Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I feel like the defense stat on gear is useless. I notice no reduction in damage from anything. Level 4's it feels like are hitting me just as hard as 24's.

Also, once you get a set of legendary gear...feels like you kind of hit a wall? Anyone else know the feel I'm talking about? Like...what upgrades are there out there, besides actually upgrading your currently equipped stuff? (Seeing as you can only have 1 exotic armor piece, there are no other real upgrades out there for the legendary gear?)
Seems youre mistaken, all stats are effectively useless - the only thing that seems to matter is level and that only seems to factor into being 1 shot.

Every slot but my primary is legendary + but if i run into lower level creatures i can still take the same damage as if i didnt have any of this gear on. So what exactly is gear progression for? Since everything is more or less normalized from L1-LL27 it seems your damage doesnt ever differ much at all even when using an exotic. I cant help but feel I am still low level but just with prettier gear. Sure i can do harder things since gear has some mysterious hidden mod to reduce 1 shots but otherwise im more or less the same as before.

Also, once you get a set of legendary gear...feels like you kind of hit a wall? Anyone else know the feel I'm talking about? Like...what upgrades are there out there, besides actually upgrading your currently equipped stuff? (Seeing as you can only have 1 exotic armor piece, there are no other real upgrades out there for the legendary gear?)
You can level up another toon and do it all over again! or wait till December for DLC.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Kay, so I'm not the only person with that feel then.

I love this game, and I think if they just did a few QOL changes (quality of life) it would be 11/10 material. Foundation is solid, but Bungie never made a game like this so I'll give them a pass

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So are those ammo packs supposed to always give ammo? Because I just used a heavy ammo pack and it didn't give me a god damn thing. It triggered the cool down but didn't actually do anything.

Column_sl

shitlord
My decision right now is to hit 29 by wasting more raid mats on current legendarys/exotics, or just wait and upgrade heroic mode raid items.

I'll just wait since there is no level limited content over 28 yet.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
These are just my own unscientific observations.

Toughness only increases your health, not your shields. You're taking damage against your health once your shield bar is red. On my Titan I can go a full toughness build and my shield still pops just the same as a low toughness build. However, it takes low level enemies forever to chew through my health (red bar).

Defense I'm not positive about but it is not normal mitigation. I believe it normalizes out the damage you take from higher level enemies. Fake numbers example: 200 defense enemies up to level 10 do normal damage and 10+ do extra damage. 400 defense enemies up to level 15 do normal damage and 15+ do extra damage.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
These are just my own unscientific observations.

Toughness only increases your health, not your shields. You're taking damage against your health once your shield bar is red. On my Titan I can go a full toughness build and my shield still pops just the same as a low toughness build. However, it takes low level enemies forever to chew through my health (red bar).

Defense I'm not positive about but it is not normal mitigation. I believe it normalizes out the damage you take from higher level enemies. Fake numbers example: 200 defense enemies up to level 10 do normal damage and 10+ do extra damage. 400 defense enemies up to level 15 do normal damage and 15+ do extra damage.
I agree it seems like toughness = HP. Level seems to be > all for mitigation for enemies near your level. Low level enemies seem to do some normalized amount of damage. I notice when running into community events that the level 8 mobs will kill me eventually but it takes them a while to get through the shield.

The power scaling in this game is weird but it is there. It seems to be all tied to light level. Doing level 24 strikes at 23 was hard but at 26 I can just stand in groups of lesser enemies and be ok. Snipers and elites will still destroy me.

I'm not sure if I like the damage scaling with lower level mobs. Feels pretty dumb to barely be able to hurt level 4 mobs with my lvl 20 legendary weps. But at the same time it might be way more boring doing the daily bounties if everything was 1 shot. I dunno.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure if I like the damage scaling with lower level mobs. Feels pretty dumb to barely be able to hurt level 4 mobs with my lvl 20 legendary weps. But at the same time it might be way more boring doing the daily bounties if everything was 1 shot. I dunno.
Simple solution, there should be a L20 patrol on each planet and then make bounties only count for mobs at least green con to you.

spronk

FPS noob
strikes don't drop some/more/? gear until you do a lot of them, this is hidden away on bungie.net grimoire. same for pvp (25 wins, 50, 100) some weird ass design decisions in this game

0rEKwQe.jpg

anyone done nightfall strike, whats it like

pics and stuff of thorn from someone who got it done
doxNXN3.jpg

2avsADF.jpg

AgWYtC8.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So have an Exotic Bounty choice between Fusion Rifle, Machine Gun or Pulse Rifle.... I'm leaning towards the Pulse even though I don't like the weapon types for any of those. Would have much preferred Hand Cannon or Scout I think.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any insight in to why? I know you are deep in to the meta and stuff for the game, I've honestly just been running around. What makes the Fusion so good vs. the other options? Pulse with insta reload sounds like it would be good for PVP and PVE.

Column_sl

shitlord
Fusion rifles hit like a mack truck, and at range.

Makes the shotgun look like a gimp. Its good in pve, and pvp.
In fact it is by far the best pvp weapon right now.

Whats the stats on the fusion rifle btw? whats its perk

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Shotguns are gimp regardless seeing as every boss has a 1 shot mechanic if you get close enough for the gun to be even useful

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fusion rifles hit like a mack truck, and at range.

Makes the shotgun look like a gimp. Its good in pve, and pvp.
In fact it is by far the best pvp weapon right now.

Whats the stats on the fusion rifle btw? whats its perk
Pocket Infinity - Items - Destiny Database (DestinyDB)

Attack N/A
Optics 15
Charge Rate N/A
Impact 30
Range 10
Stability 5
Magazine 5
Reload 80
Inventory Size 40
Equip Speed 70
Aim assistance 30
Recoil direction 70

Perk seems to be: Pocket Infinity - Fires in full auto mode and has chance to return ammo on miss

If that is what you're asking.

Column_sl

shitlord
Fires in full auto mode and has chance to return ammo on miss
Holy fuck, get that for sure. Not only is that the greatest farming weapon ever, in pvp that would destroy.

I hope I get that bounty.

For pve since you are constantly dealing with adds, that is the best bounty weapon out now.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I was excited when I got (The Stranger) story mode gun because of the fully automatic upgradr but its still a three round burst until you run out of ammo. My brain thought it would be like a fully automatic gun without the second or half second pause between bursts.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Fusion rifles are goood for pve because they do max dmg to non crit points on mobs. So you can stand in a safe spot and deal decent dmg to bosses.

Also they melt shields. Enemy shields all have colors and that colr is what the shield is week to. Me and my buddy each have fusion rifles with each damage type. One of us melts shields then the other one supers or uses heavy weapons to down tough mobs.

Pro tip for moon mission farming. Quests save progress so when you are done farming just go to orbit, dont finish the mission. When you go back you will be right in front of the door.

I put on some Tom Waits and go to town.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So what are the odds of a race track or something like one being added for speeder bike racing? That would be awesome. I love just zipping around corners and zooming around in general.