reviewers complaints (specifically Polygon - liked their review style with the 2 guys doing it or whatever). I hope Bungie learns from this experience, and takes a lot of the critical response to heart - they were running around like they'd invented an entirely new genre in the weeks prior to launch, and the "we're making a game that people will remember like Star Wars, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones!!" looks more than a little silly in hindsight.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking I'd like to be at least 23/24 before tackling that heroic again - shit was brutal at 21

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Hoping to get the daily heroic done this weekend. Tonight ill mostly be playing by myself solo q'ing for strikes
Catch me up on this. Heroic strikes are the same difficulty as queuing up for the third option is the strike playlist, right? The level 22 dungeons?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone else get the impression we shouldn't have been able to make Awoken or Exo player characters until later but they changed their mind for player appearance diversity?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, as an awoken visiting the queen of the awoken and having robot Tyrion saying "nobody has seen an awoken for centuries" I was going "hey dickhead, I'm right here!" Definitely a good amount of "design by committee" stuff going on.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Catch me up on this. Heroic strikes are the same difficulty as queuing up for the third option is the strike playlist, right? The level 22 dungeons?
Nah, they are on a different level entirely. We wiped repeatedly on the heroic and more or less breezed through the 22 afterwards.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Nah, they are on a different level entirely. We wiped repeatedly on the heroic and more or less breezed through the 22 afterwards.
Ah alright, cheers.

Oh, and, aren't the awoken and exo guardians just people that died during the golden age, who then got infused with "the light" by ghosts? That's how I understood it at least.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Probably need a group of 25s to even get near doing the heroic strikes. God damn snipers nearly 1 shots level 24s. I guess if you could synergize correctly, there may be a chance at 22 or 23 but it would be very difficult.