Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I am up to about 277 light now and things are slowing down a tad.

A few quick questions:

1) I am able to do Heroic strikes now. Will that automatically get me better loot or will it be the same as regular strikes? (Aside from the legendary engram reward) I ask because I queued up for a couple yesterday and we were literally trounced as the other two teammates were around 240-250 light range. They also sucked. This happened 2-3 times in a row and I left the strike after the 5th wipe on each. I went back to regular strikes and was still getting upgrades. SO would it be better to just stick with regular strikes until I am able to get a few folks together that I know won't suck?

2) Good lord. Where are all the chests to open in the patrol area of the dreadnaught. I need Hadium Flakes. I was running around everywhere (Hunter) and nothing ever showed up on my map - in 2 hours I looted 2 out of the 25 I need.
frown.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I am up to about 277 light now and things are slowing down a tad.

A few quick questions:

1) I am able to do Heroic strikes now. Will that automatically get me better loot or will it be the same as regular strikes? (Aside from the legendary engram reward) I ask because I queued up for a couple yesterday and we were literally trounced as the other two teammates were around 240-250 light range. They also sucked. This happened 2-3 times in a row and I left the strike after the 5th wipe on each. I went back to regular strikes and was still getting upgrades. SO would it be better to just stick with regular strikes until I am able to get a few folks together that I know won't suck?

2) Good lord. Where are all the chests to open in the patrol area of the dreadnaught. I need Hadium Flakes. I was running around everywhere (Hunter) and nothing ever showed up on my map - in 2 hours I looted 2 out of the 25 I need.
frown.png
I would just do the normal strikes, the time vs reward for the Heroics is not that good. I ran a few last night with a good team and it still took like 15-30 min longer than the non heroic ones. The only difference being that you will get less of the legendary drops, but you will still climb light levels al the same with engram drops.

As to tour second question,

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would just do the normal strikes, the time vs reward for the Heroics is not that good. I ran a few last night with a good team and it still took like 15-30 min longer than the non heroic ones. The only difference being that you will get less of the legendary drops, but you will still climb light levels al the same with engram drops.

As to tour second question,
You're a damn good man.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have only done one heroic strike but I actually got two upgrades from it. It gave me like +7 light. I'll try to invite you if I see you on, Ut, we're around the same spot.

Also, I am Not Good but here is a short clip showing the jade rabbit:Twitch

The basic mechanic is that you do a headshot to reset the chain. If you do body shots and then a headshot do bonus damage and return ammo to the mag. If you miss it screws up the chain. For large bosses or anyone slow you have infinite ammo and no need to reload.

Edit: Here is someone better than me giving a better example:Jade Rabbit - YouTube

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have only done one heroic strike but I actually got two upgrades from it. It gave me like +7 light. I'll try to invite you if I see you on, Ut, we're around the same spot.
Awesome.

I will be on tonight for about 4-5 hours playing. Basically chain running strikes.

spronk

FPS noob
i gotta say the infusion stuff is great for alts. My main titan is 294 light, i save any 290+ blues and use them for alt infusions. I saved all the legendary engrams that have been dropping the past 3 days and used them to get purps for my alts in every slot, usually shit low lights, but then bunny hopped them up to 290 light (infuse with a 280 to get to like 272, then a 290 to get to 285, then a 293 to get to 290). Both my alts are now 285 or so light and I haven't even finished the story quests on them. You can do the heroic and nightfall strikes before you finish the story too, you just can't go into the raid until you finish the story.

and yeah heroic strikes are pretty much worthless, i guess if you are dying for 30 marks or 3 legendary engrams you can do 3 per week but really just doing the daily story/pvp gives you 210 marks a week, and the only thing you should be doing with marks is using them for infusion. I guess fill in a slot for an alt but thats only gonna be 2 or 3 engram buys.

i'm not that keen on the raid, twitch has sorta ruined me on my mmo tourist days. I've gone in and killed up to priests and joined a oryx pug just to see the fight, but having seen all the kills on twitch I have no desire at all to spend hours wiping in the raid. In 2-3 months the normal raid will be on casual farm mode as they nerf it down, might as well wait until then to really run in.

