Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You can read the Grimoire on the mobile App or at Bungie's website. Read through every one I had and there wasn't much of use there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still not 20! Got a Shingen-C or whatever and absolutely raping at PVP with it now. I think I'm on the final mission of the story, probably will beat it tonight. One thing I can't get over is how awesome the graphics for this game are. Loved Mars.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
One thing I wish they would add is maps for planets. It would be nice to have them when doing patrols or mat farming.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to download a mod that notes the locations of materials on patrols...Oh wait wrong game.

I agree to the map though. All my upgrades need a separate planet pickup and it's getting old.

Column_sl

shitlord
Ok this is a great idea. I can't believe I never thought of it.

If you can stomach it, make 3 level 20's of the same class. This will give you 3 times to do the vault every week for the class specific armor.
You just pass all your gear around on all 3 classes.

The reason why 3 different classes wont work is the armor will drop for your class specifically in the raid, and obviously you will be the same light level instantly at 20 on the other 2 alts.

With this method we have our first level 30 today.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ok this is a great idea. I can't believe I never thought of it.

If you can stomach it, make 3 level 20's of the same class. This will give you 3 times to do the vault every week for the class specific armor.
You just pass all your gear around on all 3 classes.

The reason why 3 different classes wont work is the armor will drop for your class specifically in the raid.

With this method we have our first level 30 today.
Do you have to do the story on a new character after you completed it on one?

Column_sl

shitlord
Do you have to do the story on a new character after you completed it on one?

Just have to do the starting tutorial, but you should do the story anyway in case you need to have completed it to progress in the next expac.

After your main is geared out tho, you can just delete one of the alts to make whatever you want.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Oh good. I've gotten 2 purples from blue engrams (haven't gtten any purple engrams yet). Now im sitting at 24, going to work on farming up planet mats for upgrades in between PvP. I'm liking PvP a lot. Usually get 4k minimum in control even when using a 16 green autorifle.

Still have yet to do a daily/weekly. Guess I need to add gamertags from the other thread.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yeah, I just got my fourth purple item from a blue engram. Of course the 38 purple engram gave me blue items....

It was fitting that it was a pulse rife named "Fair and Square". Just added ya, zyyzzyyzpop. I play 1-18 hours a day, always looking for something to do. Lexicon929 psn ps4

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There's a ~5% chance to get a purple from a blue and a ~35% chance to get a purple from a purple. Given that one seems to find at least 10x more blue engrams than purple you really are more likely to get a purple item from a blue enfram than you are from a purple one.

spronk

FPS noob
max you can get without raiding is 28 I believe - thats full purps in every slot, and an exotic armor piece you buy from worm head, and every armor piece fully upgraded (need lots of ascendant mats to do that). I don't raid and I'm at 27 and would be at 28 if I went out and farmed some spirit bloom (yeah i know). At that point all you are really doing is waiting for xur to drop different items and spend your coins and light motes on them to maybe tweak your stats to be more ideal for your build. 100% doable with just cave farming, PVP, and public event farming.

Once you hit rank 3 in vanguard and crucible you can wear armor tabards and farm up to rank 3 in the other 3 different factions (dead orbit, etc) although again the only real difference is different stat balance. I think you get a "free" purple when you hit rank 3 of a faction although I dunno? You could of course farm before you hit rank3 but i dunno why you wouldn't clear those two out first (once you wear a tabard both crucible and PVE rep count towards that new faction).

The story is just a hot mess, no denying that and thats why its reviews are all "meh". Its even more shocking that the grimoire didn't almost even make it, a designer posted somewhere that they raced to do it in the last few weeks before launch and made it sound like some noble heroic act. Jesus Christ. I'm pretty sure the only reason the grimoire isn't in game is because of the ps3/360 port, for a xbone/ps4 it woulda been easy to put in a webpage load but not so easy on older gen.

I've only ever gotten the daily reward from PEs once a day on every character from the postmaster. Its a great way to build up ascendant mats. I almost never get any from the actual PEs themselves, and I've sat and done maybe 30 a day some days while leveling at the cave.

Fadaar

That guy
max you can get without raiding is 28 I believe - thats full purps in every slot, and an exotic armor piece you buy from worm head, and every armor piece fully upgraded (need lots of ascendant mats to do that). I don't raid and I'm at 27 and would be at 28 if I went out and farmed some spirit bloom (yeah i know). At that point all you are really doing is waiting for xur to drop different items and spend your coins and light motes on them to maybe tweak your stats to be more ideal for your build. 100% doable with just cave farming, PVP, and public event farming.

Once you hit rank 3 in vanguard and crucible you can wear armor tabards and farm up to rank 3 in the other 3 different factions (dead orbit, etc) although again the only real difference is different stat balance. I think you get a "free" purple when you hit rank 3 of a faction although I dunno?

The story is just a hot mess, no denying that and thats why its reviews are all "meh". Its even more shocking that the grimoire didn't almost even make it, a designer posted somewhere that they raced to do it in the last few weeks before launch and made it sound like some noble heroic act. Jesus Christ. I'm pretty sure the only reason the grimoire isn't in game is because of the ps3/360 port, for a xbone/ps4 it woulda been easy to put in a webpage load but not so easy on older gen.
Exotic chest maxed out, helm maxed out, and legs/arms upgraded not counting Ascendant upgrades got me to 28. Only 6 more light from the final 6 upgrade slots so wouldn't even get you close to 29.

Column_sl

shitlord
you can get 29 before any raiding gear. You have to max out every piece of armor, and your exotic.

A Warlock posted the first 29 a day before the vault opened

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the Queens Bounty thing begins tomorrow and will, hopefully, flesh out a bit of the story and/or add in new Strike modes and loot. It's gonna be a long time until December if they have not much for people to do once they finish with Cave of Wonders.

Then again I will be shocked if CoW survives tomorrows patch, but it sure as hell better be matched with a mechanism whereby doing actual hard content garners significant rewards.