Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Thanks Grumpus
smile.png
No problem, I love your game. Its exactly the game I have wanted for years. I intend to play the hell out of it.

Just wish my PC hadnt blown up or I would be making video content and I would try to get in to streaming.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Be curious to see where you differ in gearing path? PVP/Strike/Farm.
From farming last night it seems like Farming > other two. Also made me realize there's almost zero reason to do public events.
I have done a fairly even mix. I farm the moon mission the most.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game scratches my scifi shooter itch pretty well. I think if they keep fleshing it out and adding content it could be pretty amazing. The core of the game is pretty solid so it has a pretty good setting to build on. My one complaint is for a mmoish game it seems like it is a tad hard to do the social grouping stuff but that may just be because I just started playing it.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
So last night was the first night I really got to sit down and put some time into this game, so I'm still feeling pretty green and scrubby. I was doing the level 3 story mission heading through the earth area that has all the downed airplanes. I'm fighting my way up to the building with the giant satellite, when suddenly the entire sky darkens, the music and mood completely changes. I see this giant meteor falling from the sky and I follow it until it crashes into the earth a few hundred meters away (The audio in this game is really blowing my mind so far). When I reach it, I realize I've just encountered my first public event and the only ones around are myself and this other level 3 dude. I could clearly see neither one of us had any idea what was going on. Next thing I know, the event starts and we start getting swarmed by a dozen enemies in all directions. We managed to thin them out and I had a moment to figure out that we needed to stand next to this orb that crash landed to progress the event before time ran out. It's up to about 15% when we start getting mobbed by enemies 2-3 levels and later 4-5 levels higher than us. It got seriously crazy down there.

Despite being under-leveled for it, we managed to continue thinning them out and somehow reviving each other when things went bad. Managed to finish the event and got a gold result (no idea if that's good or not). It was a pretty exhilerating experience for me to say the least. Incredibly challenging and felt extremely rewarding when it was done. I was expecting that I wouldn't experience my first public event until much later into the game, or that if I did, it would be so much higher level than I was that participation would be pointless. So I'm rather pleasantly surprised. I've participated in two more since then now and I'm only level 8 now. Each one felt balanced enough to be very challenging and exciting, but not insurmountable. They only seemed to be showing up when the zone had like-leveled people nearby, which I thought was really cool. It's been some time since a game gave me that kind of experience. Suffice to say, I'm enjoying my experience so far.

This is probably only me but I find it really hard to tell when enemies drop something after killing them. Especially when far away with a sniper rifle or hand cannon. I know there has to be a couple of times where I've completely missed something simply because I missed the little white orb laying on the ground. Is there meant to be an easier way to tell, or am I just completely oblivious? I did the Earth level 8 strike for the first time yesterday and when we finished the final boss, despite looking everywhere, it didn't seem to have dropped anything. Seemed strange to me that nothing would drop, so I figure I must have missed whatever it was before the mission ended. Just wish those things were easier to spot.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Be curious to see where you differ in gearing path? PVP/Strike/Farm.
From farming last night it seems like Farming > other two. Also made me realize there's almost zero reason to do public events.
I have no intention of ever setting foot in PVP. I've done a ton of L22/24 strikes, chest farming (earth), and spawn farming (moon/venus).

Public events should be done (gold) at least once per day per character. More if you're really desperate for coins/upgrade materials/V marks, though in my experience getting a reward besides marks is very rare. If you follow the PE schedule though, it's a pretty damn fast way to get your marks for the week if you don't feel like doing strikes.

They need to do something about the network errors too. Every night during primetime I get dropped from groups every 5-15 minutes with "bee" or "lion" error messages.

I just completely oblivious? I did the Earth level 8 strike for the first time yesterday and when we finished the final boss, despite looking everywhere, it didn't seem to have dropped anything. Seemed strange to me that nothing would drop, so I figure I must have missed whatever it was before the mission ended. Just wish those things were easier to spot.
Bosses only drop a tetrahedron loot item (ether seeds, etc.). The strike loot comes from the mission end screen, that's all you get.

I definitely wish there was a D3-style beam on loot drops, though it doesn't really matter because anything blue+ that you miss will be mailed to you next time you go to the tower.

Column_sl

shitlord
2 things of note the final reward was a shader called Chatterwhite.

The gear that dropped from the bosses were exactly the same ones you can get off the vendor but the difference was "bonus damage to Oracles/Praetorians" as a perk (these are the main raid enemies).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Think I've figured out (others probably have earlier) why at some times the public events have lots of people around to help, and others none.

As known, the game phases in instances of the same map depending on the event. However, there seems to be another key to who gets phased in as well, IP location.

For me, at my primetime, it is filled with Norwegian names, something I rarely see in games (not that many of us). In the tower there is always a few.

So, playing outside of your primetime will also lessen the likelihood of you getting help / phased in people for events like PEs.

There is no global restriction on friends lists or who you want to team up with on fireteams, but the IP thing seems to be fairly accurate in terms of who you randomly see or not. Both normal maps and the tower hardly have people in them this far outside of my primetime. If there wasn't a synch of sorts in terms of IP, there should always be a similar number around.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
2 things of note the final reward was a shader called Chatterwhite.

The gear that dropped from the bosses were exactly the same ones you can get off the vendor but the difference was "bonus damage to Oracles/Praetorians" as a perk (these are the main raid enemies).
Can you post a link to the raid loot, if there is really no difference but that primary buff for mobs on the gear then thats pretty pathetic.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Ya bladedancer super is just to damn op, used defenders super with extra defense which is basically god mode imo. Had a point blank shotgun shot + a fist and dude still kills me.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Don't worry about missing loot drops. It will be sent to you in the mail after a period of time. No one else around you can see your drops/ammo.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Engram shit is pissing me off... Get numerous blues and legendaries engrams but still stuck at 21. They all seem to end up as either mats or lvl 17 blues every fucking time. Fix this god damn shit already!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well I had all four friends I had been playing with give up on the game this evening. Three of them were doing the Weekly Strike together and after slogging away at it for what was apparently a few hours they won and got nothing and promptly tossed the game. Ive been inundated with texts about how much they have never had a game they loved so much turn to complete shit so fast when they hit 20...

The fourth friend was doing story missions and just finally handed the controller to me and said he was simply bored with the game. The biggest complaints given from all were the loot system, lack of risk / reward balance, no desire for the standard MMO grind and most importantly the mission format being the same exact mission over and over. I'm enjoying it because I obviously did the MMO aspects and still hope the story isn't as terribly one dimensional as it seems to be (surely to god there is more to the backstory than what they actually tell you in game...) but I guess I'm going it alone from now on.