Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The best part about being a filthy casual is all you cheeto-fork neckbeards are beta testing the shitty loot system for me.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Now that I have a few exotics I am very excited to see where they go with this.

When I first saw exotics I thought they were going to be the best weapons and armor and there would be clear winners in each category. But its totally not like that I switch all the time. Its more about utility then power and that is very exciting.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Well i just snagged the exotic bounty for bad juju, soloing the heroic strike, all the way to phogoth now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Now that I have a few exotics I am very excited to see where they go with this.

When I first saw exotics I thought they were going to be the best weapons and armor and there would be clear winners in each category. But its totally not like that I switch all the time. Its more about utility then power and that is very exciting.
I have an exotic sniper rifle and rocket launcher and I agree. There are fights and areas that I want one over the other and have to make a conscious decision.

I primarily keep the sniper rifle equipped though since it is so godly with its regenerating ammo .... that regenerating ammo will then overlap to another secondary weapon if I need to switch. It is OP.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the tips in an earlier post vorph, managed to solo the weekly heroic with only 1 death (stupid triple wizards at the unlock the door step), just used the warlock self rez though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No primary weapon does elemental damage in live. Maybe later they will, but I've yet to see one that can.
I assume they did that to keep the primary weapons from just destroying Nightfalls etc.
Yeah, I realized that they took away elemental damage on all primaries. Still concerned about the clip size on Bad Juju though. 15 is absurdly low, and I would like to know exactly how "instant" the reload really is once you max out the gun. I decided to go with that bounty anyway, just not interested at all in the other two weapons even if this one ends up sucking, or I say fuck it and never finish the PVP step.

Thoughts on what the fastest strike is to do to slog through the 25-strike step? I need to do them all tonight and tomorrow before Xur is gone. I'm sure it's going to be mind-numbingly tedious no matter which I choose, but at least I'll get the grimoire card for class item drops by the time I'm done. That's something, right? :p

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Vorph I am running a ton of shit all night with a buddy if you need help on the strikes, hit me up. We can fast hand ya.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Sunsinger gloves are way better then both of the Warlock BP's. You are going to spec into viking funeral anyway, so it lasting longer is a huge plus.
In raids you will only use radiance to rez yourself, so having extended radiance isn't even an option.

Warlock BPs both have useless effects imo. You wont use either of them in raiding, or pretty much anything else.
Also with the free amo glitch, those modifiers are barely needed.

I would rate it Helm> Gloves>BP's

No primary weapon does elemental damage in live. Maybe later they will, but I've yet to see one that can.
I assume they did that to keep the primary weapons from just destroying Nightfalls etc

I'm like one defense upgrade from 29 right now, hoping for some legendary drops this weekend that I can dissemble.
At that point you need raid gear to reach 30.
So, in that regard, how much better is the Exotic Warlock helm than the gloves? Is it worth to spend my Strange Coins now since the gloves are currently available at this moment?

Also, any tips on how to acquire Motes of Light easier/faster?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing this slowly, been working a lot, having a 1 year old on top of that doesn't leave a lot of play time lately. The game is damn fun, some of the best first person shooter moments I've had in a long while. I have a few complaints, story is weird the way they string the narrative together (was hoping for something more... I don't know conventional? with actual other characters and npcs), fuck auto aim in its god damn faggoty fuckhole for reasons stated numerous times already, and the RNG is a little crazy. And fuck PVP everyone just runs around with shotguns assfuckery. I don't have one of everything, barely have greens in most slots, so I'm stuck on objective maps, just orbiting overwatch getting raped by vehicles etc. Still a damn fun game, but not quite what I expected in the story/RPG element department even after playing alpha/beta et all. The story that is there I like, I love a lot of the enemies, just not the way they string it all together I guess.

And if they put in an overlay feature ala Halo Anniversary, where when you pushed it, it switched to Halo skins... I wouldn't even bat an eye, probably wouldn't even notice. I already call the Fallen, covenant half the damn time. Vandals/Majors etc are elites, the one guys are shieldless jackals. I'm ok with this, actually hope they give Halo the fucking Destiny treatment at some point.

Column_sl

shitlord
So, in that regard, how much better is the Exotic Warlock helm than the gloves? Is it worth to spend my Strange Coins now since the gloves are currently available at this moment?

Also, any tips on how to acquire Motes of Light easier/faster?
I would say fast revive is really important.

Motes of light can be given out randomly from any blue engram, but there is a hidden exp bar we can't see. When it levels it always gives you a mote of light.
(note this is different then the mote of light you get from leveling up light)

So that Loot Cave is a really good source for motes imo

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I would say fast revive is really important.

Motes of light can be given out randomly from any blue engram, but there is a hidden exp bar we can't see. When it levels it always gives you a mote of light.
(note this is different then the mote of light you get from leveling up light)

So that Loot Cave is a really good source for motes imo
Column, does this spec seem to be the "go-to" for Sunsinger?

http://www.destinydb.com/calculator/...8hg708hW708hj7

Column_sl

shitlord
I use touch of Flame, because I "think" it has to be on for viking funeral to activate on the solar grenade.
Until someone tells me otherwise I'll just assume the tooltip is correct.

Otherwise that is pretty much the go to setup for pve.

On Solar Flare there is some tricks with it.
1) With the glove mod it lasts a really long time
2) Since you can not hurt yourself with it, if you are getting rushed down you can put it on yourself or your teammates.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I use touch of Flame, because I "think" it has to be on for viking funeral to activate on the solar grenade.
Until someone tells me otherwise I'll just assume the tooltip is correct.

Otherwise that is pretty much the go to setup for pve.

On Solar Flare there is some tricks with it.
1) With the glove mod it lasts a really long time
2) Since you can not hurt yourself with it, if you are getting rushed down you can put it on yourself or your teammates.
Looks like potentially Solar Grenade sparks the "ignite" aspect potentially...

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
The exp bar post 20 isn't hidden. If you mouse over the 20 on your character screen, it shows you progress towards your next mote of light, fyi.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After an unsuccessful night of farming the cafe of wonders, I decided to call it quits. Went to turn in my bounties and got my first exotic bounties... And look at that... Pocket infinity... Looks like I'll be up a bit longer