Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
VoG does not drop upgraded versions, but yeah, with jelly is better than dry toast, bro. Plus you can always upgrade it through xur. Upgrading is a pain in the ass, but more so is getting the damned thing to drop for you in the first place. Also VoG is still pretty relevant for the shards and energies if you are still climbing your way to 30+ and have some alts that you want leveled up as well. Plus some of the legendary primaries that drop there are sweet for nightfalls with burn modifiers. For instance take this weeks solar burn and apply the vision of confluence to it, you're doing 3x normal damage with that thing to every mob there, with your primary! 300 dmg weapons are still very relevant and probably will be so until the next dlc. The new 331 weapons are like a 10% - 15% improvement over the 300 dmg ones. So its not like the old ones are useless.

Also, Lenas, dont forget about the first chest in the new raid, its like a free roll for loot if you are lv 27+. Look for videos on how to do it. I got a new 331 gjallahorn from it and my kid got a 331 icebreaker. And just keep grinding the strikelist and daily bounties to get all the 31 lvl gear in all slots. Then try and get into a vog group to get your shards to upgrade all that crap. VoG normal is a piece of cake, just watch a few videos on it.

Damn I already bought my vanguard gloves, guess that was a waste of marks as I'm almost done with the DLC missions.
Dont worry about it, that quest is a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble for a pair of gloves anyways. It was way easier in the beginning weeks anyways since you had people camping out one of the boss mobs you need to kill that spawns during an event on earth. He is damn tough to take down alone, if not impossible and im not sure if there are a lot of people still camping him..

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What's the best gear you can get from Strikes? I have only done up to the Roc playlist so far but I've ground out a lot of them and haven't gotten anything other than light +21 or so Rustburner blue gear. I did finally hit 27 from my two vanguard slots so I will look into that first Crota chest...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Roc strikes drop blue engrams and you have a small chance of them becoming purples. Also it seems to have a 20%-ish (anecdotal) chance of a purple engram reward for some one in the strike. Otherwise you're still netting 2-5 blue engrams per strike which helps get you parts, glimmer, motes, and coins. It will also pro level your cryptarch and you can hope for purples from the cryptarch mail.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just played Alfredoplays team in Control. It did not go well. Totally killed him 4 times though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Really looking forward to the no super pvp playlist.

Also, nightfall is valus with no burn

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, burn would be nice but it's not too bad. Valus still goes down pretty quick if you don't have to clear adds

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but you either need a shoot to loot gun or a ton of ammo packs

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll try to catch up with some of you guys tonight so i can get in on nightfall. Back at work after the holidays so my playtime has dropped off significantly on weekdays unfortunately.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We'll be running the raid tonight at least 3 times. Keep an eye out for us in a chat channel.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
If we finish I'll save the proper checkpoints for ya, I'm not sure when the wife will get home.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Got an icebreaker on nightfall tonight, and it is ridiculous. It totally changes the game. I went from there to Crota's end, and soloed the bridge with ease. Totally OP, but I love it!