the nightfall kinda sucks now, all i've seen out of there are coins, runes, and crap < 280 gear. not sure its worth doing, at all. at least its relatively easy now, although no burns is a bummer.

all in all taken king is a great xpac, feels like there is just enough to play 10-20 hours a week or infinite if you love grinding, but by end of next week I think i'll be primarily playing metal gear solid 5 again. i wonder when they plan on putting out the next DLC, and when heroic mode raid is gonna open up (not that i really care).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yesterday I thought that I would have to move my alts through the story missions to unlock the patrol on Dreadnaught so I could finish charging up that Argonach rune, so I joined a friend who was already on patrol there and was able to. Now today both alts have access to the dreadnaught patrol, odd but I'll take it.

Since hitting 290+ the engrams I decode at lower light levels much more often (like 265-275), but while raising light up to 290 they would decode most often in the 285-295 range. I think I'll start lowering my light level back to around 280 when I decode today and see what happens.

Yea, the Heroic playlist seems pretty retarded..had to 2-man Undying Mind from start to finish last night because a 3rd was never added in by matchmaking. Has anyone found or heard of a somewhat reliable way to get more of those Gunsmith faction items? I'd like to hit rank 3 this week even if he has 2+ Crucible test weapons, but I'd need a few of those DVAxxx items. A friend found quite a few while farming Draksis, but I don't really want to do that. ;p

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure buying year 2 exotics is a reasonable use of marks. I'm saving up for either Monte Carlo or Red Death since I don't have a year 1 suros.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It sucks that buying exotics outright just nets you a 280 when you could decrypt an engram for a 310.

spronk

FPS noob
I was going to use 150 marks to re-buy year 2 Suros... is this a bad idea?
it shouldn't really be one of the first things you buy. later on when you have a million 290+ weps then yeah buying a suros, bad juju, red death, etc for utility is nice but just running 36 strikes (or court of oryx T3s) will get you a ton of 290+ weapons, some legendary, all useful for the raid. a 280 gun isn't going to be that good in the raid, you really want to try to go in with a 290+ gun. also exotic engrams always decode to 290 (or higher once you are above 300) so it'd suck to buy a gun for 150 marks and then get an engram that decodes to a higher version.

you also get boolean gemini, a 290 scout rifle exotic, for doing the taken quests from petra/varis I think, no raiding required at any rate. Also a few gun unlocks from the gunsmith at rank 2 and 3.

best thing for legendary marks is to infuse lower gear so you keep pumping up your light level, only once you are closer to 300 and have a ton of crap blue/purple 295+ gear is it worth buying gun blueprints so you can infuse them higher. until then, they are guns you are basically not going to use.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yea, the Heroic playlist seems pretty retarded..had to 2-man Undying Mind from start to finish last night because a 3rd was never added in by matchmaking.
Tried to do 3 heroic strikes on sunday, two of them a guy just sat at the entrance of the zone and never came forward. Third one me and some guy cleared to the last boss with the giant harpy and never got a third added. Fuck that boss with two people, just went to orbit because it was so frustrating and shit.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Every time I stayed in queue after finishing a strike one or two people would afk or leave at the start of the next one and I'd have to solo or 2 man the whole thing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are people infusing items that match their playstyle? So far I've just been adjusting my playstyle based on what the highest light whatever I get. I suppose there is a point where it makes sense to stop just equipping something with a higher number and really settle on an item you like.

I did get a rather nifty autorifle from hitting rank 2 with the gunsmith (thanks to getting a couple of those purple drops that award a nice chunk of rep with him)

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Are people infusing items that match their playstyle? So far I've just been adjusting my playstyle based on what the highest light whatever I get. I suppose there is a point where it makes sense to stop just equipping something with a higher number and really settle on an item you like.

I did get a rather nifty autorifle from hitting rank 2 with the gunsmith (thanks to getting a couple of those purple drops that award a nice chunk of rep with him)
I just upgrade legendary gear that match my playstyle, ran with blues until I found stuff I liked. Since you can get 295-300 blue gear its not much of a sacrifice.