Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

I never thought any of the Skolas runs were hard but if I had to rate diffculty.

Pre nerf

1) Arc Burn Skolas with Lightswitch ( I thought this was the funnest fight of all of them. 4th horseman shotgun burn ftw. Although I can see why people would find this very diffcult)
2) Void Burn Skolas ( Pretty much forced to have a High impact void sniper here like an LDR or Spear)
3) Solar Burn ( Childs play, just burn him down with Gallys)

Post nerf

New Skolas is laughable. You can literally run in a circle the whole time like an idiot, and punch him to death if you wanted to. They really made him way too easy.
Yeah, I was expecting something tough, I had a harder time on most of the strike bosses while leveling up the first time.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So did 32,34 and 35 prison for my first time (past two days)

Not sure why people were complaining about Skolas being hard, I beat him my very first run with only 2 wipes. Once on cabal due to missing a mine and once on skolas. The wipe on Skolas wasn't even a wipe, for two of us it was out first time so the guy who had been there before ran in to show us were to go and we wiped to start over.

Maybe we were lucky or something, but i was expecting an all nighter like my first crota kill.

Chain bubbles are OP by the way.
Its a very mechanical fight and easy to do if you run with people who does not try to solve every encounter with "BURN HIM DOWN!" mentality. Did my first run with people who spent 4 hours trying to burn him down with Ghorns and refused to learn the mechanics, my second was with people from the clan who were relaxed and just wanted to see how it worked....resulting in a one-shot.

Problem with the fight is that its really not worth it. The weapons he can drop does nothing to upgrade your gear and the time it takes can be better spent doing something fun.

Its a very mechanical fight and easy to do if you run with people who does not try to solve every encounter with "BURN HIM DOWN!" mentality. Did my first run with people who spent 4 hours trying to burn him down with Ghorns and refused to learn the mechanics, my second was with people from the clan who were relaxed and just wanted to see how it worked....resulting in a one-shot.

Problem with the fight is that its really not worth it. The weapons he can drop does nothing to upgrade your gear and the time it takes can be better spent doing something fun.
Yeah, just noticed that, killed him on my second and realized nothing worth anything dropping. I mean I can still use the etheric light as I've only ascended three items, but I can't see myself needing many of those either.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So while leveling my New best friend, Gally, I picked up 2 Legendary engrams. Should I hang onto them for Taken King or exchange them now? They are both primary weapon ones.

Column_sl

shitlord
It will be very hard to day one raid this because they are raising the level of your character so high ( I almost said light level, but that is gone now).

You will need at least 6 hours grinding your character to max, and I'm just estimating.

It's pretty much a whole new season of a game.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not only do you need to level up to 40, but they said a lot of the activities will have required light levels. So let's say the raid is level 40, light level (or armor item power I guess it equates to now) 60. That should take quite a while to achieve before the raid unlocks. Not to mention there might be some pretty involved new quests to complete on the road to unlocked the raid.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So while leveling my New best friend, Gally, I picked up 2 Legendary engrams. Should I hang onto them for Taken King or exchange them now? They are both primary weapon ones.
Exchange them, but don't dismantle them yet. The engrams should have a little II in the corner, meaning they will roll into xpac 2 items. Even if you wait until TK, they will still be tagged as HoW. Tomorrow's stream should shed some light on how old items can be used to level up new stuff, so I've not dismantled a single exotic or legendary since they hinted about it last week.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah they are pretty much rebooting the game.

I would horde up public event packages to power level. 2500 per un opened package not including any buffs you have on you.

and be careful its 20 per character so if you fill your mailbox, and a cryptarch package etc comes in then it will eat whatever is in the first slot.

Column_sl

shitlord
One thing I am interested is the Collection and Vaults bullet point in that video.

I think they may be addressing the vault issue finnaly

spronk

FPS noob
i've had 20 postmaster public event packages in my mailbox forever on all my chars, any new vanguard/dead orbit/etc packages you get eat the first one so its no big deal, you just lose the 2500 xp and mote/coin but don't lose the vanguard package. lost weapons (blue/purps you dont pick up) go into seperate postmaster slots too.

also getting 10 5k quests done is good idea, still i think it'll be fairly fast to unlock everything you need. probably 4-5 hours of story questing on day zero. I'm also edging all my reps so they are a hair from hitting a new level but thats not as useful anymore since it'll cost 2500 glimmer to change the faction you are repping, and you can only do it once a week.

Seems to be an overview of the changes here, interesting stuff not really sure what a lot of it means
The Taken King Reveal Teaser - Destiny Year Two : DestinyTheGame

Column_sl

shitlord
One thing to take in consideration if you exploited the exp potions is they persist through all your characters slots.

Like I have 5 in the first 5 slots, so that is locked in. If you get any new codes just save them till you open those public packages.

One thing to take in consideration if you exploited the exp potions is they persist through all your characters slots.

Like I have 5 in the first 5 slots, so that is locked in. If you get any new codes just save them till you open those public packages.
We sure they are going to still give us EXP on those packages? Bungie might just turn off EXP on those when TTK launches. Guess its better to be prepared though.

What are these exp potions you speak of?

Column_sl

shitlord
We sure they are going to still give us EXP on those packages? Bungie might just turn off EXP on those when TTK launches. Guess its better to be prepared though.

What are these exp potions you speak of?
I'm wrong on that the exp packs from the red bull promotion go into the special ordinance slot, and the public events packages go into the messages slot on your postmaster.

They don't interfere with each other

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New infusion mechanic on year 2 legendaries and exotics; consume your existing old gear to power up weapons that you like and want to keep using.

Vault space doubled for weapons, now two pages and 72 slots. Armor also has 72 slots, 'General' tab for everything else has 36 slots.