Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
The instant I run into the waves portion of devils lair i get disconnected, 3 times now. How about they stop nerfing shit and fix broken shit first
frown.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I should say that my verbal diarrhea of a post is only in response to them nerfing the stuff, which points to a large internal disconnect in my mind and not actually related to game play fun or longevity of the game. I do quite enjoy it and am looking forward to where they go.

Yes, many a disconnects right now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're called factions. They do exactly what you're asking for. Don't be dumb.
Fuck PVP.

In the past 3 weeks you could have easily PVE'ed a full suit of legendary and at least one legendary weapon guaranteed with no RNG from PVP, you would automatically get 2 as long as you get to Rank 3 with any reputation so you could have waited until you got that done and then if you got a secondary you would buy a primary or vice versa. You could have done that in a fraction of the time it took me.
Of course I got 100 marks a week, and I had rank 3 Vanguard ages ago on multiple characters, and I have a pile of coins and motes.

That's not the fucking point. That stuff is baseline. Everyone who plays a few hours a day will have it done easily. The RNG faggotry comes in when I play almost twice as much as you and have almost nothing to show for the extra 60 hours. I still have less loot than Column or Grumpus were talking about having found by the end of the first week...

It pretty much all comes down to the cryptarch, and whatever dumbass thought it would be a good idea to make legendary engrams downgrade to rare items 75% of the time or whatever it is (it's been more like 85-90% in my case but I've seen the stats people compiled on a much larger sample size). I've had plenty of opportunities for loot, they just almost never pan out into anything of value.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly the loot distribution is the least of problems. It's only 3 weeks in guys, why whine about not having the top gear already? There won't be shit for new content for months, just keep playing however you want and you will be caught up by the time new shit comes around

Nerfing the queens bounty was pretty stupid though, that shit isn't worth doing now

The "sometime this year" for voice chat is pretty disheartening. It needs to be in today

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fuck PVP.

Of course I got 100 marks a week, and I had rank 3 Vanguard ages ago on multiple characters, and I have a pile of coins and motes.

That's not the fucking point. That stuff is baseline. Everyone who plays a few hours a day will have it done easily. The RNG faggotry comes in when I play almost twice as much as you and have almost nothing to show for the extra 60 hours. I still have less loot than Column or Grumpus were talking about having found by the end of the first week...

It pretty much all comes down to the cryptarch, and whatever dumbass thought it would be a good idea to make legendary engrams downgrade to rare items 75% of the time or whatever it is (it's been more like 85-90% in my case but I've seen the stats people compiled on a much larger sample size). I've had plenty of opportunities for loot, they just almost never pan out into anything of value.
What loot is it that you don't have that you need though? What do they have that allows them to do anything better than you?

Are you clearing raid? Are you clearing it quickly? I think the 'world best' clear is 36 minutes or something. We are doing it in an hour and a half with an apathetic view on it, zero 29's, zero raid loot upgraded.

What is it that you are missing to play the game better?

How many legendary engrams have you gotten to be so angry about them downgrading to blues? I have gotten 4. I think 50% were purple. Wooptie doo. If all 4 had been purple from it I would have that many more shards is all.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So now i have no reason to run strikes, queens bounties or pvp? Did the raid last night and got more energy wewt! Aetheon isnt dead yet so still hope.

Guss its time to wait on Mordor and DAI

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What loot is it that you don't have that you need though? What do they have that allows them to do anything better than you?
Exotics? I still have no usable exotic weapons at all (finally got bounty for Pocket Infinity but 200 kills is taking forever). I have exotic armor for both my warlock and titan that are for the wrong spec, as well as a warlock hat that is completely worthless.

And besides, if I didn't care about getting upgrades why the hell would I even play the game at all?

How many legendary engrams have you gotten to be so angry about them downgrading to blues?
25-30, I lost count a while ago. All but 5 of them turned into blues and 1 of those was a stupid class item. The slots they filled were pretty redundant too. Most of my weapons and some of my armor came from Vanguard rank 3+ rewards. Even that screwed me today though, hit rank 4 on an alt and I got 2 ascendent energy, no items at all.

