Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The Exotic BP for hunters looks dope w/ the wolf on the chest, now if only i could find a good legendary helm, cant buy either of the faction helms this week due to costing 120.

rrr_img_76153.jpg

Xexx01 Exo Female Hunter | Bungie.net

I got 3 legendary engrams today from my crypto from lvling him but ended up with 2 rare weapons and a legendary machine gun.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Destiny Review - GameSpot- 6/10

I dont usually agree with many reviews on games, and i dont quite with them giving Destiny a 6, i would say a 7-7.5 is accurate, but all of the complaints they mentioned were pretty valid. The game is still fairy awesome, but now that ive capped currency on 2 factions, and have both exotics in use im kinda wondering if i should play anymore until next week. I dont really want to burn out trying to get that one legendary helm to drop by chain running crucible or playlist and hoping for the best.

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
Its probably cause I get my ass beat most of the time but, I can't stand the british guys voice in pvp...sigh what possessed them to go with a fuckin british guy smh

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got my first legendary engram. Fucking level 16 rare boots, the itemization in the game is such horseshit

Erie_sl

shitlord
Single player 2/10, Multiplayer 7/10. I couldn't have imagined them making a worse story than they did. That and making you solo most of the horrendous story because the non-existent matchmaking is going to be the end of this game if they don't fix it soon. That said, I like loot and whenever I actually get a group for strikes. Lack of modes for pvp is a fail as well. 3v3, really???

With that said, I still like playing... and I have no idea why.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
This is culled from public information.

Bungie made a 10 year commitment to developing Destiny. Destiny 1 was in development for 5?+ years.

You shouldn't approach the game with the mentality of other products. It's not a get on the shelf and forget about it except for DLC. This is a service. An ongoing service that you're not paying a subscription to (You can play Destiny without a Live/PSN+, you just won't be able to do multiplayer stuff). Destiny characters exist across the same brands, you can play your MS character on 360 and Xbox One. If you purchased Destiny Digitally, you can upgrade your copy to Next Gen for FREE. The upgrading is unheard of. This should be evidence of the commitment. It's not going to be 4 years later and "oh shit, you need to reroll all new characters".

Analogy time:
If you get any other console game, you're getting a completed model of a house that has pre-planned expansions.
Destiny is like getting a lego kit. Yeah there's instructions on how to make what's on the box, but everything in that box can be configured for something else.

The train didn't "stop" the day Destiny 1 shipped. I can't talk at all about what's down the road but you can use your imagination. I'm rolling classes in Destiny 1 that I'll want to play 2 years from now. If you went to college for 5 years and your Freshman-Senior year work was published when you graduated....it's the work after you graduated is what you really want people to see.

You need to forget everything else you've played before. You can't compare Destiny to any other game, if you keep trying to do that and fit a square into a round hole, you're going to have a bad time. Once you start playing Destiny for Destiny, that's when you won't be able to stop playing it.

Just pound a bunch of shots and play Destiny.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Destiny Review - GameSpot- 6/10

I dont usually agree with many reviews on games, and i dont quite with them giving Destiny a 6, i would say a 7-7.5 is accurate, but all of the complaints they mentioned were pretty valid. The game is still fairy awesome, but now that ive capped currency on 2 factions, and have both exotics in use im kinda wondering if i should play anymore until next week. I dont really want to burn out trying to get that one legendary helm to drop by chain running crucible or playlist and hoping for the best.
Yeah... i'm thinking a 7.5. I can think of a couple of small changes that would have pushed it to a 8+ but eh, having a blast for now.

Looking at the Feedback on the Destiny official forums, seems like everyone has the same complaints. Honestly, their release is slightly above the average/expectation for me anymore so i'm going to really my judgement based on their response to their player feedback in the next month or so.

As long as my friends and I are enjoying the game, I really can't complain but the faults of the game really expose themselves when you don't have your friends rolling with you. Logging in for solo, the story sucks especially in comparison to the multiplayer. Multiplayer is a blast though but it needs to be expanded but you know, I played Halo and CoD4 multiplayer quite a bit for a long time so I guess there's enough there to keep my occupied. Not sure how much time I would give to the game if H1Z1 was out.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah... i'm thinking a 7.5. I can think of a couple of small changes that would have pushed it to a 8+ but eh, having a blast for now.

Looking at the Feedback on the Destiny official forums, seems like everyone has the same complaints. Honestly, their release is slightly above the average/expectation for me anymore so i'm going to really my judgement based on their response to their player feedback in the next month or so.

As long as my friends and I are enjoying the game, I really can't complain but the faults of the game really expose themselves when you don't have your friends rolling with you. Logging in for solo, the story sucks especially in comparison to the multiplayer. Multiplayer is a blast though but it needs to be expanded but you know, I played Halo and CoD4 multiplayer quite a bit for a long time so I guess there's enough there to keep my occupied. Not sure how much time I would give to the game if H1Z1 was out.
Why is this game any different than every MMO that has come out since WoW with the same arguments about lack of content? I really want this to be amazing so I can finally excuse myself and pick up a PS4 and Destiny but everything I read makes me want to wait.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is culled from public information.

Bungie made a 10 year commitment to developing Destiny. Destiny 1 was in development for 5?+ years.

You shouldn't approach the game with the mentality of other products. It's not a get on the shelf and forget about it except for DLC. This is a service. An ongoing service that you're not paying a subscription to (You can play Destiny without a Live/PSN+, you just won't be able to do multiplayer stuff). Destiny characters exist across the same brands, you can play your MS character on 360 and Xbox One. If you purchased Destiny Digitally, you can upgrade your copy to Next Gen for FREE. The upgrading is unheard of. This should be evidence of the commitment. It's not going to be 4 years later and "oh shit, you need to reroll all new characters".

Analogy time:
If you get any other console game, you're getting a completed model of a house that has pre-planned expansions.
Destiny is like getting a lego kit. Yeah there's instructions on how to make what's on the box, but everything in that box can be configured for something else.

The train didn't "stop" the day Destiny 1 shipped. I can't talk at all about what's down the road but you can use your imagination. I'm rolling classes in Destiny 1 that I'll want to play 2 years from now. If you went to college for 5 years and your Freshman-Senior year work was published when you graduated....it's the work after you graduated is what you really want people to see.

You need to forget everything else you've played before. You can't compare Destiny to any other game, if you keep trying to do that and fit a square into a round hole, you're going to have a bad time. Once you start playing Destiny for Destiny, that's when you won't be able to stop playing it.

Just pound a bunch of shots and play Destiny.
I thought your character didn't carry across platforms.

EDIT: I guess they changed that.

Hmm, kinda makes me think I should try this on PS3. Too bad it probably runs like shit on the original non-slim.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Why do all the guns more or less look the same? The Exotic looks just like the rare or uncommon, its not very exotic at all aside from a few tweak to the scope.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol i just topped the charts as a lvl 3 hunter in a control pvp match. There were 3 Level 20+ on our team and as many on the other team. Gogo Marshal-A scaling.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone know the most ideal way to rep grind besides bounty?
I feel your soon to be pain, i did about 100 or more today in Russia just because i know the place by heart enough to get around but its sure boring as fucking hell. Im rank 2 on Vanguard and 1/2 a level from rank 2 Crucible.