And the reason I'm angry is because I really enjoy the core gameplay of Destiny, but the unbelievably shitty loot system is ruining the rest of the game for me.

Honestly the loot distribution is the least of problems. It's only 3 weeks in guys, why whine about not having the top gear already?
It's more about the disparity between the lucky and the unlucky. Like I said, there are people in this thread who had more luck in the first week than me and the friend I duo with have had in 3 weeks combined. There's simply too many layers of RNG involved.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Exotics? I still have no usable exotic weapons at all (finally got bounty for Pocket Infinity but 200 kills is taking forever).
I just finished this part up solo'ing in the current Nightfall, it wasn't too bad and took maybe 2.5 hours? Not 100% sure on the exact total. Run in that first Nightfall room and go straight back, 3 dreg and 3 vandal spawn. Can usually kill the three dreg, run out and reset them, run back in kill the 3 vandal, repeat. 6 mobs per run so about 34 total runs. And it took me longer because I was using a level 18 Void damage Fusion since every other one was DE'd for the previous step.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Gunsmith has a blue fusion rifle for sale until 10:00 Eastern (7:00 Pacific). 1600 Glimmer each

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Vorph one thing you also need to realize is that Column and those guys have multiple of the same class at 20 to swap gear and do raids over and over again. You aren't going to keep up with them unless you do the same.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive decoded maybe 30 or 40 leg engrams and ive gotten 3 legendaries out of it. Ive done 2 raids and gotten 1 weapon and 1 bp neither of which are upgrades. I shouldnt have to make 3 hunters and do the annoying bullet sponge or cheat to win raid multiple times a week to get gear. Why is there no loot table per mob? Why is the social aspect non existent in a shared world shooter? Why can i not map my directional buttons to be more useful? Like press up to say LFG or press up twice to signal looking for raid in the tower?

Seriously fuck them nerfing queens rewards to not turn into shards. I had been saving the bounty tokens to do them when i had time and now i have 0 reason to do it at all.

My ranting is not over because i am still curious why strikes are so fuckin pointless and are forced on you for exotics mainly. I mean this shit needs to have a use in the game other than to make you hate the repetitiveness.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm having fun in pvp, honestly if you hate pvp its a weird game to play the pve is not that good. I can totally see a ton of people who only like PVE stopping in the next week or two until xpac.

I'm really having fun solo'ing stuff, I downed Xyor solo in 26 Pits for Thorn bounty, took me nearly 2 hours to do the whole thing. It is insane doing stuff solo as a titan, since you basically don't use any of your abilities except guns and grenades - running into melee range is a deathwish. Once I start playing my warlock more I think its gonna be crazy, especially with solar grenades and self rez. I've got 3 characters with full purple gear and two have two slots with exotics (wep+armor) already, have enough tokens and stuff to buy 3-4 more exotic items this weekend. It was all loot cave and PVP though, gonna suck for people who just hit 20.

I guess the fastest way now will be to PVP, hope for coins and motes, buy shit from Xur, and hope for good items for rank-engrams.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Intrinsic, did you just suicide each time after killing those 6 in nightfall? I think I have a lvl20 solar fusion rifle left.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly there is a new "loot cave" available? Been hearing about it on reddit and other places. I wonder if its the one on earth right near the Steppes someone posted about earlier in regards to getting the 200 headshot kills?

Column_sl

shitlord
I have a feeling scout rifles are about to get really good. I might buy the one tonight that has the target blows up on a precision kill.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Intrinsic, did you just suicide each time after killing those 6 in nightfall? I think I have a lvl20 solar fusion rifle left.
Yeah, if I had a better fusion I would have tried killing a skank or hard vandal, but with the one I had it just wasn't worth the time (or lack of ammo).